Golden Globe Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hugh was just :heart: See because i've grown up with Blackadder, A bit of Fry and Laurie etc, his american accent sound so weeeeeeird and really BAd (im used to it now though) but when he talks in his proper accent :drool: :drool: so f. hot. MMMM

I love Merryl Streep! Her speech was great!

Justin was an ass squating like that - how rude!

overall a pretty good night minus the year long beatty award.

I think the only reason the Globes are still on is because they're serving booze there. Otherwise, why should we give a flying rat's ass?

MrPryck2U said:
I think the only reason the Globes are still on is because they're serving booze there. Otherwise, why should we give a flying rat's ass?

Why should we give a rat's ass about any awards show? :shrug:

Some people put too much weight on the awards (honestly, why be outraged because someone didn't win one of these awards?), some people like to watch them because they find them entertaining.

It's like the Superbowl for the pop culture set. :wink:

Re: the beautiful people. Emily Blunt was head to toe lovely. Drew Barrymore was lovely, but way too fake-tanned.

And apparently I'm the only one, but I thought Justin Timberlake's off-the-cuff short joke was kind of funny. Maybe because I'm short too. I'd be curious to hear if Prince thought it was funny or was insulted if/when someone told him about it.

Last edited:
dazzlingamy said:
Hugh was just :heart: See because i've grown up with Blackadder, A bit of Fry and Laurie etc, his american accent sound so weeeeeeird and really BAd (im used to it now though) but when he talks in his proper accent :drool: :drool: so f. hot. MMMM

Some friends and I were just watching Jeeves and Wooster last weekend. :D So freaking funny!!!

It weirds me out to hear Hugh speak with his American accent. :huh:

I subscribe to two trashy mags and one of the trashy mags I got yesterday said Jennifer Lopez, Eva Longoria and Penelope Cruz were the best dressed.

Do you have cable? Either E! or Bravo (I can't remember which) has been re-running it this week. I think it's even on now, or at least the pre-show was on.

MrsSpringsteen said:

I need to get my trashy mags today- but in general most people seem to be saying Angelina, Penelope Cruz, Drew Barrymore, America, Eva Longoria

I didn't like Angelina's dress. She usually looks good at these events, but it was very meh.

Back
Top Bottom