Golden Globe Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did anyone see that 60 Minutes interview with Helen Mirren a couple of weeks ago? She's awesome

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/04/60minutes/main2330675.shtml

I liked the color of Renee Zellweger's dress, and I loved the necklace

capt.864f662963584c5684d8d62bbb48786c.golden_globes_arrivals_cadb209.jpg

I can't find pictures of George Clooney :mad:

They have this little tidbit on people.com, that's harsh. I guess they arrived so they would avoid each other. And why did Justin have to make fun of Prince's height? I guess Prince was stuck in traffic.

6:19 p.m. – While ex-girlfriend Cameron Diaz was presenting onstage, Justin Timberlake chats with author Dominick Dunne – who came as Sharon Stone's date. (He did not look up.)

Reese Witherspoon looked the best last night.

Did anyone see Jack Nicholson eyeing her out when the camera was on her? He's amazing.

And his daughter is cute.

Winning awards is all good, but the thing I would like to know the most is did Angelina Jolie show up? And if so, why are there no photos of her posted here? I find this most disturbing. :wink:

MrsSpringsteen said:
I don't think there are any of her without Brad, maybe they were surgically attached last night :wink:

0000037067_20070115194256.jpg
Thank you, MrsSpringsteen. I shall sleep easier tonight.

Note the bruise on Angelina's arm. No doubt the result of some kind of after-hours apparatus...

U2Fanatic4ever said:

OMG... YOU GOT IT SISTAH!! Michael C. Hall should of won than one hands down! Loved him in Six Feet Under and love him even more on Dexter.!! What a show! I can't get enough of it.

Highlights for me were: Sacha Baron Cohen (he is fuckin hilarious and was last nite :lmao: ) , Marty S. winning, Ugly Betty and America winning, Forrest Whitaker and Eddie Murphy winning one, Clint Eastwood's win.

NO WAY, Hugh Laurie is awesome and deserved it!!! And no, HOUSE is my show and nothing is better!

Eddie Murphy = yuck!

skjuls said:

I love Meryl Streep but does she have to win everything!!!????

Meryl has been nominated, like, 13 times, and only won twice. (i know "only")

so, it's interesting, but she's also the biggest Oscar loser of all time.

i think she should have at least three Oscars, and after "Sophie's Choice" and "Kramer vs. Kramer" i'd say she was most deserving either for "Adaptation" (she's really quite funny in the right role) or "Bridges of Madison County," which i didn't think all that much of as a movie, but she was astonishing, perfect little Italian accent and the look of loss on her face at the end ... a moment of perfection.

i could talk about her for hours. when she's on her game, it's artistry is on par with Shakespeare or Beethoven or Melville or whatever other artist in whatever other discipline. there is no better actor -- male or female -- on the planet.

except for maybe possibly Daniel Day-Lewis.

but he needs to make a few more movies. :angry:

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:

Does she ALWAYS have to look like she just ate a lemon? I've liked her in some of her movies, but she just bugs me so much. Ms. Squinty-eyed Lemon-mouth.

corianderstem said:

Does she ALWAYS have to look like she just ate a lemon? I've liked her in some of her movies, but she just bugs me so much. Ms. Squinty-eyed Lemon-mouth.

OMFG!!! EXACTLY!! :lmao: that is the best description ever. You describe just as I would have.. And yes, that bugs the shit out of me too...:huh:

skjuls said:

NO WAY, Hugh Laurie is awesome and deserved it!!! And no, HOUSE is my show and nothing is better!

Eddie Murphy = yuck!

pfft!! Watch Dexter first girly! :madwife: I just couldn't get into House.. To me it's too much like other doctor shows...

LemonMacPhisto said:
Reese Witherspoon looked the best last night.

Did anyone see Jack Nicholson eyeing her out when the camera was on her? He's amazing.

And his daughter is cute.

no paternity test for jack's kid needed

she has his forehead and devilish eyes :up:

I'm a little late to the party.

Most boring / speech that would never end: Warren Beatty :yawn:

Reese - looked great, just not a fan of yellow.
Meryl - great speeches and one of the best actresses of our generation :bow:
Helen Mirren - when she's nominated, you know she's the frontrunner. Great actress, though I haven't seen everything she's done. She looked beautiful last night. Great dress & color (though this might not reflect it)

page_4581168912861.jpg

Jennifer Biel looked lovely
page_4961168913220.jpg
189_jbiel_070115_kwinter_73004550.jpg

Did not care for Beyonce's "posing" for the cameras :yuck:

Congrats to Jennifer Hudson. And to win the award being given out by George Clooney!

I had seen Forest Whitaker on Oprah, and saw clips from the film and discussion about the movie. I had a feeling he was gonna win best actor. I like watching the winners who seem to totally not expect to win and who are truly humbled.

Lots of other pretty faces/dresses on the Red Carpet. Can't find them at the moment. Salma Hayek always looks gorgeous, and she seemed truly happy for America Ferrera's win (yes, I watch Ugly Betty).

And I have to agree with corianderstem about Renee Z's face and squinty eyes. Where are they?

Didn't care of Jennifer Garner's dress - seemed "droopy" on top :shrug:

I'll probably think of more later.

Last edited:
Re: Renee Z, could be she's heard the local dj's talking about how no matter how skinny she is she will always look fat due to her giant cheeks.

Yay for Helen Mirren :dancing: :applaud: :dancing:

Wow! :shocked: Kate Winslet looks absolutely flawless&beautiful!!!! :love:

Glad to see Drew had her boobs tethered this year, after last year's green monstrosity.

And does Reece need to go to the loo? :huh: Stand straight!

Irvine511 said:

i could talk about her for hours. when she's on her game, it's artistry is on par with Shakespeare or Beethoven or Melville or whatever other artist in whatever other discipline. there is no better actor -- male or female -- on the planet.

except for maybe possibly Daniel Day-Lewis.

but he needs to make a few more movies. :angry:

I agree Daniel Day-Lewis is amazing but he's also a Method Actor so I think it takes a lot out of him to just make a movie.

Back
Top Bottom