Going to see STP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

*Stormy*

I'm going tonight, and it's my first concert since the Elevation tour ended
frown.gif
Any other STP fans here? What kind of show do they put on?

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

~**The LONE She-Wolf of PLEBA!**~

No clue, but I hope you have fun. I went to see Pete Yorn last night with Elbow opening and it was a total blast!
biggrin.gif

Yep, he sure is. And I met him last night too!
biggrin.gif
Too bad he's shorter than me.
tongue.gif
Oh that and the minor fact that last I heard he was dating Winona Ryder. *sigh*

i LOVE stp. im glad you got to see them, they're the last album flopped, though it wasnt a bad disc. ive got a feeling pj's new album next year will follow suit. its a shame.

big bang baby, a forget it, tiny music is just a great cd period. also heavens and hotrods is a great song as well.

------------------
-deathbear

Sula- YOU MET HIM??!! WOW!!!!
smile.gif
That is so cool, how can you stand it! Congratulations!
smile.gif

Zoomerang- I'm a weirdo because my favorite STP albums are the last two! 4 rules! I love Atlanta, Glide, Church on Tuesday, and Sour Girl sooo much! I love Shangriladida more than any of the 90's stuff. I hope they do a lot from the last two tonight.
smile.gif
But the old stuff is cool too.

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

I heard a rumor that PJ's label told them, "sorry, try again" concerning their new album.

STP is a great band. Purple is one of THE best hard rock albums ever.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

STP is unbelievable! Purple is a great cd. I'm also a big fan of everything on Core.

Scott Weilland has quite a stage presence.

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:

big bang baby, a forget it, tiny music is just a great cd period. also heavens and hotrods is a great song as well.

Tiny Music is an awesome album. Lady Picture show is such a Beatle like tune. Triipin on a whole... Another great tune, jeez, there are so many. Their best album IMO.

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

I love everything STP has done, excepting a few songs here and there. I really wish Days of the Week had been a bigger hit for 'em.

Thanks! I just got back and they did rock! Scott does have a great stage presence. He bleached his hair which I do not like, I liked his hair dark, and he did most of the show shirtless! He is full of health and energy for a guy who should be dead. He is in great shape and just never winds down. It made me tired to watch him. He spins, poses, runs, lunges into the crowd and makes all kinds of faces. He is a great showman. His voice is so strong! He said, 'there's still a lot of voice left in this old m-f-er!' but he's 34, and from other stars it seems the voice starts to go around 36-37 so we'll see. Still he is in incredible shape for the life he's had!

I like most of their hits, but my favorite things are from the last two albums, and I like some obscure stuff. They did play "I Got You" from 4 and "Sour Girl" but I wanted to hear "Atlanta" and "Glide" and they didn't even do "Days of the Week." Now I know how fans feel who complain about the setlists. Of course STP has reached the point in their career where they have such a catalog that most songs are 'greatest hits' so they play what the fans want to hear, what brings the crowds and the money and that's how it is. I am not whining, it was an excellent show and it rocked hard and gave it everything they had. My biggest complaint (besides Scott's bleached hair LOL) is the IDIOT ASSHOLES in the balcony who kept spitting and dumping ice and beer on our heads! Oh there were NO seats in this venue, it was all SRO. There was this drunk baldheaded guy near me who said he was going to get on stage, and he did rush the stage and get on for a few seconds but they pulled up a long haired dude to play guitar with them. Overall STP does not have the interaction with the fans that U2 does, but they still play the show well and walk around and look at you. All the members except the drummer took a turn going to each corner to be near fans.

Yes, STP rocks, and I am sorry their last album didn't do better. It deserved it, look at how much crap was out there at the time. Scott asked how many of us had bought the 'invisible secret album' they released last year. I loved it so I yelled it out. Just wanted them to know.

------------------

Stormy I'm glad you had fun!
I love STP. I don't have their last album, but after your review I may have to pick it up!

------------------
"Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in
eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star
in our hand and melting like a snowflake."
--Marie Beyon Ray

Back
Top Bottom