Going to see Pete Yorn!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by DiGi:

Has anyone ever heard of Sloan, the band that is opening for PY in DC and some of the other shows he is doing?

I don't know a lot about them, other than that they're a Canadian band that's been around for a while. I've heard a few of their songs, which I've really liked. They sound very Beatles-y. I'm kind of sad that I'm probably going to have to skip the 9:30 Club show because I'd like to see them.

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Originally posted by meegannie:
I don't know a lot about them, other than that they're a Canadian band that's been around for a while. I've heard a few of their songs, which I've really liked. They sound very Beatles-y. I'm kind of sad that I'm probably going to have to skip the 9:30 Club show because I'd like to see them.

That sucks. I just bought a bunch of tickets on Monday night for the 9:30 show.

That sucks. I just bought a bunch of tickets on Monday night for the 9:30 show.

I really want to go, but I'm (potentially) going to SO many shows in April/May/June that I'm going to be completely broke. I'd planned on going to the Chili Cookoff anyway because I like Remy Zero, so I decided that the Pete Yorn concert at the 9:30 Club was the most expendable of my planned concerts. It's no fun, though. I'm so addicted to concerts that it's like cutting off my own arm to not go to one.

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

I really want to go, but I'm (potentially) going to SO many shows in April/May/June that I'm going to be completely broke. I'd planned on going to the Chili Cookoff anyway because I like Remy Zero, so I decided that the Pete Yorn concert at the 9:30 Club was the most expendable of my planned concerts. It's no fun, though. I'm so addicted to concerts that it's like cutting off my own arm to not go to one.

Megan I have one extra tic right now to the 9:30 show next week. let me know if you want it.

Megan I have one extra tic right now to the 9:30 show next week. let me know if you want it.

Sorry I haven't replied--I just read this (I was sick on Friday and only have sporadic internet access at home). Anyway, I don't think I'll go. I spent a ton of money in Philly in Saturday, and I think I just bought a Fender bass guitar. Thanks for offering, though!

Did you go to the Chili Cook Off? How was it?

------------------
A song is a beautiful lie

Did you go to the Chili Cook Off? How was it?

No I bailed on it. Wish I would have gone I just had too much going on.

Ok let me know if you change your mind. If it is a money issue don't worry about, better a true fan gets it than some joe 6 pack.

Thanks! I think the 9:30 Club website has a place in the Forums section for people looking for/selling tickets, if you don't want to try to sell it at the door.

From the posts in the 9:30 Club forums, the Chili Cookoff wasn't very well-organized anyway, so you were probably better off not going.

Oh, also, Ed Harcourt is opening for Neil Finn at 9:30 in July (and several, if not all, of his other dates). I don't know much Neil Finn, but I like what I've heard, and Ed Harcourt was one of the best live acts I've ever seen, so I highly recommend seeing him if you can.

Okay, has anyone else seen this picture? Has he been attending the Ryan Adams school of personal hygiene? Bad, Pete, bad.
00001835h.jpg

lol! meeganie, that picture is awful! i went to see pete last nite in NYC, and he was good. however, i was at the BACK of the venue, so i couldn't really see what he looked like... although i did see a LOT of hair!
wink.gif
and at one point he said to the crowd "man, i need a haircut!" lol!!!

he put on a good show- did a cover of bruce's "atlantic city" and bowie's "china girl", as well as 90% of his album. it was a nice time- just wish i had been a bit closer!

smile.gif

I cannot keep hearing about how good Pete Yorn is live. I need to cut back on concerts!

Stop the madness!
smile.gif

------------------
A song is a beautiful lie

Back
Top Bottom