going to Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dutchfan

The Fly
I am going to Dublin start of may 2006. Been there some times before and saw all the sights, the regular stuff. Great city Dublin, i feel good over there and can't wait to go again.

Question: are there great things in Dublin a normal tourist does not think off? I touched the mummies, saw a whole replica of the book of Kells in the National Library (took two days before they found the book, so sweet of them..) and now i am trying to see some unusual sights.

Are there Dublin Experts here who can help me??

Am not a Dublin expert (am originally from an hour west of Dublin) but there are some places not in Dublin city that are worth going to - Newgrange, Glendalough, Wicklow mountains etc which are good fun. More outdoors type stuff though.

Everyone does tour of Guinness factory - its worth doing if you havent done it yet.

Thats just off top of my head. Lots of people here have been to Dublin as tourists (for me its going home) who might be able to give you more info..

Wish I could help but I've not been there yet muself, waiting for 2007, but I've read a lot about Ireland and know many folks who have made the pilgrimmage or live there. I also was given an excellent book called U2 Under Blue Dublin Skies that has some really good tips on what to see, directions, etc. Have a grand time!

TNX......

Gelndalough is my favorite place on earth for so far i visit earth. Wicklow is splendid and worth a visit every time. New Grange I am hoping to get in this year, that was on my list.

Ofcourse gives the Guinness factory a very good view over Dublin Sky (but a guinness at 11 oclock is not my thing :) )

What I am looking for are the tkings "only Dublinners know"or so...things that are not in a guide book.

But tnx for the new grange reminder: i want tickets this time.....

Well I Hope to be going all through Europe.

At least London, Edinbrough andDublin.. at the very least.

I may end up for a little while in Holland!

cool.....Holland is a very nice country!! But thats my opinion:)
And if you are in the neighborhoud, why not visit it for a couple of days. Going back another day costs more money and time ..

Back
Top Bottom