Going to A Concert? Don't Play The Fool - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2004, 02:36 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:40 AM
IWB!

I think you should teach a seminar!

Old 07-29-2004, 03:56 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
then there's "that guy". you know, the one who goes to see u2, and wears an old u2 shirt (not the one he just bought at the merch table). don't be that guy!!

Old 07-29-2004, 04:11 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
I'll add one, too.

The Screamer: The screamer appears during the penultimate moment of a ballad, a pause during which the audience sits motionless, capitvated, holding their breath, suspended in time waiting for the final word or note that will push them over the edge in revery. During this sacred moment The Screamer, enamored with the sound of his/her own voice screams, "I LOVE YOU________(fill in the blank)."
Haha, yes. I remember one concert...was it a year ago, just a little over that...this one girl kept yelling out various stupid stuff to the band on stage, and I was sitting there thinking, "Argh, would you shut up already, lady? You're not funny."

at BluRmGrl's post, too.

Also, aw, sorry to hear that your first concert turned out kinda sucky, ylimeU2. .

Angela
Old 07-29-2004, 05:09 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:40 AM
to the creepy looking guy who tried to barge his way to the front at the Splendour after we had stood there for hours enduring what was already a human crush. When we made it obvious we weren't letting him in to our little patch he tried to charm his way in.."I thought it was Splendour is the Arse, that's why all you women are here, you want it in the......." well I won't continue, it got worse.UGH!!
also to the girl who thought she had right of way because it was her 19th birthday. Okey dokey, we let her in, but hellsbells, did she have to be wearing quite so much spiky jewellery and such an ornamented belt. She scratched me continually when she was dancing...if that's what you call the need to leap about waving your arms in the air...poooooheeeeeeee.
to the considerate, sensible and friendly people.
ow: to the young totally drunk guy that stepped in front of my car on the main road when I was leaving the festival. There were designated pedestrian pathways back to Byron, but no, he had to walk( stagger) on the wrong side of the road in the dark. If I'd run him over it would really have spoilt an otherwise splendid night.
I could go on about the things I've seen over the years, but I'll
Old 07-29-2004, 07:23 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by cass
When we made it obvious we weren't letting him in to our little patch he tried to charm his way in.."I thought it was Splendour is the Arse, that's why all you women are here, you want it in the......."
*Makes a face* Oh, good god......

Have I mentioned that I really am not a fan of guys who act like that?

Angela
Old 07-29-2004, 11:26 PM   #21
Refugee

The angelers are the who I get the most at. Esspecially if a girl with roses wants to steal spots so that she can to the band. Or how about the tall football player who says I am just making my way to the bar and then proceeds to stand right in front of you!
Old 07-30-2004, 03:13 AM   #22
fah
Blue Crack Addict

I went to see Harry Connick Jr tonight

But enough of him....many thanks to those at the show who waited to be seated until after the show had started. Yes those of us who had aisle seats really appreciate that.

And one more thing - Go to the bathroom before you sit down.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:35 PM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl
IWB!

I think you should teach a seminar!
if only i could. hah, i sound more elitist the more i say. i should be quiet. i was that pit newbie once...a few bloody lips, noses, and one interesting experience puking on a crowded stage have turned me into a...

sorry, thatguy, i didn't mean you!
Old 08-03-2004, 05:31 PM   #24
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:40 PM
I just got back from a concert by the Fun Lovin' Criminals. They were cool. I know only a handful of songs of them, but they put on a good show (and they played almost every song I knew of them, so that was cool too). However, I did encounter one of those stereotypes: the requestaholic. After the second song (as they opened with Loco/The King Of New York back to back) every time when there was a small pause this dude would yell out for Scooby Snacks.
I mean, the concert had barely started and that one is one of their biggest hits. So I sort of expected that one to be played near the end of the main set or during the encores. Which they finally did (near the end of the main set). By then, I was so sick of this dude. Especially when he started to request Scooby Snacks AGAIN!!!

Luckily the Fun Lovin' Criminals were cool. They were a bit more rockin' than I expect and Huey certainly got a certain charm. It was a nice evening out (although it was freakin' hot).

Stick 'em up punk, it's the Fun Lovin' Criminal

C ya!

Marty
Old 08-03-2004, 06:53 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Then there was the woman at the Portland Elevation show who was so moved by WOWY that she began...um..."servicing" the man seated next to her.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:41 AM   #26
Blue Crack Supplier

people who get up to go get food during a show need to die.

seriously.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:53 AM   #27
The Original
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:40 PM
"servicing" has gotta be the funniest euphemism for administering sexual pleasure ever. unless i'm misinterpreting. I hope i'm not misinterpreting.

That article missed the obsessive fan, usually obese, usually a chick, who plants her ass down right at the front directly in front of the singer, gazes dreamily into his eyes, and doesn't budge throughout the whole show.

Or maybe that's just a London thing.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:17 AM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

no, the obsessive fan exists all over western massachusetts. in both indie rock and punk scenes.

like the wierdos who stand right in the front and desperatly flail their arms about just trying to touch the singer when he steps out towards the crowd. someone like my sister who doesn't give a fuck what kanye west's setlist was--she has the sweaty tall he threw into the audience!!
Old 08-04-2004, 09:22 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by SkeeK
"servicing" has gotta be the funniest euphemism for administering sexual pleasure ever. unless i'm misinterpreting. I hope i'm not misinterpreting.

That article missed the obsessive fan, usually obese, usually a chick, who plants her ass down right at the front directly in front of the singer, gazes dreamily into his eyes, and doesn't budge throughout the whole show.

Or maybe that's just a London thing.
You're not misinterpreting. They were in front of my son.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:07 PM   #30
The Original
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:40 PM
Is there laws about that sort of thing?