Goin' to Edinburgh! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2007, 08:49 AM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~

I really love London (and I mean the city ) and during our trip, this was the second time I have visited there, but it's cold. People couldn't give a fuck if they ran you down on the street. Edinburgh had more of that small town charm and feel, and that came out of every person that we spoke to. I can't wait to come back someday, and get too see more of Scotland as well. So beautiful!
That's exactly what my friend who's at uni there says about Edinburgh too- that it has everything that you'd expect of a big city (big shops, big cinemas, big everything) but it has the feel of small place which she thinks is great.

As far as London goes it does have a bit(!) of a reputation in the UK for being unfriendly but perhaps that's to be expected in a city its size?

Old 01-16-2007, 08:52 AM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978

It isn't????

So whereabouts in the States do you live? New York, LA, Texas or The Other Bits?

Old 01-16-2007, 11:01 AM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~

You got that right! That's one of the things that I really loved about Edinburgh. Whenever Drew and I looked the slightest bit confused or were standing on the street looking at a map, a friendly local would come over and ask if we needed help and would give us directions.

I really love London (and I mean the city ) and during our trip, this was the second time I have visited there, but it's cold. People couldn't give a fuck if they ran you down on the street. Edinburgh had more of that small town charm and feel, and that came out of every person that we spoke to. I can't wait to come back someday, and get too see more of Scotland as well. So beautiful!

Scotland must be the friendliest place on earth i reckon Lady Lemon and the most beautiful too i'd say, but i'm biased!

I've been to London arounbd 10 times, and people do always do seem in such a rush in London, but as Q1 said i think it maybe is due to it being so huge but what i thinbk too is that people are wary of strangers 'cos you never know what people's motives are maybe with it being the capital, esp after the bombings&things like that - you know, we can't trust strangers so we'll keep to ourselves? That's my theory but having said that i have come across some friendly Londoners and especially Cockneys!

There was also a very nice taxi driver once who drove me to where i had to go even though i'd told him i didn'thave the full fare (I was down there when i was 15&ready to come home skint after a Duran Duran concert! ) but he agreed to take me back to the hotel and then he actually gave me the money back 'cos i said i didn't have enough for getting a cup of tea!

It sounds unheard of for a taxi driver in London doesn't it??
Old 01-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #49
Protecting my eyes ARRRR!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230
and the same amount of time exploring England's Lake District (between Wales and Scotland. So there you have it.

The Lake District is so beautiful.

As is Edinburgh and many other places in the UK and Ireland.

Anyone coming to the UK have a great trip.

6 countries,11 shows. AMAZING FRIENDS AND MEMORIES = Jem's priceless 360 Tour
Old 01-16-2007, 04:11 PM   #50
Protecting my eyes ARRRR!!!

Susan that was really nice of the cab drive. I always get cab drivers in London who seem to think ihave no idea where im going and think its a great idea to rip me off, until ipoint out theyre going the long way.

6 countries,11 shows. AMAZING FRIENDS AND MEMORIES = Jem's priceless 360 Tour
Old 01-16-2007, 10:43 PM   #51
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by susanp6

I'm glad to hear that you have a good knowledge of our country Carek that's cool!

It sounds like a pretty decent tour, but no Glasgow i've noticed that a lot of these tours do tend to focus on Edinburgh more though so i do fully understand that is how they plan them a lot of the time!

It'd be great of you to let me know of your schedule, Carek but the problem is i can't recieve PM's but i may get premium membership at some point, either that or you could always email me nearer the time and see if it's poss to perhaps have a short meet up for a drink somewhere in Edinburgh as it's easy for me to come through there! ah we shall see closer to the time if&when it can happen!

Oh and btw, just thought i'd tell you, there's a zoo in Chester!

That would be excellent! I would LOVE to meet up with you Susan, if for only a drink or quick meal. These tours don't leave us a lot of free time but I want to see as much and meet as many people as possible. Ha! I can sleep when I get back home! I will be in touch before the trip of course....and we can email, no problem there, or let me know when you become premium If I've not been around here for a few days you can usually check with TinyDancer as we are in touch often.

A zoo in Chester? Really?
Old 01-16-2007, 11:17 PM   #52
Blue Crack Supplier

It was nice of the cab driver, wasn't it Jem!

Carek! that will be good! I know how tight these tours are but hey! We can meet for a couple of hours - it would be fun i know of a few places oh and btw, you can go on Brittania i've been meaning to go on it myself actually for so long!!! i'm only 2 hours away from getting on it!
Old 01-17-2007, 04:11 PM   #53
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 09:33 AM
I would LOVE to tour the Britania! Let's call it a date and I will stay in touch!
Old 01-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier

that would be great Carek!!!
Brittania it is then it will prob be a bit chilly then but oh well, it will still be fantastic to go on it whattever the weather but being all wrapped up
Old 01-17-2007, 06:45 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1

So whereabouts in the States do you live? New York, LA, Texas or The Other Bits?
The other bits: Massachusetts.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:20 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978

The other bits: Massachusetts.
Massachusetts, that's like near the USA isn't it?
Old 01-19-2007, 02:29 PM   #57
War Child

Local Time: 12:33 PM
We are going in the fall to England, Wales and Scotland...with I think, two nights in Edinburgh...thanks for all the tips!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 03:59 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Wales
Old 01-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Have a great trip Catlady