Gofuku, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, I was thinking 2008 hadn't yet blown me away, but the Fake List might be just enough to get me to jump on the I Love 2008 bandwagon. And I don't recall seeing the cover ...

By the way, how great is the Slow Loris thread on WTAHNN? I love the people convinced it's an insider, when the Loris's identity has been posted on the forum before. I'm just keeping quiet because I don't want to ruin the fun for the Loris next time around.

Screw already crowned 2008 as the greatest year of this decade so far in a thread the other day. That must make it true.

Here's the cover:

Front.jpg

The photograph itself is, I think, an excellent parody of so many naturalistic covers that people have made. The title is also appropriately depressing and hopeless. Overall, the cover is not openly hilarious, but certainly accurate.

That thread isn't as entertaining now that everyone is taking it seriously. ANYBODY can make predictions, guys.

Hey Andrew and Bonnie! :wave:

Screw already crowned 2008 as the greatest year of this decade so far in a thread the other day. That must make it true.

Here's the cover:

Front.jpg

The photograph itself is, I think, an excellent parody of so many naturalistic covers that people have made. The title is also appropriately depressing and hopeless. Overall, the cover is not openly hilarious, but certainly accurate.

That thread isn't as entertaining now that everyone is taking it seriously. ANYBODY can make predictions, guys.

Oh, of course. 2008 is almost up there with 1975-85. How was I so blind before?

Hah, very nice and subtle parody. Good work. And heh, my DI V cover's going to be another nature one. In trying to come up with a title, I've been wondering "I wonder what our Foremost Title Critic will think". :wink:

I actually find the thread more entertaining now, because I'm so amused by how many people genuinely, sincerely, certainly think the Loris MUST be an insider.

Oh, of course. 2008 is almost up there with 1975-85. How was I so blind before?

Hah, very nice and subtle parody. Good work. And heh, my DI V cover's going to be another nature one. In trying to come up with a title, I've been wondering "I wonder what our Foremost Title Critic will think". :wink:

I actually find the thread more entertaining now, because I'm so amused by how many people genuinely, sincerely, certainly think the Loris MUST be an insider.

Thanks. My last cover had a tree on it too so, yeah, I'm a hypocrite. It's still very true though.

Edge will use a ringing guitar tone on the new album, and Larry will play the same beat on every song, regardless of what everyone else in the band is playing. What do I win?

I didn't hate it, which I think is an achievement.

I sort of agree with Axver here.

OK, not really, but I still find that album extremely overrated, and weaker than almost any album by the fucking Beatles. It's good, not great, with plenty of filler to spare. Kind of like every other Beach Boys album.

I didn't hate it, which I think is an achievement.

I sort of agree with Axver here.

OK, not really, but I still find that album extremely overrated, and weaker than almost any album by the fucking Beatles. It's good, not great, with plenty of filler to spare. Kind of like every other Beach Boys album.

I agree with both of these things. It's a good album. Not great. And I like pretty much every Beatles album that I own (everything from Rubber Soul on) better than it (which is saying something, as I own Yellow Submarine).

You guys are wrong! Wrong! Music isn't subjective at all! God, what the fuck. I'm gonna go listen me up some bona-fide Kate Bush.

Kate Bush??? That's played out. I'm going with Viva La Vida. It's proof that 2008 is the greatest year of all time, in any given area.

Beatles vs Beach Boys showdown! :hyper:

Thanks. My last cover had a tree on it too so, yeah, I'm a hypocrite. It's still very true though.

Edge will use a ringing guitar tone on the new album, and Larry will play the same beat on every song, regardless of what everyone else in the band is playing. What do I win?

:lol: You failed to correctly identify Bono's new cliche of choice, so you get nothing.

Also, in all seriousness, I'm still trying to decide if I want to go with the title I've chosen and I would be interested in what you think (and anybody else here; apologies to Bonnie since I already discussed this when she was here last night). My tracklist basically evolved from wanting to use Alcest's Tir Nan Og as the final song, since I think it's one of the most beautiful closers I've heard; the working title in my iTunes is "Beautiful Island". And quite a lot of it atmospherically reminds me of the Kapiti Coast, so I'm using a Kapiti photo as the cover and I'm thinking of using a Kapiti placename as the title, since no lyrics or anything are leaping out at me. What do you make of Rauoterangi and Paekakariki as titles? I personally favour Rauoterangi.

My tracklist basically evolved from wanting to use Alcest's Tir Nan Og as the final song, since I think it's one of the most beautiful closers I've heard; the working title in my iTunes is "Beautiful Island". And quite a lot of it atmospherically reminds me of the Kapiti Coast, so I'm using a Kapiti photo as the cover and I'm thinking of using a Kapiti placename as the title, since no lyrics or anything are leaping out at me. What do you make of Rauoterangi and Paekakariki as titles? I personally favour Rauoterangi.

What's wrong with "Beautiful Island"? It's like a combination of Beautiful Day and Island Records! :hyper:

Beatles vs Beach Boys showdown! :hyper:

:lol: You failed to correctly identify Bono's new cliche of choice, so you get nothing.

Also, in all seriousness, I'm still trying to decide if I want to go with the title I've chosen and I would be interested in what you think (and anybody else here; apologies to Bonnie since I already discussed this when she was here last night). My tracklist basically evolved from wanting to use Alcest's Tir Nan Og as the final song, since I think it's one of the most beautiful closers I've heard; the working title in my iTunes is "Beautiful Island". And quite a lot of it atmospherically reminds me of the Kapiti Coast, so I'm using a Kapiti photo as the cover and I'm thinking of using a Kapiti placename as the title, since no lyrics or anything are leaping out at me. What do you make of Rauoterangi and Paekakariki as titles? I personally favour Rauoterangi.

Go with "No Deathgrowls On The Horizon". :up:

And, for the record, "Beautiful Island" is a better working title than my collab list with LMP had..."LemonMelPhisto".

What's wrong with "Beautiful Island"? It's like a combination of Beautiful Day and Island Records! :hyper:

Excuse me while I go poke my brain with a sharp stick.

Go with "No Deathgrowls On The Horizon". :up:

And, for the record, "Beautiful Island" is a better working title than my collab list with LMP had..."LemonMelPhisto".

:lol:

I think I'll go with Rauoterangi. Plus, it makes the photo selection a bit easier, since it would only be appropriate to use a photo of the Rauoterangi Channel. So I'll choose something that does not include the channel at all, for extra Pretentious Points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom