Gofuku, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See you, Ashley. :wave:

I ahve Dancing BArefoot, Ax. I just iddn't know it was a cover, lol/

The others, i do not.

i think I knwo how to make Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr orgasm. Play Dying Sailo rand MLK one after the other.

Oh! :laugh: Will have to dig up good live recordings of the other two.

And :lmao: - I never got what was so good about Dying Sailor, as I find the low hmmm enough to make my stomach churn.

Maybe I should have covered U2's cover of Fortunate Son instead of Miracle Drug. It would have been a whole lot easier to make it sound terrible.

There is the considerable risk here, though, that your cover would actually be better than U2's version.

Well, there's no way Travius's could be worse, fo fuck's skae.

There is the considerable risk here, though, that your cover would actually be better than U2's version.

True. I'd have to make the vocals even more pointlessly distorted. Wait, that's not actually possible. :doh:

Forgot to mentioned, I finished the first 17 minutes of the prog song for the Fake List. It's coming along rather nicely. There's going to be narration and bad poetry (ahem, Moody Blues) in my worst British accent, and the whole of 6:30-14:00 is nothing but me hitting things and playing guitar badly (King Crimson - Moonchild).

:lmao: Andrew called Serena SerVo. lmfao lmfao lmfao. WIN WIN WINWIN WIN!!!

MST3K.

I :heart: you Andrew. lmfao lmfao

I second, nothing good after Night and Day. I love N&D :drool:

And yep Channel 7 sucked big time, which is why I watched a lot of SBS and therefore handball......

OK got to pretend to work now, may pop in later...

True. I'd have to make the vocals even more pointlessly distorted. Wait, that's not actually possible. :doh:

Forgot to mentioned, I finished the first 17 minutes of the prog song for the Fake List. It's coming along rather nicely. There's going to be narration and bad poetry (ahem, Moody Blues) in my worst British accent, and the whole of 6:30-14:00 is nothing but me hitting things and playing guitar badly (King Crimson - Moonchild).

Haha, that's going to be hilariously awesome. You know, I've found that with some of King Crimson's stuff, it's pretty neat to watch them doing weird shit on stage, but god it sounds tedious if you're just listening to it. So produce a video of you running around hitting stuff while blowing a whistle.

Haha, that's going to be hilariously awesome. You know, I've found that with some of King Crimson's stuff, it's pretty neat to watch them doing weird shit on stage, but god it sounds tedious if you're just listening to it. So produce a video of you running around hitting stuff while blowing a whistle.
Why can I picture that video in my head? :lamo:

I second, nothing good after Night and Day. I love N&D :drool:

And yep Channel 7 sucked big time, which is why I watched a lot of SBS and therefore handball......

OK got to pretend to work now, may pop in later...

Yep, I watched shitloads of SBS's coverage too - at least they showed something and STUCK TO IT rather than jumping all around mindlessly. The handball was fantastic. We truly need that sport down here.

Hope to see you later! :wave:

The song composition features PICCOLO. How much more pretentious can you get? OK, maybe the pan flute is more lame, but I could fit that in too.

I was just about to say I don't felle conscious, then I got the Doors' "Love ME TWo Times" stuck in my head, and I'm finding the lyrics hysterical. No ideea why. Suggestve ness I supposed.

Oh dear. I'm kinda loopy.

The song composition features PICCOLO. How much more pretentious can you get? OK, maybe the pan flute is more lame, but I could fit that in too.

I insist you use a lute somehow. Quoth Mikael Akerfeldt about Opeth's second album, Morningrise: "We were quite pretentious in those days. I brought a lute to the recording sessions, thinking I'm going to be a minstrel."

Oh dear. I'm kinda loopy.

We hadn't guessed!

I insist you use a lute somehow. Quoth Mikael Akerfeldt about Opeth's second album, Morningrise: "We were quite pretentious in those days. I brought a lute to the recording sessions, thinking I'm going to be a minstrel."

I think I have a lute on my keyboard.

Let's see just how pretentious this song composition is:

• 30+ minute length
  • Synthesized wind instruments
  • Spoken-word poetry
  • Narration
  • Lyrics about Greek mythology
  • Avant-garde jazz noodling

Let's see just how pretentious this song composition is:

• 30+ minute length
  • Synthesized wind instruments
  • Spoken-word poetry
  • Narration
  • Lyrics about Greek mythology
  • Avant-garde jazz noodling

Shit, it's 1973 again!

Now all you need is some "world" flavour, e.g. a solo by a charango or a balalaika.

:laugh:

Are there going to be some lyrics in a foreign language?

Yes, actually. But not in this song. I plan to write some gibberish lyrics and run them through an Icelandic translator for the post-rock parody Góð Söngur.

Yes, actually. But not in this song. I plan to write some gibberish lyrics and run them through an Icelandic translator for the post-rock parody Góð Söngur.

Siguriffic.

I would piss myself laughing if you used the Haka in one song.

It could be included in the aforementioned video of you running around hitting stuff while blowing a bird whistle, King Crimson style.

I'm going to have to release this playlist as an enhanced SACD with Miracle Drug (This Song Is About...Drugs Remix) and Fortunate Son (Hey, It's Better Than U2's Version Remix) as b-sides, along with a DVD featuring a live acoustic version of The Sound Of Silence and a music video for every song

A $15 value, yours for only $25.99.

I'm going to have to release this playlist as an enhanced SACD with Miracle Drug (This Song Is About...Drugs Remix) and Fortunate Son (Hey, It's Better Than U2's Version Remix) as b-sides, along with a DVD featuring a live acoustic version of The Sound Of Silence and a music video for every song

A $15 value, yours for only $25.99.

I'll give you $26.01* if you include the lyrics in Polish.

*Zimbabwean dollars.

Just a warning, the Icelandic(?) lyrics may not turn out to be all that accurate when translated to Polish. :uhoh:

That's OK, I just want to get a feel for their atmosphere and imbue them with an Eastern European feminine mystique.

(By the way, check your e-mails.)

That's OK, I just want to get a feel for their atmosphere and imbue them with an Eastern European feminine mystique.

(By the way, check your e-mails.)

The Fake List is proof that 2008 is indeed the greatest year ever for music.

Have I ever shown you the front cover for it?

Anna, how's it going? :wave:

The Fake List proof that 2008 is indeed the greatest year ever for music.

Have I ever shown you the front cover for it?

Hm, I was thinking 2008 hadn't yet blown me away, but the Fake List might be just enough to get me to jump on the I Love 2008 bandwagon. And I don't recall seeing the cover ...

By the way, how great is the Slow Loris thread on WTAHNN? I love the people convinced it's an insider, when the Loris's identity has been posted on the forum before. I'm just keeping quiet because I don't want to ruin the fun for the Loris next time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom