God Or The Girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Did anyone watch this on A& E last night? It is about young men trying to decide whether or not to go into the Catholic Priesthood. It's not what you might think, they are not trying to use girls to lure them out of it or whatever-it's not like that. I thought it was interesting, and w/ the exception of one of them (I can't remember his name) who is very tradionally devout and seems to have already decided what to do, the others are all struggling w/ their decisions. One is 25 and was making $80,000/yr, he gave it all up to become a missionary and now wants to be a priest.

I watched it because Grey's Anatomy wasn't on, I hope that's not it's regular timeslot.

I saw the ads for this and it looks very different. Those shows usually catch my eye but I did miss it last night. Is it going to be on again? Maybe I can catch it next time around. I've read stories about men giving up everything to enter the priesthood at varying ages in their lives too which is interesting.

I know I missed Grey's Anatomy last night. My sister sent me a cd soundtrack for the show :up: although I've not listened to it yet.

I was at my parent's house, and they have hundreds of TV channels. I just have very basic cable, so I wouldn't normally have seen this show. I was flipping through and caught a few minutes. It was pretty interesting, but since I don't get A&E I probably won't see it again. If I did get this channel, and the time worked, I probably would watch it again. It could be interesting.

Interesting show indeed, looking forward to tonight's episodes as well. However, I think that two of the guys on that show already know what it is that they want to do and they just don't want to disappoint others that want them to join the priesthood(Mike and Joe)... They say that they might want a family and kids someday, so it just seems kind of silly to me that they would be considering joining the priesthood :shrug: It'll be interesting to see what they decide.

I thought it was a weekly series-they have a marathon on Friday and the finale on Sunday night.

I think Steve is the most ready for priesthood-most people might say he isn't, but I think he learned the most on his mission and has the most questions as to whether he is really chosen-for me that makes the best priest. He has already experienced material wealth and maybe now he realizes it is empty compared to what he can have if he can help other people.

I can't remember all their names :der: but the one who got all the help while trying to get to Niagara Falls, I liked that. God is present in the form of other people in spite of the fact that there are so many rotten people around. It is so easy to forget that.

You were right about Steve MrsSpringsteen:up:

Although, I was expecting the curly haired guy to have chosen the priesthood too considering all his talk and everything he did. But perhaps he was really the most conflicted out of them all. In the end I think they each made good decisions for themselves...

Uh, OK. There are some great priests around, I know some. This is about the TV show, not a chance to start in on all that stuff.

I hope Steve will be happy with his choice, I think he would make a fine priest.

Back
Top Bottom