God I miss Grunge - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2002, 05:50 AM   #16
you are what you is

Local Time: 05:18 AM
personally I didn't like Grunge nowhere near as much as the bands who inspired Nirvana etc (Sonic Youth, Pixies ... now that rocked)

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 10-26-2002, 12:06 PM   #17
War Child

Local Time: 08:18 PM
Sonic Youth and The Pixies rule.

The new Foo Fighter record One By One is very strong, I suggest it. I am going to have to read into the linear notes because I swear it sounds like Chris Cornell on the background vocals for "Lonely As You Are".

Thw video to "You Know You're Right" really brought memories of Kurt's stage presence

Old 10-26-2002, 07:53 PM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer

though I liked them somewhat at the time, I have no interest anymore in Stone Temple Pilots

I'm very excited about the Audioslave project, I've heard a few of tracks and they're better rock songs than anything I've heard in ages
STP were one of my fave bands from the early 90s period and I still think they rock- I dont have their new album but I got the release from 2000 'No 4' and it was quite good.....with all of the shit they have gone through, namely their various drug afflictions it is just good to see that they are still together as a band....

I dont know what to make of Audioslave, the first single that is being played here, to me sounds like such a Led Zepplin 'Whole lotta love' rip off- not very original in my opinion.....

and yeah I miss grunge, mostly because it was the music of my generation, I guess that all of the younger kids these days will be saying that all of the rap/metal bands are their generation but anyway I can remember where I was the first time I heard smells like teen spirit & when Kurt died, getting my first pair of Docs and rocking out at numerous gigs by local grunge inspired bands when I was just a young thing.......I miss the newness and rebelliousness that the music inspired- well it did in me.....but whilst I miss most of the grunge music I was also a big fan of the LA music scene of the late 80s that featured bands like Janes Addiction, RHCP (sorry cant stand their new music, give me Mothers Milk and Freakey Styley any day) and Living Color- all these guys were great and came just before the grunge explosion and then the grunge era- how great was it?? I was lucky enough to see Soundgarden live twice and they were just amazing and I saw the RHCP back in 92 and they absolutely rocked- there just seemed to be more power in the music back then......

My Grunge Top 5 (in no particular order)

Love buzz- Nirvana
Outshine- Soundgarden
Interstate love song- STP
Would- AIC
Animal- Pearl Jam
Old 10-26-2002, 09:04 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:18 AM
we still have Silverchair and Bush.
Old 10-27-2002, 01:11 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:18 PM

I used to do the grunge/gangsta thing... XXL fannels, saggin baggy jeans, and docs.
Old 10-27-2002, 01:15 AM   #21
Kid A

Local Time: 11:18 PM

grunge and gangsta are no relation, that's like confusing northern italians with southern italians
Old 10-27-2002, 01:56 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:18 PM

I was a weird one... I didn't even fit in with the alternative crowd.
Old 10-27-2002, 02:08 AM   #23
Kid A

Local Time: 11:18 PM

man, how did you make it thru? you have to either be part of the mainstream or the alternative (mainstream) crowd