GO LEAFS GO - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2002, 09:58 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:36 AM
GO CAROLINA GO!!! Kick some Maple Leaf ass! (It's not so much that I'm a Sens fan that I'm a anti-Leafs fan, hehe...and of course the CBC broadcasters made me hate Toronto even more)...

I'm Canadian but :

GO CAROLINA!!!!!!

And for the Stanley Cup:

GO COLORADO!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by ladywithspinninghead (edited 05-14-2002).]

Old 05-14-2002, 11:46 PM   #77
The Fly

Local Time: 09:36 AM
WHOO F'N HOO!!!! i'm sooo happy right now. Carolina look out. What a supurb game. oh my god, what a great game. Leafs rule. Were going to the cup!!!!! The drought is over!!!!! Time to carry the torch for the country now!! More tommorow. I'm too tired now. Thanks ottawa for a good game!!!!

hey MBH, the guy who shot kennedy was the secert sevrice guy walking beside the car!!!! Just joking. I'm sure it was Oswald.( I don't want to get into the whole Kennedy thing )

I'm just estatic. how can anyone from Canada NOT cheer for the leafs? This team is all heart baby!!!!!

mike in toronto
GO LEAFS GO!!!!

Old 05-15-2002, 12:27 AM   #78
War Child

Local Time: 02:36 AM
The only reason why I want to see the Leafs win the Conference Final is so they can school the Canes but that doesn't mean I like them.
Old 05-15-2002, 03:36 AM   #79
Refugee

Local Time: 03:36 AM
Okay, okay

I'm sorry about my comment about the booing of anthems. I admit that my post was all rant, so I will retract my statement and admit that I made my statement in ignorance. I apologise to all the American (and Canadian) fans I have offended.

But I still stand by the Leafs!!!!

GO LEAFS GO!!!

------------------
You Elevate My Soul!
Old 05-15-2002, 03:59 AM   #80
The Fly

Hey edgeman, that's the spirit!!!!! I like hearing people yell GO LEAFS GO!!!! Should be a hell of a game!!!!!!

WHOO HOO!!!!!LEAFS RULE!!!!

mike in toronto
GO LEAFS GO!!!!
Old 05-15-2002, 08:33 AM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MBH:
Dude, for the most part, you make sense and I agree with most of what you say. Sometimes you seem to ignore the facts.

Let me explain: "the two players who actually did go down were isles. but it could have just as easily been maple leafs."

Kobayashi, the POINT IS THAT IT WAS ISLES THAT WERE HURT AND NOT LEAFS!!!

We live in a world of what HAS HAPPENED, not what could have happened.

As for the penalty shot: yes, usually penalty shots are not called late in playoff games. THAT IS WRONG. The NHL looks like bufoons b/c of all of the rule changes(overtime, officitating, etc...). Penalty shots should be called more often, penalties in general should be called late in games but there not and the NHL looks like shit by making up different rules in the reg. season, the playoffs and the Olympics as well.

at times you also make sense MBH. but when you say the leafs are dirty and then dismiss my comment that the isles were at the same time dirty, well that doesn't make much sense
Old 05-15-2002, 09:01 AM   #82
The Fly

Well, one day later and I'm still living on cloud nine with that superb win. Question. I don't know much about Carolina, can someone tell me what to expect from this team?? I have a good feeling that the leafs can go to the finals!!!

mike in toronto
GO LEAFS GO!!!

p.s. - did anyone see Gary Bettman (sp?) on hockey night in canada last night? Wow, that guy is a moron!!
Old 05-15-2002, 09:10 AM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:36 AM
carolina is driven by what has become known as the bbc line, bates battaglia, rob brindamour, and upstart rookie eric cole.
they also have sammi kapanen and ron francis. they are to be contended with. it will not be easy for the maple leafs. canes are a young disciplined team enjoying great and largely unexpected success from cole especially. i don't know much about thier defence.
if they have one weakness it is in net. i can't remember a time a team has been as successful as they have been while intentionally rotating their goalies trying to hit the hot guy on the right night. logically that is not a good strategy but it has worked splendidly for them this far.

[edit]here is a good article on canes hockey at the moment-->the toronto sun
Quote:
written By MIKE ZEISBERGER -- Toronto Sun

NASCAR, college hoops and the moonshine industry temporarily have been put on the backburner on Tobacco Road.

Ice hockey's the trendy thing in Carolina now, a fact the Maple Leafs are about to discover. As coach Paul Maurice's team prepares to host the Leafs in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final at the Raleigh Sports and Entertainment Arena tomorrow night, Hurricane fever has gripped the Raleigh-Durham area like never before.

After eliminating the Montreal Canadiens with an impressive 8-2 drubbing at the Molson Centre Monday night, the Hurricanes arrived in rainy Carolina in the wee hours yesterday morning to find about 1,000 fans at the airport to welcome home their hockey heroes. Meanwhile, dozens of people braved the drizzly elements in the middle of the night to wait for the ticket office to open. According to team spokesman Jerry Higgins, there were significant lineups at the wickets all day.

The Leafs were 2-2 against the Hurricanes during the regular season, posting single victories at home and on the road. Both teams scored 12 goals in the four-game series.

One of the scariest moments of the Leafs' regular season came late in the first period of a 4-3 loss to the Hurricanes in Raleigh on Dec. 26.

As Mats Sundin was lurking in front of the Carolina net, the stick of Hurricanes defenceman Marek Malik clipped him within a hair of his right eyeball. As blood spewed onto the ice, observers were reminded of the eye injury that almost ended the career of Bryan Berard. Fortunately after a major stitch-up job, Sundin, wearing a visor, returned in the second period and went on to score a pair of goals.

There are a number of interesting connections between the two teams.

Former Leaf Kevyn Adams, who still speaks with close friend Alyn McCauley on a weekly basis, scored a highlight reel goal for the Hurricanes Monday night in Montreal.

"I loved (Toronto)," Adams said yesterday. "The fans were great to me there. The (Leafs) gave me my big break in the NHL and I'll never forget that. Toronto has such a talented team. They can beat you so many different ways."

Meanwhile, the Carolina organization gave Leafs forward Gary Roberts the opportunity to revive his career after sitting out the 1996-97 season with a neck injury. Roberts played for the Hurricanes from 1997-99 and is regarded as one of the most popular players in Carolina history.

Goalie Tom Barrasso, out with a fractured left wrist, played most of this season with Carolina before being traded to Toronto in March.
[edit]

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 05-15-2002).]
Old 05-16-2002, 08:39 AM   #84
The Fly

Just wanted to get pumped about game 1 tonight. Whoo HOO, Game 1, round 3. 8 wins away for the cup!!!

C'mon everyone, GO LEAFS GO!!!!

mike in toronto
GO LEAFS GO!!!