Go Leafs Go!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgeman

Refugee
Okay, this topic should have a point I guess. So i think it should be a place where Leaf fans can get together and rally on the best hockey team in Canada!

How about Domi getting on the score sheet in Game 1? Things are looking good so far. I'm just waiting for Gary Roberts to heal up fast.

What do you guys think?

i think they will win this round but fall short.

fall short as in squeek through this round and lose in the next round no matter who they play as long as it isnt carolina.

then again, what do i know? as much as you do. thats why its so much fun to watch!

p.s. i actually do like the leafs

------------------
-deathbear

I'm a huge leafs fan, but I think you're right, and history pretty much proves that the leafs can't make it past the semi's. As much as I would like them to win the cup this year or even next year, I think that if Boston gets past Montreal they will win it this year.

Here's to wishful thinking....

GO LEAFS GO!!!

As much as I like the Leafs, they are not the best team in Canada. That said, a Vancouver/Toronto cup final would make my year! It would be great for hockey in Canada, I'd think. If less attention would be paid to the American market, with sudden focus on the Canadian scene, it might renew interest up here, and perhaps stimulate growth??? I don't know. It's more of a question than a theory. It might not make any difference, really, as hockey is huge in Canada anyway, but the small market teams are still suffering. Vancouver and Toronto aren't small market teams anyway, so my theory is probably out to lunch. If it had been an Ottawa/Calgary final on the other hand... Anyone have any thoughts on this?

------------------
The Tempest

[This message has been edited by Michael Griffiths (edited 04-20-2002).]

Man, that would be great if it was a Vancouver/Toronto final!

Plus you are right about the small market teams. They just can't match the American dollar nowadays. It's a shame that teams like the jets or Quebec had to move down south because of the money issue.

Well the leafs win another one today.

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!

Originally posted by Michael Griffiths:
If it had been an Ottawa/Calgary final on the other hand... Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Ah ha ha ha - Michael, you bring a smile to my face. Thank you. Firstly, Calgary would never make it to the finals. The Sens, maybe. But as one of the TSN guys so aptly put it, "Good hockey puts butts in seats" and cash in their wallets too. With that being said, they can spare more on tv time, players, advertising, etc. So I think it'd be a good thing. Also, if Calgary makes the playoffs, you can be damn sure that the Edmonton Oilers would be close behind.

------------------
SlipStream Soul

Of course they would never make the playoffs. It was a hypothetical question! I was trying to deduce the effect that an all Canadian final would have on the "Canadian game" by creating a silly little thought experiment. It then became clear that if a small market team could solve the problem in such a manner, there wouldn't really be much of problem in the first place.

------------------
The Tempest

yay!

i have golds to game 5 in toronto on friday nite
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

that is if there is one
wink.gif