Go Active Meal...the happy meal for adults

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
:shifty: i'm not so sure about this...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,97582,00.html

Instead of Happy Meal standards like a burger and a toy, the new Go Active Meal will include a salad, an exercise booklet and a pedometer meant to encourage walking.

Fitness guru Bob Greene has agreed to help promote the Go Active Meal, which is being test-marketed at 150 McDonald's restaurants in Indiana.

McDonald's and other fast-food chains have tried to offer healthier fare that will still temp tastebuds as the fat and calorie content of their core products has come under scrutiny. Burger King, the No. 2 hamburger chain, planned to launch a new line of low-fat, baguette-style chicken sandwiches on Thursday.

Two weeks ago, a federal judge in New York dismissed an obesity lawsuit against McDonald's that alleged it had been hiding the health risks of eating its popular Big Macs and Chicken McNuggets. It was the second time this year that U.S. District Judge Robert Sweet threw out a class-action lawsuit that blamed McDonald's for making people fat.

Greene, who can't remember the last time he visited a McDonald's restaurant, said consumers had to take "personal responsibility" for the choices they make when it comes to consuming food. He will also consult on new menu items for the Oak Brook, Ill.-based company, which also announced a new taco version of its premium salads on Tuesday.

McDonald's has a "long, long way to go" to solidify a reputation for promoting healthy foods, said Bob Goldin, an analyst at Chicago-based food consultancy Technomic. But Goldin was willing to give the company credit for trying.

"McDonald's sees some major trends, and the company is trying to be responsive," Goldin said. "Whether these initiatives will actually move the needle (to boost sales), I don't know."

:lol:

actually i doin't know what's funnier. the exercise booklet or the fact that adults by happy meas for th toy :ohmy:

a salad? big whoop. they already SELL salads. what about those of us who just don't like salads? i don't mind eating healthy, but a salad just doesn't jump out and say yummy.

KhanadaRhodes said:
a salad? big whoop. they already SELL salads. what about those of us who just don't like salads? i don't mind eating healthy, but a salad just doesn't jump out and say yummy.

ooh, but this salad is different...it comes with a McExercise booklet and a McPedometer....just what i always wanted *inserts sarcasm* :rolleyes: :laugh:

i refuse to eat mcdonalds if there are any other options.

i wonder if they will market this like Red Bull sells their cans of caffine as an energy drink (sarcasm)

I haven't eaten at McDonald's in years now. This new meal is certainly not persuading me to go either. And the "Go Active" name is really stupid, imho. :down:

now that would make for a 'happy' meal wouldn't it?

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

haha i read this thread too fast and thought your response said "dildo" :laugh:

:ohmy: :lmao: :shame:

:sexywink:

Last edited:
now i want some mcdonald's french fries. :(

oh well, at least i had some of chili's awesome blossom strings (you know, not the whole appetizer but just some, you can get a smaller portion as a side item with your entree) for lunch, but it's not the same. mcdonald's french fries are the best. and they cook them in beef fat - or at least they used to - ugh!

:drool: i could really go some Burger King right about now...one of those flame grilled chicken burgers thanks...

alas. i will go cook my grilled pork chops and steamed vegies.

:drool: steamed vegies :drool:

Back
Top Bottom