GNR to release ''Shacklers Revenge'' through Rock Band 2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

super fly guy

New Yorker
A decade and a half after releasing its previous album, Guns N’ Roses plans to put out a new song in September — on the video game Rock Band 2. MTV expects to announce on Monday that the sequel to its popular Rock Band game will include "Shackler’s Revenge," a track from the Guns N’ Roses album that has been in the works for more than a decade, said people familiar with the deal who spoke on condition of anonymity because the arrangement has yet to be announced.

The inclusion of the song on a game suggests that the Guns N’ Roses album "Chinese Democracy" will come out this fall, after years of delays. Axl Rose, who has selected replacements for the other original members, has said that the album is finished, but a release date has not been announced.

Mtv and Universal Music Group, Guns N’ Roses’ label, declined to comment on the deal.

Guns N’ Roses’ plan to reintroduce its music to the public in a video game underscores how important to the music business games have become — especially Rock Band and Activision’s Guitar Hero series, which allow gamers to play along with songs on instrument-shaped plastic controllers. Rock Band 2 will also include songs from marquee acts like AC/DC and Rush; the game may also feature music by Elvis Costello and Bob Dylan, according to a track listing leaked online. Activision recently released a version of Guitar Hero dedicated to Aerosmith, and a game based on Metallica is due next year.

Sounds to me like they're not confident enough to put it out on the radio. Guitar Hero music doesn't really have to be good for the game to be fun.

Well, not necessarily true. Bands (especially 'older' bands with 'new' material) are using this medium to release their new songs. Mötley Crüe released their new song through Guitar Hero and it garned triple the amount of sales on GH as it did through iTunes. So it's truly a marketing ploy used to get maximum exposure and generate buzz...we'll see how well this plays out.

If the song is good it'll get airplay...this is all very interesting coming from G N' R...or Axl...:|

Heh, no offense, Reg, but using Motley Crue as an example to counter my "GH music doesn't have to be good to be fun" doesn't work too well. :p

To me half the fun of playing Guitar Hero is pretending you are actually "playing" some classic rock tune you inexplicably love despite how cheesy and overplayed it is. I don't think it would be the same if you were playing someone's brand-new song.

it's about time something from Chinese Democracy was released.. i didn't think it actually existed :rolleyes:

I noticed this today and nearly jumped up in excitement. Nearly. This could very easily be another false alarm for this album that I've been waiting for since forever.

Back
Top Bottom