Gnaw Bone, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The nearest grocery store me often has loose bananas, either from where bunches have come apart, of where they've just been separated for individual sale. I suppose nothing's stopping someone from taking apart a bunch themselves, say if they only wanted a couple of bananas and not 7-8, since they're sold by weight and not by the bunch. So you could get several bananas in various stages of ripeness, and then eat them in the proper order.

Also something about putting the bananas in a paper bag is supposed to help them ripen, and putting them in the fridge stops them. But it's not something that I likely have ripe, since I just avoid bananas.

I think the last time I actually ate a banana was when I was in a hotel for a conference back in August. We were stuck in meetings all day and so I was pilfering bananas from the giant fruit bowl in the lobby to keep me sustained.

I could definitely do that at my supermarket too. But I'm lazy. I switched from usually buying apples to bananas because it was quicker just to grab a bunch of four or five bananas than sift through the apples looking for four or five decent ones. I'll probably go back to apples soon though, because I do prefer them. Of course, the fruits I like the most, such as peaches, are a bit too messy for work!

Back when I worked essentially across the railway from a fruit and vege store, my lunch was their little tray of sliced honeydew and rockmelon.

Sometimes you'd be happy to give it away, sometimes I would use my fork to keep people away.

Foul. But then I dislike all melons except watermelon, and even that I'm not usually keen on.

Edited without comment

I was curious to see what you would do.

I'm sure you like melons whenever you go to Eden.

Park, that is. Who doesn't like cool refreshment during a game? What else did you assume?

The polar extreme of DT is Sharia, which is not so good for women , or for LGBTQ , I'm not a donald lover by any means, but it could be worse yeah?

You might not be a Donald lover, but you're still an idiot. Rejecting one extreme doesn't mean you can't reject the other extreme as well.

It's a bit awkward having that avatar come up while I'm at work, i.e. at present.

Not that I mind.

You might not be a Donald lover, but you're still an idiot. Rejecting one extreme doesn't mean you can't reject the other extreme as well.

Also, somebody clearly doesn't know what Sharia law is.

And you didn't even make any of that lasagne materialise in my lunch space.* How dare you. :(

*By this I mean a random table in the middle of a hallway because the geniuses who designed my department's new building didn't include a common room, but they did put in this one otherwise useless table. Everybody having lunch disturbs everybody trying to do work as our voices echo up and down the hallway. It's great. Alternative great.

So, funny story. A couple of years ago when I still worked for Kmart, I was part of an overnight team of about six people that worked in the store while it was closed overnight to get stuff done. It was great because we were able to goof off to a certain extent, AND got paid more.

One of the other girls on the team was a weird little nerdy goofball. She had this cute snaggletooth, and one day in the breakroom I looked over at her and told her that she looked like a baby dragon. She then declared that if she were a dragon, she would hoard chicken nuggets. And she would lie upon her vast pile of chicken nuggets, then whenever she got hungry, she'd just breathe fire on one to warm it up.

I will never forget the mental image of the nugget dragon.

Nooo. MINE. *hoards lasagna like Smaug*

My mate and I the other day were talking about our respective abilities to save money. Mine impressed him enough that he said "I'm not sure whether that shows you're descended from Jews or from Smaug".

Before this sounds dodgy, he's Jewish and I have some Jewish ancestry. Most of his quips about his (in)ability to save are about how he's proud to undermine stereotypes.

So, funny story. A couple of years ago when I still worked for Kmart, I was part of an overnight team of about six people that worked in the store while it was closed overnight to get stuff done. It was great because we were able to goof off to a certain extent, AND got paid more.

One of the other girls on the team was a weird little nerdy goofball. She had this cute snaggletooth, and one day in the breakroom I looked over at her and told her that she looked like a baby dragon. She then declared that if she were a dragon, she would hoard chicken nuggets. And she would lie upon her vast pile of chicken nuggets, then whenever she got hungry, she'd just breathe fire on one to warm it up.

Desperate people with sweet and sour sauce try to break into her cave for chicken nuggets.

:lmao: Wow.

Back
Top Bottom