Gnaw Bone, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh we know you have issues. :wink:

Would anyone have ended up in this thread without issues?

Superthread or Interference in general? I thought you were one of the originals in Pop Survivor Round One.

Superthread or Interference in general? I thought you were one of the originals in Pop Survivor Round One.

Really either. I know I was a big part of the LiveJournal U2 community, but I don't remember what exactly prompted me to start coming to Interference too, or which subforum I lurked in first.

As for the Superthread, I'm equally clueless. I guess I was in DESCRIBE first?

Actually, come to think of it, Ashley is probably to blame for both. I'm pretty sure I was friends with her on LJ before I joined Interference, and I followed her here. She and I used to talk on MSN all the time.

LJ & MSN. What a blast from the past. Great times though.

Haha oh man yes. It amazes me the rare occasions when I find somebody who still uses LJ.

And Chass, even if you can blame Ashley for bringing you to Interference, I'm pretty sure it was you who persuaded her to come into the Superthread in its early days!

And Chass, even if you can blame Ashley for bringing you to Interference, I'm pretty sure it was you who persuaded her to come into the Superthread in its early days!

Maybe! I really don't remember. But what a nice bunch of friends we all were. Those nights of staying up all night on the blue crack, when we'd go through a thread every few days.

I miss the glory days but when it comes to it, forums get quiet because social media wins out, everyone has changing life circumstances. I've dropped in and out for various reasons, but when we're pushing a 10 year anniversary and we're generally still friends, that can only be a good thing.

I miss the glory days but when it comes to it, forums get quiet because social media wins out, everyone has changing life circumstances. I've dropped in and out for various reasons, but when we're pushing a 10 year anniversary and we're generally still friends, that can only be a good thing.
:up:

My longest-running online social group dates back to 2003, and most of us are still in touch. It was originally a forum, then a bunch of us made an AIM chat, and now we use Facebook messenger chat.

Ice after muscular exertion, heat the day after. Massage along with heat. Also drink lots of water and eat a banana.

Dr. Chass says so.

I thought about doing the shock hot/cold treatment but decided I was sunburnt and I'm practically cold blooded so neither appealed. To be fair, given I was put in a position to be target practice it's mainly bruising and you just have to wear that shit.

Did drink a lot of water and got my banana on.

I actually hate bananas. I eat them occasionally because I know they're good for me, and I can actually feel when my potassium is low. So then I have a damn banana and it's like a chore to eat the damn thing. I hate it.

I actually hate bananas. I eat them occasionally because I know they're good for me, and I can actually feel when my potassium is low. So then I have a damn banana and it's like a chore to eat the damn thing. I hate it.
Those are my exact thoughts. A banana seems like a good idea, but as one of my friends put it, you get "bananaed out"

I definitely miss the glory days of messageboards. I've said it plenty of times before, but I don't find social media nearly as satisfying, either in terms of the quality of conversations or the strength of the connections made. But again that may be changing life circumstances too.

As for bananas, they're not my favourite fruit but they're convenient and not very messy for work, so I often buy them for lunch. The problem is that, if I buy them on a Sunday, the first one or two are not quite as ripe as I'd like, but the one that doesn't get eaten until Friday is too ripe. Maybe I'm just too picky.

The problem is that, if I buy them on a Sunday, the first one or two are not quite as ripe as I'd like, but the one that doesn't get eaten until Friday is too ripe. Maybe I'm just too picky.
The nearest grocery store me often has loose bananas, either from where bunches have come apart, of where they've just been separated for individual sale. I suppose nothing's stopping someone from taking apart a bunch themselves, say if they only wanted a couple of bananas and not 7-8, since they're sold by weight and not by the bunch. So you could get several bananas in various stages of ripeness, and then eat them in the proper order.

Also something about putting the bananas in a paper bag is supposed to help them ripen, and putting them in the fridge stops them. But it's not something that I likely have ripe, since I just avoid bananas.

I think the last time I actually ate a banana was when I was in a hotel for a conference back in August. We were stuck in meetings all day and so I was pilfering bananas from the giant fruit bowl in the lobby to keep me sustained.

I definitely miss the glory days of messageboards. I've said it plenty of times before, but I don't find social media nearly as satisfying, either in terms of the quality of conversations or the strength of the connections made. But again that may be changing life circumstances too.

Yet last night we could have talked on here rather than Facebook, but what did we do?

Back when I worked essentially across the railway from a fruit and vege store, my lunch was their little tray of sliced honeydew and rockmelon.

Sometimes you'd be happy to give it away, sometimes I would use my fork to keep people away.

I've just put a lasagna in the oven. It's gonna be pretty epic when it comes out, considering that by the time I got it assembled the pan was so heavy I had trouble lifting it down into the oven.

Back
Top Bottom