Gnaw Bone, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Albuquerque is such an odd city, let me tell you. Absolutely fucking dead at peak hour and well into the evening, then a passionate crowd shows up for Alcest and loses their minds.

I haven't found Brokencyde yet, by the way.

And I'm just about to take off on my way home. I was allocated a middle seat but got it changed to an aisle at last minute. And the seat beside me is empty too. Thank fuck. This is one hell of a long day of travel and it'll be nice to get home.

I skipped it entirely. Cheers, international dateline!

Make your own jokes.

My trip in 2005 skipped 4 July!

But my third trip in a few weeks I don't think skips anything interesting on the way back. Anything notable about 24 March? I've got nothing.

Now I'm on Wikipedia reading about calendars.
There's a conspiracy theory that like 200 years of time are missing between the cessation of the Julian calendar and the start of the Gregorian. Supposedly it was a couple of centuries shy of the year 1000, but they decided to just say it was the year 1000 so they could start it on a round number. I believe it's been debunked based on historical records of comets and other recurring cosmic events.

Reading about the creation of the Gregorian calendar is a pretty fascinating rabbit hole. It took such precise calculations to keep everything lined up to where its supposed to be, particularly in regards to making sure Easter is always on a Sunday AND always so many days after passover but before the spring equinox.

Loony conspiracy theories are always great. Like the one I told Khan about a few days ago, that the moon is not real, or that the real moon is being hidden by a hologram.

A running joke at my work is that we should write a history of lizard people.

Loony conspiracy theories are always great. Like the one I told Khan about a few days ago, that the moon is not real, or that the real moon is being hidden by a hologram.

A running joke at my work is that we should write a history of lizard people.

People talk about flat earthers a lot, but the hollow earth people have a much more ridiculous conspiracy. The earth is a hollow sphere, we are on the inner surface. The sky/stars/whatever are in the center of the hollow sphere. All space travel has been faked.

And then there's the Mandela effect.

OH GOD THE MANDELA EFFECT.

People who argue it's a thing are just sad sacks who can't handle being told they've made an error on anything, no matter how trivial.

OH GOD THE MANDELA EFFECT.

People who argue it's a thing are just sad sacks who can't handle being told they've made an error on anything, no matter how trivial.

I mean what's more likely, that you're misremembering something, or that your consciousness has been transferred from an alternate timestream?

If you think the latter is more likely, than you might be a redneck.

Funny story about the Mandela effect. A friend of mine had never heard of it, and I don't remember how it even came up, but we were in the ladies room of a rural rest stop somewhere in Eastern Kentucky on our way to West Virginia. I went on a rant about crazy Mandela Effect people while standing in this tiny, very echo-ey stainless still restroom. Some middle aged woman came in to use it while I was standing there, and I'm pretty sure she thought I was the crazy person.

Well, you are a crazy person, but for other reasons. :wink:

And fucking hell, if you have to invent some gibberish about alternate timelines to justify being "right" that it's Berenstein not Berenstain Bears, you've got some serious insecurities to deal with.

Did you have a good time?

Not even a little bit in dispute.

Poor girl spent so long apologising for being an emotional mess and I spent a lot of time telling her I'd been where she is (she's been deeper to be fair),

On the plus side, I can confirm I can handle women who cry, and cry over things you can neither fix, control or change.

I'm guessing his good time is responsible for the 24-hour delay.

I'm guessing his good time is responsible for the 24-hour delay.

As much as I'd love to claim this, it isn't. It was she cried uncontrollably on Tuesday and I didn't want her to be home alone more than one night so I stayed last night too.

Turns out it was the absolute right decision. The last two nights once we finished watching bad movies or bad TV - I take back bad movies, The World's End was amazingly funny - after varying periods of time she lost it.

I'm just really pleased I listened to my intuition and held that one more night. The look she gave me last night was something I can't put into words, but given how much we'd talked before we got together, I think she felt safe.

Back
Top Bottom