Glitter & Gold - NOW PLAYING

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Little Wing
(from The Essential)

You have far too good a music taste for someone your age! And oh, I thought you were great on stage too. :up: Sadly, I didn't get to meet you or your mother before or after the concert. Oh well, another time maybe.

:wave:

I'm doing pretty good. Just got back from Hawaii. :happy:

me: The Velvet Underground - Who Loves The Sun
(from Loaded)

Yes, I sure was in Hawaii! :happy: I think you've read about the concert by now, haven't you. I thought it was great! :up: And yes, I made a little vacation of it. Got a tan on the beach, saw Pearl Harbor, did a tour of (part of) the island, etc.

me: The Velvet Underground - New Age
(from Loaded)

Glad to hear that you got some R&R, and yes :yes: I read about the concert. You were missed around here. I'm going on a 5-day cruise to the Bahamas for Christmas, so I'm hoping to get some sun too.

Sbow Patrol- Shut Your Eyes

(from Eyes Open)

Tiny :wave: :hug: did you get my email?

Marty!!!! :hyper: :combust: It's soo good to have you back here! :wink: you must have had an amazing time :yes: were you near the front at the gig? Pearl Harbour would be quite something to experience :ohmy:

I'm not actually listening to anything at the mo' - i'm watching Parky, the chat show with Cameron Diaz on just now!

susanp6 said:
Tiny :wave: :hug: did you get my email?

Marty!!!! :hyper: :combust: It's soo good to have you back here! :wink: you must have had an amazing time :yes: were you near the front at the gig? Pearl Harbour would be quite something to experience :ohmy:

I'm not actually listening to anything at the mo' - i'm watching Parky, the chat show with Cameron Diaz on just now!

Susan! :hyper:

Yes, I indeed had an amazing time. And yes, I had front rail! :hyper:

me: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Hear My Train A Comin'
(from The Jimi Hendrix Experience)

susanp6 said:
Woot! :hyper: :hyper:

Is there some sort of museum where Pearl Harbour is?

Yes, there is a small museum and a theatre where they show a 20 minute documentary about Pearl Harbour. That documentary goes into the causes that led to the war in the Pacific, the actual attack on Pearl Harbour and the effects it had. It was a lot more informative and compelling than that 3-hour movie that was made a couple of years ago.
The most moving part was the memorial over the USS Arizona. That is a battleship that got hit by a torpedo that 7 December 1941 and went down within minutes (the torpedo hit the ammunition room). The ship took 1177 people with it. That ship still lies in the harbour (at least, everything below deck) and they built a memorial above it. Quite moving. :sad:

me: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Room Full Of Mirrors
(from the boxset with the same name)

Oh my goodness :sad: that sounds incredibly sad. I'd love to be able to see that :yes:

U2 - Vertigo :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom