Glastonbury 2004

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

* MoFo *

Acrobat
Anyone going? Tickets are 'available' at Aloud.com but the chances of the site actually workin are slimmer than slim.

Anyone had luck with getting theirs? Anyone actually wanna go?

hmmmmmmmm, I am thinking of going, well I am thinking of going over to the UK for a month, I have a few friends who will be over then and I have a plane ticket to get there and checking out Glastonburry would be awesome. The only down side of going is the 24hour plane flight to get there!!!!!:|

50,000 had sold out by 04:35 GMT. Been on sale for 8.5 hours now (from 8:00pm, i've been on since then). I'm not happy. This would've been my first Glastonbury too. I'll keep trying.

:|

hmmmm, looks I wont be going then, as I am not planing on getting a ticket anytime soon, I didnt realise that this thing sold out so quickly..........looks like if I make it there that I will be going to some smaller festivals then, any suggestions peoples????:)

You could looking into going to the Reading festival or Witness in Dublin, I think there is also a Leeds festival although I am not sure. Sorry I cant tell you anymore, I think someone who is from England might know more about concerts like this, everyone in Belfast goes to Reading or Witness for some reason.

People have been kicking up a big fuss about Glastonbury this year, the tickets have been selling faster than ever before but lots of people are having problems trying to get through and get their tickets. Here is an article from the BBC website about it:

Fan fury over Glastonbury tickets

More than 73,000 tickets for this year's Glastonbury Festival have been sold, but many people have been left frustrated by a new ticketing system.
The demand for 112,000 tickets put a huge strain on telephone lines and a dedicated sales website

Glastonbury organiser Michael Eavis said: "Just too many people want to come, it is very difficult for all of it to run smoothly."

The new strict system has been put in place in a bid to stamp out touts.

BBC News Online has been inundated with e-mails from would-be festival goers who have been unable to obtain tickets.

Many have spoken of their frustration of being unable to access the website and getting a constant engaged tone on the phone line.

They say they feel the new system, handled by a single ticket agency, Aloud, is simply unable to cope with demand.

The agency said it "can only apologise" to those who have failed to get through, and urged them to be patient and keep trying.

"We couldn't have predicted this demand," an Aloud spokeswoman told BBC News Online.

"The website got two million impressions in the first five minutes, with 2,500 people on the phone lines every minute," she said.

The new limit of two tickets per transaction meant many more people were chasing tickets than previous years.

Mr Eavis also admitted they have been overwhelmed with demand, but pledged improvements for the festival in 2005.

"The internet site went down in the night - the system overloaded. So we will need more equipment there next year," he said.

But he told BBC Radio Five Live that it was not necessarily desirable to sell the tickets as fast as possible.

"We can improve the software, definitely - but is it a good thing to sell them all out in one hour?

"We could have sold them out last night in five minutes, but is that a good thing? I don't think it is you know, I'd rather string it out a bit."

He blamed the heavy demand on the fact that details of headline acts - including Oasis and Sir Paul McCartney - had been leaked.

The evening opening was an attempt to dissuade touts and allow people who are at school or at work to buy tickets.

Tickets have to be bought by debit card because organisers thought touts bought multiple tickets by credit card last year.

ID checks

But tickets are already being offered for inflated prices on internet auction site eBay, with one pair priced at ?620.

Every ticket will carry the name of the person who bought it. Identity checks may be carried out at the festival gates to ensure people have not bought tickets from touts.

Mr Eavis added that people who did not buy tickets from official outlets would not get in - but if anyone bought tickets but could not use them, they could let him know at his Worthy Farm base and he would re-sell them.

In the last few years, Mr Eavis - who has run the event since its birth in 1970 - has invested more and more money into preventing gate-crashers and drug dealers entering the site.

In 2002, he spent more than ?2m on new fencing to keep out people who had not bought tickets.

Last year, he pleaded for people to stay at home if they did not have tickets. This year's festival takes place between 25-27 June.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3592655.stm

zonelistener said:
T in the Park anyone?

:yes: Have got my ticket:hyper:

David Bowie
The Strokes
The Darkness
The Pixies
Muse
Chemical Brothers
Snow Patrol
Franz Ferdinand
N*E*R*D
Scissor Sisters
PJ Harvey
Keane :heart:
Massive Attack
Kings Of Leon
Goldfrapp
Pink
Faithless
Basement Jaxx
The Thrills
Starsailor

brother is going to Glastonbury, he was up til 4am tryin to get tickets then up at 8 on friday, was online all morning trying to get tickets, no luck...

him and his mate then DROVE to glastonbury :lol: to see if anywhere was selling them... Glastonbury is like 30 min drive from here ;)

he went out friday night, came home pissed up at 1am, went online and he'd actually got through with his details earlier on when he thought the site had crashed...

he has tickets lol.

Back
Top Bottom