Glasscock County, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very tempted to. I didn't expect the guy at JB's to accept the resume because I figure jobs there are in such high demand. But the fact that he did gives me hope for Borders, so I might go there tomorrow and give one.

Go for it... you never know. :D Good luck!

I went for a job at Sanity once, years ago. I had to list who my favourite bands were... I don't think I was cool enough for them. :sad:

Go for it... you never know. :D Good luck!

I went for a job at Sanity once, years ago. I had to list who my favourite bands were... I don't think I was cool enough for them. :sad:

Thanks!

Ooh, I look forward to questions like that. The lady at Dymocks asked what sort of books I like to read. I said history, biographies and classics. She looked impressed!

Our work wants us to all dress up like it's the races tomorrow, given the fact that nearly nobody will be working on Monday. They're also staging some stupid "Spring-o-ween" drinks tomorrow night, zombie-themed racing carnival kinda thing. Oh darn, I have other plans. What a shame.

:laugh:

Oh yeah, way to boost work spirit, guys.

Thanks!

Ooh, I look forward to questions like that. The lady at Dymocks asked what sort of books I like to read. I said history, biographies and classics. She looked impressed!

Cool! :up: She probably would have just rolled her eyes at me...

what's wrong with fantasy novels? .... okay, fair enough. But some of them are good!

:laugh:

Oh yeah, way to boost work spirit, guys.

Between that and painting all the pillars bright colours and stapling coloured sheets of plastic on the pods (to match the pillars).... :rolleyes:

Our pod is orange. It could be worse... we're next to a yellow pod, and one on the other side of the floor is pink.

Between that and painting all the pillars bright colours and stapling coloured sheets of plastic on the pods (to match the pillars).... :rolleyes:

Our pod is orange. It could be worse... we're next to a yellow pod, and one on the other side of the floor is pink.

Your workplace must look godawful right about now. :crack:

Who the hell comes up with this or thinks it's a good idea anyway?!

Watch out, or I'll pick a fight with you about ... something theological.

I suppose the problem here is we disagree on very little there.

If I were in America, I'd be considered a dangerous heretic. A terrorist that conspires with Obama, no less!

You're right though, we do disagree on very little, except that I'm the believing one and you're not. Be interesting to see the roles reversed to be honest; it'd probably be exactly the same only with the questions and answers swapped...

Your workplace must look godawful right about now. :crack:

Who the hell comes up with this or thinks it's a good idea anyway?!

It's actually not tooooo bad. They've made some effort to keep similar colours together, and it's not overpowering... except maybe the yellow section. *wince* I'll see if I can take a pic once it's all done.

One of our company's core values is "Fun". There's a committee of volunteers who get to think up Fun stuff and get a small budget to play with. They tend to come up with similar ideas to the social club, but I don't mind cos we just get two lots of BBQs or other sorts of food.

If I were in America, I'd be considered a dangerous heretic. A terrorist that conspires with Obama, no less!

You're right though, we do disagree on very little, except that I'm the believing one and you're not. Be interesting to see the roles reversed to be honest; it'd probably be exactly the same only with the questions and answers swapped...

Maj.: "I'm a believer!"
Ax: "I'm not!"
Maj.: :mad:
Ax: :mad:

And it's on for young and old! *dings bell*

... Scalplock?

Old northeastern Indian hairstyle, similar to the mohawk. I honestly saw a female indietastico wear one yesterday. It's basically a small puff of hair on the top of the head with a lot of stuff coming out of the back - in the case of the Iroquois, feathers. In the case of the girl, fake cotton multicoloured dreadlocks.

Old northeastern Indian hairstyle, similar to the mohawk. I honestly saw a female indietastico wear one yesterday. It's basically a small puff of hair on the top of the head with a lot of stuff coming out of the back - in the case of the Iroquois, feathers. In the case of the girl, fake cotton multicoloured dreadlocks.

Ah, interesting... not sure I've seen those myself. Will keep an eye out!

You and your buds Obama, Bill Ayers, and Rashid Khalidi should be deported. :tsk:

Hah, yes. It seems our only major difference on Biblical interpretation is that I don't accept the underlying premise of a deity actually existing. If you and I got into a debate with somebody about how to interpret it, I doubt they would be able to tell I'm an atheist. We could totally play a game in debates to see who can spot which of us is the atheist. :lol:

Hah, yes. It seems our only major difference on Biblical interpretation is that I don't accept the underlying premise of a deity actually existing. If you and I got into a debate with somebody about how to interpret it, I doubt they would be able to tell I'm an atheist. We could totally play a game in debates to see who can spot which of us is the atheist. :lol:

I would love to watch this occur.

It's actually not tooooo bad. They've made some effort to keep similar colours together, and it's not overpowering... except maybe the yellow section. *wince* I'll see if I can take a pic once it's all done.

One of our company's core values is "Fun". There's a committee of volunteers who get to think up Fun stuff and get a small budget to play with. They tend to come up with similar ideas to the social club, but I don't mind cos we just get two lots of BBQs or other sorts of food.

Hey now, yellow is all kinds of SuperWin.

Haha, right. See, I'd rather just avoid that. I'd want to do my job and fuck off home. Don't bug me with bullshit attempts to make me have "fun".

Have a good night! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom