Give me some cures for insomnia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try the User CP tab up the top, it's in there.

I get Insomnia once a week or so :D... its great. I think just roll with it, I've always found I find it a lot easier if I go to sleep willingly rather than stressing over the fact that you can't go to sleep. Go and do somthing that you enjoy thats not over stimulating and just go with it, I generally pop on here or watch something vaguely interesting on TV. In an hour or two im ready for ZZZZ's.

Hooray! I did it. I figured it out even before reading your reply Timothius, really I did:D

Thanks for your help though. I think I'll hang out for a while :wink:

Ugh, I get insomnia every once in a while. Try to get a good sleeping schedule. Wake up at one hour every day and you'll go to sleep at the same hour - or so I've heard; I haven't tried it myself. :shrug:

Listen to the Killers. They put me right to sleep with their monotone vocals and boring music.

^Ooh I like the Killers except for a couple songs.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Tonight will try more liquor and drugs watching C-span in a bath that ought a do it:wink:

Sometimes I take melatonin. That usually puts me to sleep in about 30 minutes.

redkat said:
^ LOL that's funny

briarrose I took melatonin last night plus the 2 drinks:ohmy: It has worked for me in the past though.

How many did you take? I've been taking about 4. That's probably too many but sometimes I'm desparate.

No I only took 1 that's what the bottle said. Damn bottle:rant:

Try more tonight. If I need my stomach pumped after all this I'll let you know:wink:

redkat said:
No I only took 1 that's what the bottle said. Damn bottle:rant:

Try more tonight. If I need my stomach pumped after all this I'll let you know:wink:

As far as I know, melatonin isn't bad for you. I think it's supposed to be good for you. My sister in-law gives it to her kids so she can have some quiet time to herself. Not the most humane thing but it works for her.

Melatonin is good. No hang-over. :up:

I like Tylenol PM myself, it produces a nice relaxing feeling and no hangover. I alternate it with the melatonin so I don't develop a resistance to either.

timothius said:
Try the User CP tab up the top, it's in there.

I get Insomnia once a week or so :D... its great. I think just roll with it, I've always found I find it a lot easier if I go to sleep willingly rather than stressing over the fact that you can't go to sleep. Go and do somthing that you enjoy thats not over stimulating and just go with it, I generally pop on here or watch something vaguely interesting on TV. In an hour or two im ready for ZZZZ's.

This sometimes works for me. Or try reading a boring book.

Try walking around 6 or 7-exercising too late in the evening will keep you awake

Booze doesn't work, it's been proven that it interrupts your sleep. I drink alcohol free wine at night sometimes and that helps

Also sometimes I use an all natural herbal type pill called Calms-you can get it at a natural foods store. I tried Melatonin but I didn't like it, I'm sure it helps other people

belize-barbados-bhutan-bali.gif

Back
Top Bottom