Girls, would you agree with this statement (fact)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
..........that if a man doesnt shower, his natural odour is supposed to be a turn-on for women????? Come on, this is supposed to be Scientifical proof.!!!!!!!

eh????

Yes, my tauhts exactly, but heres the thang.......although two lads in our work stinky everyfeckinday...well, after I have stopped gaggin through frustration of their choking natural cologne called 'Sweat', once the office is half cleared, yes there is a wee sparky energy.........hmmmmmmmmmm

wonder if its an endorphin hormone releasin tingy.....?????

biggrin.gif

Hmmm.... well I gotta say, a lot of men just saturate themselves in aftershave/cologne which I hate. I prefer their natural smell.

Having said that though, please don't start skipping showers guys!!
biggrin.gif

So I'm not a girl, but hell, it's past 3am and I'm bored...so I'll respond.
biggrin.gif

I usually reserve cologne for special occasions...(dates or more...erm...intimate occasions
biggrin.gif
). I've been told that I smell pretty good, though...maybe it's the deoderant.
wink.gif

There are a couple guys at work who apparently don't believe in showering regularly, and I just don't see how anyone could find that aroma even the slightest bit appealing. When your body odor is still in the room 5 minutes after you've left...that's a BAD thing.

I am not a girl either. But, if you like a musky little odor. I should introduce you to my house mate, Jack. He bathes every second or third week.

LMFAO Maddie!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I have to say - no matter how cool or handsome a guy is, if he's stank -> no dice.

Bad smells are a serious pet peave of mine.
That is the quickest way to repel me!
wink.gif

------------------
I can scream as loud as your last one, but I can't claim innocence.

I know what you're talking about maddie. My ex used to say that if I could pick up a shirt he's worn all day, smell it, and not think it stinks, then we're truly in love. lol. erm ya.

But showers are a must and if the guy wears cologne, it drives me wild. Yummy.

Hello ladies, can I pipe in as a guy?

To be honest, Im kinda shocked that a shower per day is even an issue...I can't imagine not bathing every day!! Well, maybe camping, but even then a dip in the lake with a bar of Ivory will do in a pinch...:p

I've found that some women like deodorant, some like colognes, but by and large most just want any smells to be subtle, not overpowering. A light spray of a quality scent, not a bath in it. Some women preferred me after about an hour or two after a good shower, with nothing else on(especially clothes....
wink.gif
oops, gettin carried away here...lol..)...but then I've been told that I don't have any strong unpleasant B.O. even a long time after a shower so maybe that's just the way it goes..

But I mean, a guy has to know himself too and be concious of how he smells..I think refusing to bathe and stay clean is just plain inconsiderate...

Gabriel

LOL Sicy!!!!!! I bet u just stuck all the shirts in the wash!!!!

Gabriel u have just reminded me son..........aaaages ago, there used to be this vain poser in our work....Mr 'Wash-Every-Day-And-Night-To-Attract-The-Hot-Chicks'.......who used to work facing a largish lad who barely used deo.........one day in front of all the others in that room, he just pulled out a spray from his bag and handed it to the large fella, saying 'Here mate, u wanna try this?'

Now, forgive me if Im wrong, but when I told me, I found that it was rather rude of him, esp to do that to the fella in front of others.......

.....mind u it is hard to make a 'gentle suggestion', aint it????

there is one guy in our work, just doesnt eat, drinks beer all day everyday, smells awful.......and never cuts his hair, nor washes it nor nuttin......yet the car he drives could pull any chick!!! - unbelievable..........!!!!!!
eek.gif

jaysus, I dunno..........I feel like Im dying when standing next to him, and Ive seen clients he's been with gasping for air when leaving the office, completely relieved to be out!!!!!

eek.gif

Stale sweat on someone who hasn't bathed recently = bad.

New sweat on someone who is, say dancing, but has bathed prior to going out for the evening = okay.

Oh, and rumor has it that women love clothes that have a fresh, laundered, "Bounce" smell. Not that I would know, or anything.
tongue.gif

Yes that statement is correct, I like the smell of stinking almost rotten feet or the smell of hairy underarm that hasn't seen a molecule of deodorant in days because I especially like my stomach to twist and turn and my head to get dizzy.

Originally posted by mad1:
in front of all the others in that room, he just pulled out a spray from his bag and handed it to the large fella, saying 'Here mate, u wanna try this?'

That's definately NOT nice! The guy must have a friend in the place somewhere or someone he talks openly with, my tactic might have been, and again, only if it was so overbearing that I couldn't work around him, maybe to talk to his friend and ask if he or she could talk with him gently...but in front of co-workers?!? Now THATS inconsiderate!!

Gabriel

Any guy who wants to get with me must shower everday, brush his teeth and smell fine...

Body odour, oily hair and all that gross human crud is major chuck material.

fresh smelling men are the best- sorry but I dont go for the smelly kind of bloke and believe me here in Australia if you go to any pub in the afternoon you are sure to run into heaps of smelly labourers who have just finished work....I love guys who smell nice, the guy that I really like at the moment wears this unreal cologne that drives me insane
smile.gif

Just on the subject of scents, there was a study that was announced recently on a local radio station that said that one of the top natural smells that arouse a woman's sex drive is black licorice.

I got to thinking about this, I really like Bvlgari's stuff, especially Black, and its derived, from what Ive been told, from black licorice. I have to say, its a real magnet! Women just can't resist it! And here I thought it was my GQ looks..NOT!! LOL.. Guys reading in, get to either your nearest candy store or Bvlgari retailer! wink wink...LOL...

Gabriel

my husband smells really nice. it's his deodorant and aftershave (they're the same scent).
biggrin.gif

not overpowering and it smells really groovy.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

just thought i'd share.
biggrin.gif

------------------
i like the highlife and the lowlife. it's just the bit in between i find boring.
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

Immaculate hygiene is a must. Anything less is a deal-breaker.

However, don't even come near me with cologne, smelly aftershaves or strong-smelling commercial brand deodorants, soaps or detergents. All the chemicals give me a headache and gross me out. Must use the natural stuff, preferably unscented or lightly scented with natural essential oils. These are joyfulgirl's non-negotiable dating criteria.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom