Girls, how many of you would kiss on the first date?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Because I think I made a mistake by kissing Rebecca Friday night. She still called me, we're still talking, but I brought it up tonight, and she said it bothered her. The weird thing is it's totally abnormal for me to make any moves, let alone on the first date. So I don't know what to think.

------------------
"Shame on you! Ugly baby judges you!"

Aw man.

Well.. I dont know if you could call it a mistake.. I mean... I would probly kiss on the first date if I really liked the guy, but that's all I would do.

And some guys totally attack you on the first date if you kiss them and its like HELLO.. I didnt say you could fondle me!

You should probly talk about it with her and tell her you didnt mean any disrespect but that you really like her.

------------------
The wind will crack in winter time
No spoken words, just a scream

My Lair

well, maybe she's gay and just wants someone to hang out with

at least you didn't offer her money, she seems like a nice person, do what sicy says and do some ass-kissing (not literally) and make her feel comfortable again

Hmmm. I think it really depends on a lot of things. If you really like the person and she seems to really like you, then I don't think it would be too much of a problem.

In the only relationship I've ever been in (and am still in very happily) we kissed several times on the first date.. with tongue. It wasn't me being forward, or her.. it was just sort of mutual although I think we were both a little surprised. Truth be told, it was also pretty sloppy and bad, but I don't regret it at all. Then again, this is a sort of different situation because we both knew each other quite well going into the whole first date situation.

So all in all, it totally depends on the situation.. I think maybe it's best to just go with what feels right and not trick yourself out of it. After all, what other reason do we do things for than because 'it seemed like a good idea at the time'.

------------------
"Hold on to the corners of today, and we'll fold it up to save until it's needed."

I talked to her tonight, and she said it's OK and all. But I'm one of those people that when I know I screw up I really get hung up on it.

Well as long as you didn't ram your tongue down her throat!
wink.gif

A kiss on the cheek is nice, if things went well, and if things went really nicely, then a little smooch is fine...

Some people like to do more than that, ehem...

------------------
Such a nice day
Let it go...

You needn't worry about it, IMHO. See I would kiss a guy on the first date if I really like him. I would draw the line at the kissing, but kissing is ok if all went well. So as long as you didn't maul her or like make a play for the boobies, I think it'll be cool.

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

There's only room for one and here she comes, here she comes...

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
wink.gif

Funny you should mention that. I initiated the kiss, but the tongue came outta her mouth... Which boggles my mind. Perhaps she let herself go more than she normally would and is as uncomfortable with herself as I am?

Do you think she's embarrassed that she did that? Kind of interesting situation there...

------------------
Such a nice day
Let it go...

I think so. But at the same time I feel really bad because I've barely known her a a week and a half and I'm the one who started the whole thing

You know, you did what you thought was best. If that isn't good enough for her, then screw her. If she isn't mature enough to understand that life isn't all about perfection, then she isn't worth your time. People make mistakes, and if people are so fixated on that romanticized view of love, where every guy just dazzles the girl into some quasi-orgasmic euphoria, then they'll never find love. Maybe, honestly, the problem does not lie with you, but with her. Have you ever thought of it that way?

Either way, hang in there.
smile.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

When I was single, I'd kiss any man. Kissing is fun. Kissing is good. Nothing wrong with kissing. It should be the universal greeting.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
When I was single, I'd kiss any man. Kissing is fun. Kissing is good. Nothing wrong with kissing. It should be the universal greeting.

I had Monolucleosis in the 1st grade.

CK

I had Bononucleosis in the 7th grade.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

if i really liked the guy, and there is an instant connection between the myself and my date, hell yeah i would!!!

I always kissed on the first date...
but then 2 weeks later, I would always get the usual "so, when do you want to sleep together?" bit.

I guess kissing isn't just kissing anymore.

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Kissing is fun. Kissing is good. Nothing wrong with kissing.

Well, I was going to reply, but I think you've said it all, dear Bonochick.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

id never kiss anyone unless she is my cinnamon girl.

*now the third time a row listening to it.

i want to live with a cinnamon girl... see us together just in the moonlight, the cinnamon girl...the cinnamon girl... i dream her the pictures that run in the night, see us together in the moonlight, my cinnamon girl...
ok those words were wrong, who cares.

------------------
-deathbear

Kiss, kiss, kiss, there is absolutely nothing wrong with kissing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are no rules, just follow your heart and your heart obviously wants her. No harm done mate, no harm done at all. She proved herself to be the tonsil hocky captain. It's all good.

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
I always kissed on the first date...
but then 2 weeks later, I would always get the usual "so, when do you want to sleep together?" bit.
You're lucky. I tend to get that already on the first date. Which is why I rarely have more than one date. Why don't guys just get that? After having been turned down 50 times, you'd think they'd get the picture.

I never understood dating (must be someting american). If you wanna kiss, you kiss (provided she/he wants it too), don't need a third/second/first or whatever date to do that.......

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

Could girls PLEASE answer this:

A female friend of mine said that if as a male you go to kiss a girl after a date, and all you get is cheek, then she is not interested in anything romantic.

Is this correct?

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

I would definitely kiss on the first date if i was really into the guy, and had known him for awhile.
wink.gif

In your case, i think you should wait awhile tho.

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:

In your case, i think you should wait awhile tho.

It's too late for that now. But I've been talking to her today and things seem better than they have since we met.

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
wink.gif

A kiss on the cheek is nice, if things went well, and if things went really nicely, then a little smooch is fine...

Some people like to do more than that, ehem...

Lady Lemon-
Please.
Something tells me you'd be a real 'wild-child' on the first date.

Same w/you "Hello'isecretlydigscottstapp'Angel"
and Angel and Miss MacPhisto the whole lot of you..

Silly girls..who ya kiddin?

Your Daddy-
Db9

Aint nothin wrong with kissin' on the first date. I definately kiss someone if there's a connection. In fact, smooching is one of my favorite passtimes. HELL YES to Bonochick.

HOWEVER, as Sicy said, DON"T ATTACK US. It's important to give the girl a choice. Those are not good. Bad bad bad.

Back
Top Bottom