Girls (generally) are quite comfortable in doing this? what about guys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
I have felt comfortable sharing a bed with a friend........on several occasions in the past, be it no other bed or for warmth, or to share....whatever......

but how many guys out there have done this with their friend.......and if not, Im interested in why guys dont feel as comfortable sharing, even as friends, as girls do......

I feel very comfortable with it........even though one time her feet was up my honker...

so like...

have any guys done this?????

Im not implying anything sexual here by the way, even though it seems that way....its a question more of...........comfortable with the situation, or feeling more awkward......

ya get?

:hmm:

:D

I dont mind sharing a bed with another girl. No biggie.

I think guys have more of a problem with it though.

My spin on it.

I don't have a problem with it at all. My bed was in LA up until about 2 weeks ago so I did not have one and the girl whose house that I live in now was nice enough to let me sleep with her for about 2 months until I could go home and get mine.

I don't mind sleeping in the same bed with male friends either.

I think guys are by nature more phobic about these things. Beds to them have more of an intimate sexual nature associated with them I think. Think about the whole gay seat space that they put between them and another guy when they go to the movies. :eyebrow: :rolleyes:

I wouldn't feel comfortable with either a man or a woman in my bed (except for my girlfriend)

they all want me for my body

you mean men and women can sleep in the same bed???

those 50's sitcoms I've been watchign are awfully misleading

I've taken some trips with a bunch of guys in the past (Spring Break in college, and weekends away with the boys) where in order to save $$, 4 or more would cram into 1 hotel room. So guys obviously would share a bed. There is no problem with it as long as each guy doesn't cross that imaginary center line.
Just like Steve Martin and John Candy in "Planes, Trains and Automobiles".

I've never shared a bed with a female friend. :| I want my peace when I'm in bed; mostly, that is. :mac:

I grew up with only sister's, we shared a bed, no worries.
So the fact I have 3 sons,does make me ponder Q's like this at times...thanks maddie. They all have their own room at home, be they ever so small.

My eldest is the "sensible one" with his group of mates. They stay in beach houses sometimes with so many people in one tiny house, they are either sharing beds or taking turns to sleep. As my eldest is the the most sober, he's usually the one that misses out on a bed. The other's just 'die" in the nearest bed,whether it is allocated theirs or not. So I think he often has to curl up next to someone. I always pack sunscreen, plenty of food and condoms for them.
Not for his 20th birthday though, I was very pleased about this stoke of luck, someone up there likes him. For his twenty birthday recently, they got a suite on the 17th floor of the Novotel at Surfer's Paradise for $50.( a friend of a friend) They crammed about 20 people into those rooms......oh dear..do i want to know?
Be safe.

I have no problem sharing a bed with another girl (well, unless she kept on hitting me in her sleep or something). In high school I went on some trips with the band, and there would be 4 people and 2 beds per room. The girls never had a problem sleeping 2 to a bed, but every guy I talked to said that they worked out a system where they'd switch off which 2 guys got the beds and which 2 got the floor. I don't understand what the big deal is- they were fairly large beds!

Giant Lemon said:
every guy I talked to said that they worked out a system where they'd switch off which 2 guys got the beds and which 2 got the floor. I don't understand what the big deal is- they were fairly large beds!

must be a guy thing.... :eyebrow:

It's deeply ingrained in the male psyche that, while I'm definitely not gay, my friend may secretly be, and he'll use this opportunity to ass-rape me, since every gay man will have sex with any other man he can find. Even if he's not gay, word could possibly get out that we slept in the same bed together, and that would make everyone think we're gay, and that's almost as bad.

See also urinal ettiquette.

Also, if girls do it, there's a chance they'll start making out, since, you know, all girls are only a few drinks away from being bi, and chicks making out is always hot.

Not George Lucas said:
Erm, I'm illustrating the typical guy mentality that most guys are fed since birth and few overcome.

Well, somehow it didn't seem that way..I guess it just got lost somewhere in the translation :shrug: Maybe if you had been a bit more clear in your post..these things don't translate well over the Net.

I guess just seeing these sorts of stereotypes here, sometimes often, it's kind of easy to interpret it that way. Sorry if I misinterpreted it.

uhh..

Hmm.. I'm a girl and I don't like sharing beds with other girls. I wouldn't mind sharing a bed with my guy friends, though. I just get along better with guys I guess :shrug: :coocoo:

My buddies always sleep on the damn couch:angry:

If a girl sleeps over , I always encourage her to keep a sheet in between us..:sexywink:
If she wants to remove that sheet it is her perogative.

diamond
:dance:

Last edited:
I don't mind sharing a bed with a girl...I slept with my sister until I moved out at 17. When I go away on a girl's weekend, we always double up in hotel rooms to save money and that means sleeping 2 to a bed. Not a problem. But contrary to male wishful thinking, we always wear clothes and we've never made out.

Guys are SO weird about same sex bed sharing. They're afraid their man parts might accidentally touch and make them gay :lmao:

Bono's American Wife said:

Guys are SO weird about same sex bed sharing. They're afraid their man parts might accidentally touch and make them gay :lmao:

Umm.
Plez dont make lite of our sexiness:sexywink:
thank u
dB9
:dance:

I don't care. When our team goes on travel meets we are always 4 to a room. It's cheaper. And when my sisters are afraid of something or upset or whatever they sometimes come and sleep with me. It doesn't bother me at all except for the fact that I have to concentrate on not kicking people while I am asleep which is not cool! :D

I have no problem sharing a bed with a girl.

I'd be a little more uncomfortable about sharing a bed with a guy tho, I don't think I'd do that, but I wouldn't have a problem sharing a room with a guy if he was a friend that I trusted.

I've shared beds with other girls on many occasions, it doesn't bother me at all. Then afterwards we always like to joke around and say "yep, I slept with so and so". When I was in high school and we went on a trip to las vegas in band there were four people to a room so that meant doubling up in beds. Some guys seemed okay with it and other's slept on the floor or whatnot.
Guys can be so weird about certain things. They always think that people are going to think they're gay or something (or maybe that they'll turn gay?). Guys can never say that another man is attractive and girls can say that another girl is pretty without a second thought. I don't think I'll ever understand guys.

Back
Top Bottom