Girls gather round, cram in, I would like your advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
So I havent had my hair cut since....... :uhoh: Febuary??

And since then the blonde colour it was dyed is long gone - its brown again and its all frizzy and curly/ wavy and out of control.

I want to get my hair cut again but the internet isnt helping all the pictures I see are of old fashioned hair cuts my Granny would get.

I was looking for someones opinion on what they think might suit - I suited the blonde highlights but I seen pictures last night and I was blonde blonde :crazy: this time round I think I might get thinner highlights or dark red hightlights??

Then Id like something different in the style of it at the moment its just lifeless. I need something manageable because my hair is wavy but the shorter it is the curlier it gets and its not one of those lovely curly heads of hair you see people with its one that gets tangled and stands about a foot away from your head and its frizzy especaiily when it rains :tsk:

Or even if you could point me in the direction of trendy hair peoples websites - I am not trendy and clearly dont know where to look :shrug:

yeh ive been planning to get mine cut since September now - my mum wants to take me to this fancy one too I think they give you ADVICE not like the other place I go to - they ask you what you want everytime I tell them lots of layer , choppy, coloured this way, im really specific about what I want but I always al for something different.

I always get the same haircut - one length, same colour, straight - no life to it at all - my sister would ask for a different haircut and she gets the same one as me - we look like clones :crack:

I am useless when it comes to hair. I have very long, VERY curly, VERY thick hair. I can't have it any other style than long. I've got in a kind of scoop, so it's longer at the back than round the front, but that's about it. So I have no knowledge of styles and stuff

Having said that.....how about one of those sideways fringes that are fashionable at the mo - you know, like Catherine Z-J has got, and several other people whose names escape me.....

:der: I'm no use whatsoever

I dont want another fringe I had one until I was 14 :shudder: I still have nightmares about it, one time my dad tried to cut it and it was in my eyes at one side and at my scalp at the other - there was about a 3 inch length difference between one side and the other

If I had a fringe it would look like a brillo pad stuck to my forehead. :|

I had one years ago when I was 10. My mum cut it for me, but she cut it when it was wet - she pulled the hair down and trimmed it along the line of my eyebrows. When it dried the curls all bunched up and the 'fringe' becamse a little line of curls along my hair line. :|

What a nightmare

At least it was all the one length bammo :lmao: I was such a troubled child. My granny was a hairdresser and when I was 4 I had long enough hair my mum gets it cut into a bob but my granny decided to cut the rest of it off and made it REALLY short I looked like a boy - I cried for about a week. My brother had longer hair than me he looked like a throwback from the 70's with hair past his ears - i was practically bald.

i'd help you out, but i suck at this stuff. i get a haircut every few months, and when it gets cut, i leave with most of it remaining on the barbershop floor :shrug: long hair is a bitch to deal with.

:eyebrow: one advice, don't let ur dad cut ur hair! lol! ok, or ur mom! Ok, it's really not funny-I too,(what r us curly folks the majority here?)
:( i always have to cut mine short-it gets curlier Longer that it gets! Just find a really good hair-stylist-then Never let that person go! Good luck-hope I was some help!

I pay at the most ?30 on a haircut

Which is not 100$

My hair is more wavy than anything else but if it was short short it would be curly the length adds weight to it keeps it straighter - and ceramic straightners make it lovely and straight :up: when i could be bothered using them

You can see my hair on this photo

http://forum.interference.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=1003493

it is hellish. If I don't spend ages sorting it out every morning it points out in all directions. When I plait my hair the plait is about as wide as my wrist. I wish I had nice normal hair :|

edited to say - sorry about the poncey arty photo - it was the only one i had to hand. It was taken when my friend was studying for photography and he had to practise studio shots - I was a 'model' ( :eyebrow: ) for the day.........:lol:

Last edited:
How long is your hair now? Picture!!!!!! :mad: ;)

Oh, and bammo, from the pictures of you in the picture thread from a while back, you have SUCH cool hair. I want it. :angry:

My hair is completely lifeless, and I've just given up on trying to make it have any style. It doesn't hold curl AT ALL, it's completely straight, fine, and boring. I have to have bangs because I have a big forehead and my face looks round without them. I look about 20lbs heavier than I really am in pictures where all you can see is my face. :down: I used to have short hair, but it's too much effort for me: 30 minutes with a hair drier and then another 30 minutes with a curling iron (or two depending on how short/layered my hair is) and unbelievable amount of product, all just to have it fall flat again as soon as I walk out the door. :crack: So now I just have long, one-length boring hair and no idea of fun styles/up-dos I can do with it. :slant: I've become obsessed with keeping it healthy, though, which gives me something to other than cutting/dying it. :reject:

Is this only for girls?

I would like if you kept your hair blonde. But I do not think a change is bad or anything; just leave it long, do not cut it off!

Regarding your question, recently Princess has changed the colour of her hair. She was blonde, now she?s chestnut brown. i don?t know if hat?s the trend in NY, but I know she?s setting trends up. So you might check out pictures at

http://www.princesssuperstar.com/photos/2002/dew.shtml

(before) and

http://www.princesssuperstar.com/photos/2003/newhair.shtml

(after)

Whats bangs?? I thought hair was bangs now im all confused. Its not blonde now its brown

Princess' hair is longer than mine and more blonde :hmm:

^ very true. a good hair dresser will ask you questions about the texture of your hair, what products you normally use, and how you fix it before they start snipping.

lara, the best thing for you to do would be to go into a nice salon/spa and tell the stylist that you need a new look and you don't care what he or she does to it as long as yadda yadda yadda. a good stylist will be able to look at your hair and face shape objectively and tell you what kinds of cuts will make you look your best.

this may sound really snobby, but when i want a new haircut, i only go to aveda spas because i know the people working there have had a LOT more training and continuing education than any of the stylists working at other places near me. then when i just need a trim to keep the cut's shape, i go somewhere that's considerably cheaper.

oh, and "bangs" refers to the hair that some people have framing their eyes. think chrissie hynde. ha!

a fringe!!!! oh right I always thought bangs was a mad word for hair :lmao:

We dont have spas here i dont think :der: I need to go to the fancy hairdressers sure its ben forever since I had my haircut

[confession] one night a few months ago my sister asked me to cut her hair I tried and well uhm it was different lengths she went ot he hairdressers and the hairdresser said "Well your hair is completely different lengths who cuts your hair normally" My sister: :eek:

When she got home: :angry: Laura my hair was 5 inches longer on one side than the other

[/confession]

:reject:

I haven't had my hair cut in nearly a year. :reject: People are always commenting on how long my hair is, and really it's only because I'm too lazy to decide on a hairstyle and go to the hairdresser, so I just leave it to grow and grow and grow. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom