Girls, can we talk about hair removal products?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Butterscotch

War Child
I hope this isn't too personal but I've never seen it discussed online before. What do you prefer, shaving or removal creme, and which products work best for you?

I hate to sound like a commercial but I just discovered Veet foam gel. It comes with a bladeless razor thing. You put it on for 3 minutes and scrape it off like you were shaving. Works much better than shaving or Nair and a cloth, IMO.

Yeah, it is good for some areas on me. Unfortunately I have horrendously sensitive skin in other certain areas and my only option has been permanent hair removal. Shaving, waxing and veet etc all left me with horrendous ingrown hairs and nasty sores :( I'm halfway through my hair removal treatment and am absolutely thrilled with the results!! I'm doing Bikini line and underarms :drool:

You could not PAY me to discuss hair removal around here.

:uhoh:

(But that Veet stuff ... does it smell nasty like Nair does?)

I have been wanting to try out the Veet. Nair has the most awful smell ever!

For shaving cream I love Aveeno :drool: They have the kind that is a hair minimizer which leaves your legs really smooth and helps you to shave less often.

You wanna know how we dudes do it?

nose%20trimmer.jpg

I hate Nair and those sorts of things. And it doesn't really work in certain areas anyway. For shaving my legs I just use my bar soap and a disposable Venus. The rest doesn't need to be discussed in public!

Veet smells too. :| We used that when the kid first started shaving. It seemed to work well, but of course you'd always miss a spot or section. But then she used the razor and never went back.

Little tip: Use conditioner to shave with. It seems to do pretty well.

As for me... I'm a fan of the Gillette Venus (I tried the Schick Quattro once and it suuuuuucked) but I still hate shaving because it takes so damn long, and you have to do it so damn often.

I've been thinking about trying Veet, but I want to know what everyone else wants to know: Does it stink and does it burn? Because I tried Nair back in the day, and it smelled nasty and burned my skin.

I use the Venus with the built-in shaving cream gel stripes for shaving my legs.

Everything else is waxed off.

I have had sooo much trouble with this topic for so long. My friend and I were discussing this and we went and bought some of that Nair foaming gel shit or whatever. It did not work. Well, it works on patches, but leaves hair in other patches. It's altogether weird. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but I've done it numerous times. And so I have tried Veet, the kind with the little razor shaped scraper. It didn't do much for me.

SO I bought a homemade waxing kit. It doesn't have the strips. You just peel off the wax once it's slightly hardened. It worked somewhat, but the hair has to be JUST the right length. And I won't even get into the trouble I had with it in other areas. :censored: SO much trouble! :mad: :sad:

I want to get waxed, but for me the issue is money and also finding someplace around where I live that does it. I would honestly love to find a better solution than shaving, which I hate because it bothers me to do it EVERY day and if I don't, I get bumps and shit. It's just bleh!

pluck eyebrows, shave pits and legs(not as often as I should) :reject:. Nair or Veet for special occassions :wink:. . . . and nothing for the 'tache, I'm blonde and in denial.

and that's more about me than even my Mother knows. . . .

Nair and Veet are great and don't smell too bad. They leave you silky smooth but you have to use it properly. Shaving leaves you dry and stubbly the next day. Waxing hurts too much and my sensitive skin reacts badly.

I sometimes wish it was the 70's so we could all be unashamedly hairy :crazy:

I don't go that often. I pluck mine for about 5-6 weeks in between threading sessions because once the eyebrows are shaped, you can maintain it yourself.

^ would like to know too :reject:
pluck eyebrows, shave pits and legs(not as often as I should) :reject:. Nair or Veet for special occassions :wink:. . . . and nothing for the 'tache, I'm blonde and in denial.

and that's more about me than even my Mother knows. . . .

Nair and Veet are great and don't smell too bad. They leave you silky smooth but you have to use it properly. Shaving leaves you dry and stubbly the next day. Waxing hurts too much and my sensitive skin reacts badly.

I sometimes wish it was the 70's so we could all be unashamedly hairy :crazy:
Another alternative to waxing, but which can be hard to find, is sugaring. It's like waxing but using a sugar/lemon solution, 1000s of years old and from the Middle East, it's finding someone who does it which is a pain. :mad: But it doesn't hurt like waxing does.

Back
Top Bottom