girl scout cookies!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is your favorite?

• Thin Mints

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Carmel DeLites

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Peanut Butter Patties

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Lemon Pastry Creames

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Shortbread

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
I voted for thin mints. ALl we have here in Canada (that I've seen) are the mints/vanilla chocolate cookies...

It's too bad. I'd love to try the peanut butter ones

carmel delites. or samoas as they were called in my brownie days.

:drool:

omg i want one now.

i think i have frozen thin mints in my freezer.

Thin Mints rule! But I also love the lemon cream ones and the shortbread.

I was a Girl Scout pretty much all the way through school - including high school. I loved Scouting but I hated selling the cookies. I just hate selling things in general. What makes me mad is whenever I'm approached about buying cookies now that I'm an adult it's always by some mom who brings the order form to work or someplace like that. When I was in Scouts I was told you weren't supposed to do that - you were supposed to do the selling yourself. But I always buy anyway because of all my good memories of Scouting (aside from having to sell the cookies).

Last edited:
Screaming Flower said:
carmel delites. or samoas as they were called in my brownie days.

omg i want one now.

i think i have frozen thin mints in my freezer.

They're still samoas, aren't they? They were three years ago...

Bono's shades said:
Thin Mints rule! But I also love the lemon cream ones and the shortbread.

I was a Girl Scout pretty much all the way through school - including high school. I loved Scouting but I hated selling the cookies. I just hate selling things in general. What makes me mad is whenever I'm approached about buying cookies now that I'm an adult it's always by some mom who brings the order form to work or someplace like that. When I was in Scouts I was told you weren't supposed to do that - you were supposed to do the selling yourself. But I always buy anyway because of all my good memories of Scouting (aside from having to sell the cookies).

:yes: I hating selling them too...I just liked to go on trips! :lol:

Caramel Delites :drool:

I :heart: Girl Scout cookies even though they're pretty expensive. I was a girl scout in elementary school, so I like to buy a box or two whenever I see girls selling them.

Oy. Is it that time of year again? :tongue: Just as someone mentioned, a mom or two will walk down the hall at work and catch everybody.

I'd prefer to buy from an actual Girl Scout than a mom. The funds, after all, are supposed to benefit Girl Scouts. I don't know if it's the best idea to hit up everyone at work. In any event, I'll buy some from the moms anyway. :shrug:

One of the reasons I buy the cookies is that I do some fundraising every once in a great while, so I'm sympathetic to the cause.

The other reason is that I love Thin Mints. :|

Caramel Delites...:drool:

Back where I used to work, my co-worker brought in an order form because her daughter is a Girl Scout. Another co-worker bought 30 boxes of Caramel Delites...he freezes them so he can munch on them throughout the year.

i voted for other. i tend to eat a couple of something with no nuts. i was a girl scout for many a year, but never could eat the cookies. :sad:

anyway, as for the caramel :wink: delites vs. samoas, here's the thing. years ago, most cookies had lots of nicknames. samoas, tagalongs, etc. the only ones i can think of with a normal name is thin mints.

two companies bake cookies for the girl scouts. for some reason, it appears one calls them the normal names (peanut butter patties, caramel delites, etc.), while the other calls them the nicknames (tagalongs, samoas, etc.). i don't know why, neither site nor the girl scout site explains this. so, when you look on the box, look at how it's labelled and you'll know which one it came from! :wink:

i do know i sold a ton of cookies when i was a brownie! i sold hundreds a year. :D

EDIT: typo.

Last edited:
I just bought some girl scout cookies last week :laugh:

I bought Thin Mints and Peanut Butter

right now I'd have to say the Thin Mints are my favorite :drool:

Back
Top Bottom