"Gimme Sympathy" CSGWs! (Creepers Unite Edition)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do!

Look what I have to do:
1. Read a 300 page thesis/dissertation and analyze it "in depth" in no less than 10 pages. Explain what I'd do different and all that.
2. Read 14 chapters from a textbook and pick 10, and answer the 10 questions at the end of each chapter.
3. Read 25 pages from textbook 2.

:crack:

All due tomorrow :yippie:

:happy:

I have a motherload of studying to do for 6 exams :(

Okay that is really just crazy...like seriously crazy

True That :lol:

Yeah, I mean, the students were not behaving correctly either, some threw bottles at the police, but still. I don't think anybody deserves the treatment they got last night, regardless of what they did.

It would be a fairer comparison if you put it up against their earlier albums. :wink:

I do!

Look what I have to do:
1. Read a 300 page thesis/dissertation and analyze it "in depth" in no less than 10 pages. Explain what I'd do different and all that.
2. Read 14 chapters from a textbook and pick 10, and answer the 10 questions at the end of each chapter.

:shocked: Please tell me you have some of that started already...otherwise, :hug: :hug: :hug:

i have about 2% of that done. I'm just finishing up coffee and having something to eat, then will workout, shower and tackle this.

I do!

Look what I have to do:

Zee...I don't know what to say that's just all insane

Yeah, I mean, the students were not behaving correctly either, some threw bottles at the police, but still. I don't think anybody deserves the treatment they got last night, regardless of what they did.

It would be a fairer comparison if you put it up against their earlier albums. :wink:

Yeah that seems really just out of line I mean the students couldn't have done anything that bad to deserve it

Well this is my first IRS years REM album although I have the 2 disc best of, I think I'm more a fan of their early stuff in general. Seeing as of the 5 major label releases I have I only really love one of them, and kinda like any other one :lol:

i have about 2% of that done. I'm just finishing up coffee and having something to eat, then will workout, shower and tackle this.

Then :hug: :hug: is in order. Seriously, that's crazy...and I'm fairly sure humanly impossible to finish, though, I'm sure you'll find a way. :up:

Yeah that seems really just out of line I mean the students couldn't have done anything that bad to deserve it

Well this is my first IRS years REM album although I have the 2 disc best of, I think I'm more a fan of their early stuff in general. Seeing as of the 5 major label releases I have I only really love one of them, and kinda like any other one :lol:

You haven't heard Murmur or Lifes Rich Pageant or Reckoning???? :ohmy: John, you need to get on that if you haven't...like RIGHT NOW! :lol:

Zee...I don't know what to say that's just all insane

Yep it is. Don't you remember the stuff I had to do during my final exams week a couple months ago? :crack:

Then :hug: :hug: is in order. Seriously, that's crazy...and I'm fairly sure humanly impossible to finish, though, I'm sure you'll find a way. :up:

Yes... It is. No sleep and maybe not going to my earlier class tomorrow.... to get all this done. And when i mean done, I mean done WELL. :gritsteeth:

I will, eventually! Eventually I will do everything...eventually...not enough hours in the day Cassie :wink:

:lol: At the very least, Murmur needs to jump to the front of your listening list. Seriously.

Yes... It is. No sleep and maybe not going to my earlier class tomorrow.... to get all this done. And when i mean done, I mean done WELL. :gritsteeth:

:( That's no fun at all...good luck with it all. I'm sure you'll do wonderfully, even if it means getting no sleep. :lol:

I've heard five songs from Murmur and a live version of another song, so I've heard like half the album already Cassie :wink:

:tsk: That doesn't count. Albums are meant to be heard as albums, you know. :wink: And, Lifes Rich Pageant! It's probably my favorite R.E.M. album, so you should get on that one quick too. :lol:

:tsk: That doesn't count. Albums are meant to be heard as albums, you know. :wink: And, Lifes Rich Pageant! It's probably my favorite R.E.M. album, so you should get on that one quick too. :lol:

But I have the first four songs from that album, a demo of the fifth, song 8 too, a live version of 11 and I have 12 too. I pretty much have that album :wink:

But I have the first four songs from that album, a demo of the fifth, song 8 too, a live version of 11 and I have 12 too. I pretty much have that album :wink:

Demos and live tracks so don't count towards your songs from the album. :lol:

So yeah, I'm not really in this forum ever, but I saw "Gimme Sympathy" as part of the thread title and went :ohmy:

I've been watching that video for the last month now! Excellent.

Only if you're being technical about it, point is I've heard most of the songs in one form or another :wink:

:lol: I suppose. But, you still haven't heard them in their proper format and order, as they were on the album. :wink:

So yeah, I'm not really in this forum ever, but I saw "Gimme Sympathy" as part of the thread title and went :ohmy:

I've been watching that video for the last month now! Excellent.

:wave:

:hi5: I keep hearing good things about Metric, do you have a suggestion on where to start? I know they've got a new album...:hmm:

:lol: I suppose. But, you still haven't heard them in their proper format and order, as they were on the album. :wink:

:hi5: I keep hearing good things about Metric, do you have a suggestion on where to start? I know they've got a new album...:hmm:

Eh...I'm a relative newbie, too. 1077 The End here in Seattle has kept playing "Help I'm Alive" from their new album Fantasies which got me looking. I like the single edit of that song better then the album version. Also, Emily Haines (the lead singer) put out a solo album which is less poppy but, from what I've heard, is really good.

Maybe R.E.M got the order wrong in the first place :wink:

Their new album is pretty good Cassie you should check it out

Eh...I'm a relative newbie, too. 1077 The End here in Seattle has kept playing "Help I'm Alive" from their new album Fantasies which got me looking. I like the single edit of that song better then the album version. Also, Emily Haines (the lead singer) put out a solo album which is less poppy but, from what I've heard, is really good.

:up: I'll check out their new one then.

Maybe R.E.M got the order wrong in the first place :wink:

Their new album is pretty good Cassie you should check it out

You're not going to concede this point, are you? :wink:

Maybe when I have time to torrent another REM album or I see one of the early ones on sale :wink:

Cassie did I tell you I apparently listen to the same radio station as the Edge? :lol:

:lol: No, you didn't. Does that mean it's a super awesome station? :wink:

:lol: No, you didn't. Does that mean it's a super awesome station? :wink:

Well this is the current playlist
# 202s - Shoot You Down***
# The Airborne Toxic Event - Gasoline
# Alphastates - Champagne Glass***
# Bat For Lashes - Daniel
# Bell X-1 - The Ribs Of A Broken Umbrella***
# Camera Obscura - French Navy
# The Chapters - Videotape***
# Cowboy X - Break Me***
# Dark Room Notes - Let's Light Fires***
# Death Cab For Cutie - I Was Once A Loyal Lover
# Depeche Mode - Wrong
# Dinosaur Pile-Up - Traynor
# Director - Sing It Without A Tune***
# Doves - The Outsiders
# Empire Of The Sun - We Are The People
# The Enemy - No Time For Tears
# Fight Like Apes - Something Global***
# Franz Ferdinand - No You Girls
# The Gaslight Anthem - Great Expectations
# Green Day - Know Your Enemy
# Gomez - Airstream Driver
# Hockey - Too Fake
# Imelda May - Johnny Got A Boom Boom***
# Kasabian - Vlad The Impaler
# The MAccabees - Love You Better
# Marmaduke Duke - Rubber Lovers
# Maximo Park - The Kids Are Sick Again
# Metric - Help I'm Alive
# Morrissey - Something Is Squeezing My Skull
# New Amusement - Jamboree***
# Phoenix - 1901
# Silversun Pickups - There's No Secrets This Year
# Super Furry Animals - Inaugural Trams
# Superjimenez - Hear You Now***
# Two Door Cinema Club - Something Good Can Work***
# U2 - Magnificent***
# The View - Temptation Dice
# The Virgins - Rich Girls
# The Von Bondies - Pale Bride
# White Lies - Farewell To The Fairground
# Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero
# Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll

So it's kinda good

And this is Jim Carroll's playlist from last Tuesday

White Rabbits “Percussion Gun” (TBD)
Humanzi “Bass Balls” (Self release)
Baddies “Holler for My Holiday” (Medical)
The Horrors “Do You Remember” (XL)
Magistrates “Heartbreak” (XL)
Tidal District “Don’t Turn Your Back On The Bear” (Quiet Guy)
The Love Language “Lalita” (Bladen County)
Dirty Projectors “Remade Horizon” (Domino)
Sonic Youth “Sacred Trixter” (Matador)
Abe Vigoda “Don’t Lie” (Post Present Medium)
Tweak Bird “Shivers” (Volcom)
Yes Giantess “You Were Young” (Neon Gold)
New Look “Function of Your Love” (Self release)
The Hood Internet “Good Ol’ Fashioned Rump Shaker” (Hood Internet)
Major Lazer “Hold the Line” (Mad Decent)
Amanda Black “Might Like You Better” (Downtown)
TV On The Radio “Stork & Owl (Gang Gang Dance remix)” (4AD)
DJ Mujava “Township Funk” (Warp)
Lemonade “Big Weekend” (True Panther)
The Juan Maclean “The Future Will Come” (DFA)
Here We Go Magic “I Just Want To See You” (Western Vinyl)
Hunter-Gatherer “You’re Dead After School” (Self release)
Trihornphone “Warp & Woof” (IMC)
Adrian Crowley “The Three Sisters” (Tin Angel)
Grizzly Bear “Two Weeks” (Warp)
The XX “Crystalised” (Young Turks)
DM Stith “Pigs” (Asthmatic Kitty)
DJ Shadow “What Does You Soul Look Like?” (Mo Wax)
Billie Holiday “God Bless the Child” (Okeh)

He's like pitchfork, I'd trust his musical opinion on anything that isn't U2 :wink:

:laugh: I was going to say that I liked the second playlist a lot more...and then I saw your Pitchfork comment. :wink:

As bad as Pitchfork can be, I really do agree with their musical opinions most of the time...it's too bad. It makes me feel like a super-indie snob. :lol:

:laugh: I was going to say that I liked the second playlist a lot more...and then I saw your Pitchfork comment. :wink:

As bad as Pitchfork can be, I really do agree with their musical opinions most of the time...it's too bad. It makes me feel like a super-indie snob. :lol:

Yeah Jim Carroll is good, he does my favourite music blog that I love reading unless he bitches about u2 then he annoys me, but his playlist are great he has a weekly show so when I catch it I really enjoy it. Either way Edge has better taste in radio than Bono

Yeah Jim Carroll is good, he does my favourite music blog that I love reading unless he bitches about u2 then he annoys me, but his playlist are great he has a weekly show so when I catch it I really enjoy it. Either way Edge has better taste in radio than Bono

:lol: What's his blog? And, what station does Bono listen to, or do I want to know? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom