Gimme some ----------->

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghetofabu

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
of your favorite quotes.

Here are some of mine:

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
Douglas Adams

"Life is wasted on the living."
Douglas Adams

When we hold each other, in the darkness, it doesn't make the darkness go away. The bad things are still out there. The nightmares still walking. When we hold each other we feel not safe, but better. 'It's all right' we whisper, 'I'm here, I love you.' and we lie: 'I'll never leave you.' For just a moment or two the darkness doesn't seem so bad.
Neil Gaiman

I hit him to get his attention. I shot him to calm him down. I killed him to reason with him.
Henry Rollins, In Death

Nothing brings people together more, than mutual hatred.
Henry Rollins, In Hate

Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.
Henry Rollins, In Philosophy

It is sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew.
Henry Rollins, In Friendship

"Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."
Macbeth- (Act V, Scene V).

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly.
-Bono

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Ana:
All I know is that I know nothing- Plato or Socrates? Anyone? *hides*

Socrates

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

I was looking for a job and then I found a job. Heaven knows I'm miserable now. -Morrissey (The Smiths)

heres a few of mine
In the Kamigata area they have a sort of tiered lunch box they use for a single day when flower viewing. Upon returning, they throw them away, trampling them underfoot. As might be expected, this is one of my recollections of the capital [Kyoto]. The end is important in all things.
-from the book Hagakure:The Book of the Samuri by Yamaoto Tsunetomo

"When asked by one what was the TRUE way to enlightenment, the Buddha replied, "Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman."

"I don't believe in hitting my kids. I find that waving my gun around pretty much does the trick." -- Denis Leary

"sanity is for the weak"

"its like a flash back, so shake ur ass crack"
-del of the gorillaz on the track "rock the house"

You're always hearing something/Until silence interrupts it /Like dinosaur burps -- sifl

"im am a optimistic pessimist...i always see the glass as half full, but where the hell is the other half!!"
-joe

It is good to carry some powdered rouge in one's sleeve. It may happen that when one is sobering up or waking from sleep, his complexion may be poor. At such a time it is good to take out and apply some powdered rouge. -from the book "hagakure:the book of the samurai" by yamamoto tsunetomo

It is said that what is called "the spirit of an age' ' is seine- thing to which one cannot return. That this spirit gradually dissipates is due to the world's coming to an end. In the same way, a single year does not have just spring or summer. A single day, too, is the same.
For this reason, although one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. This is the mistake of people who are attached to past generations. They have no understanding of this point.
-from the book Hagakure:The Book of the Samuri by Yamaoto Tsunetomo

"Being a man has nothing to do with fighting, you?re getting masculinity mixed up with moronity or something." - 2D

"We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves."
-Dream from the Sandman Series.

"Me? Lady I'm your worst nightmare --- a pumpkin with a gun"
-Mervyn Pumpkinhead from the Dreaming

"I like airplanes. I like anywhere that isn't a proper place. I like in-betweens"
-Delirium from the Sandman

Back
Top Bottom