Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't miss this fantastic show. Who caught last night's episode? Have you recovered yet? And fantastic of them to throw in another U2 reference. Bono just really needs to guest on that show, maybe he could give a speech at Rory's graduation from Yale in two years.

Are you serious????:scratch:

I find this to be the most pathetic piece of dribble to come along onto television since Full House. Are the women on this show given speed or something? why do they talk at 1000 miles an hour...........maybe I shouldnt of posted in here, but I really cant stand this show:barf:

I really like the show. It is very ironic how different the relationships are between Rory and Lorelai, and Lorelai and her own mother.

I also like to watch the OC, which is odd considering my age.

It's the one show that I watch with both my wife and my daughter. It's our family show. :)

Yep, it's been a while since the last U2 reference. They were coming weekly for a while back in 2002 or so.

Love the show - also love the OC (I'm 27) a friend and I were discussing this yesterday - We have the TV viewing habits of a teenager :)

Actually both shows are very intelligent and can appeal to a large range of viewers. I was overly excited for another u2 reference

I love the Gilmore Girls. :) I missed a lot of last season due to scheduling conflicts, but I've started watching again and I'm becoming as addicted to it as Lorelai is to her coffee!

I've been told I talk really fast too, especially on the phone.

I stopped watching for a while but got back into it recently. It's actually a really good show about the class system and bucking the trend. Plus, I think the Emily/Lorelai relationship is one of the most intriguing mother/daughter relationships on TV in a long time.

girlwcrimsonnls said:
Just curious...what was the reference, I mean why were they always bringing them up? lol

The reference from last night is Luke asked Lorelei which '80s CDs he needed and the first one he mentioned was U2 and Lorelei said Bono was a must.

A few seasons ago, Lorelei and Rory spent extra time in Europe so they could hang out at The Clarence. And when Lane formed a band, Lorelei let her use their phone number in an ad because if Lane became famous, she could introduce Lorelei to Bono.

I know there's been more, but those are the ones I could come up with off the top of my head.

My brother thinks the show is completely unrealistic, saying the dialog is akin to that PhD-level banter they had on "Dawson's Creek" but I completely disagree. Every Wednesday we have a post-GG e-mail session at work and we all get it, talk that fast, drop that many pop culture references and so on.

dsmith2904 said:

My brother thinks the show is completely unrealistic, saying the dialog is akin to that PhD-level banter they had on "Dawson's Creek" but I completely disagree.

I'll agree with you here....Dawson's Creek used words that I had never heard of, and more often than not, I found myself getting lost in the dialogues. Gilmore Girls doesn't use the big words, but drops in pop culture references that most people should get. Naming off Bono and Bowie, or Kafka and Henry James, I Love Lucy and Laverne and Shirley...all things that really, you'd come to expect from a Yalie and someone who grew up in the 70s...A lot of this is stuff my own friends would bring up.

For my younger sister, I'd rather have her watching this than say, 90210, as I did at that age, or soap operas, or Dawson's Crrek and One Tree Hill. If Rory reading Daisy Miller makes my sister want to pick up a novel, then, hey..go for it.

Back
Top Bottom