Giggleswick Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I use barbecue sauce.

Because barbecue sauce is made of SuperWin and goes with just about everything. :up:

you have bbq sauce on your savories? is that whle you watch home and away and hold hands with ian and fight over which is cooler 95 photos of planes or spending 9 hours taking photos of trains?

i have my big biatch pants on tonite.

The Sad Punk said:

You know me too well. :lol:

Nah it was with an African guy that lives near me. We were talking on the bus and he asked me out. It was cute and I couldn't say no, so after we had both finished tafe we had a few beers and talked and kissed and such. Unfortunately it had to be cut short 'cause I need to wake up early tomorrow, as my sister's arriving from the UK at 9am.

So he didn't look anything like this, I'm guessing?:

300leonidas.jpg

What about this?

A001315.jpg

i can only get to 46263383 now. i dunno if that calls for a :sad: or a :thankgod:

also i learned it typing into a keypad so it's hard to type ona laptop. there was a little bit of muscle memory invovled.

mysterious_jen said:

you have bbq sauce on your savories? is that whle you watch home and away and hold hands with ian and fight over which is cooler 95 photos of planes or spending 9 hours taking photos of trains?

Oh go shove a savoury up your arse, Jen! :lol:

I'm not so sure if that's meant to be an insult or a suggestion of something you could try ... :wink:

mysterious_jen said:

:tsk: Don't mess with Jen and her poncy pies.....shit, I think she'd have hers with blood rather than sauce tonight!! :lol:

:kiss:

gluey said:
:lmao:

Man tells police 'I've been raped by a wombat'
New 5:25PM Thursday March 27, 2008

A 48-year-old orchard worker has been sentenced to 75 hours community work after calling police to complain he was being raped by a wombat.

Arthur Ross Cradock, of Motueka, called police on February 11 and informed them the rape was taking place at his house and he required assistance, The Nelson Mail reported.

He later called back asking to retract the claim.

"Apart from speaking Australian now, I'm pretty all right you know," he told the operator.

Cradock pleaded guilty in Nelson District Court to using a phone for a fictitious purpose.

Police prosecutor Sergeant Chris Stringer told the court alcohol played a large role in Cradock's life.

is this a bogan?

Varitek said:
i can only get to 46263383 now. i dunno if that calls for a :sad: or a :thankgod:

also i learned it typing into a keypad so it's hard to type ona laptop. there was a little bit of muscle memory invovled.

:lol:

I think I can still get past 100. If I looked over Pi a handful of times, I'd be able to get right back to my record of 353. I've been tempted to learn it to 500 one Pi Day, but I really just can't be bothered any more. It's TOO useless.

major_panic said:

So he didn't look anything like this, I'm guessing?:

300leonidas.jpg

What about this?

A001315.jpg

Pfft... 300 was so inaccurate. Even inaccurate compared to the comic, which was actually okay but very much made up. Leonidas' beard was fairly right, but the real Leonidas would have had a way bigger beard (and he was about 60 at Thermopylai).

He was just a black guy, darker than African Americans, but not completely dark, French accent (he's from Congo), tall, thin... basically what most African students in Australia sort of look like. :wink:

The Sad Punk said:

Higher than yours, considerably lower than Screwtapes.

You were around the 70s%, right? I was convinced to actually compile a list a couple of threads ago, but I don't think I have you on there.

Axver said:

I think I can still get past 100. If I looked over Pi a handful of times, I'd be able to get right back to my record of 353. I've been tempted to learn it to 500 one Pi Day, but I really just can't be bothered any more. It's TOO useless.

WHY?

Axver said:

I was up just above 200. i could get it back if i wanted to, but why on earth would i want to?

mysterious_jen said:

THIS IS FUCKING HILLARIOUS.

and i would not call him a bogan i would call him a

drongo, drop kick or dickhead.

Asshat comes to mind too :eeklaugh:

Yeah, drongo sounds about right.

Though I wouldn't be shocked if he were a flannelette wearing bogan ...

Axver said:
Aussies. :tsk: No. "Party pies" is far more generic. Tells you nothing about the food. It could be a little blueberry pie. A little apple pie. A little anything remotely pie-ish that can only be eaten at a party.

"Savouries" tells you about its flavour, that it's not going to be a fruit pie of any sort. And it does not limit its use to just parties. You can eat it strolling down the road!
:wink:
Okay, the term "savouries" specifies that it's not sweet... do you also call mini sausage-rolls "savouries"? How about frankfurters? Little sandwiches? Cheese/kabana on little sticks? Chips? Savoys and dip?

And I think you're being unnecessarily narrow in your decree that a "party pie" can ONLY be eaten at a party. Nomenclature nazi... :tsk:

I don't think I've ever seen mini pies of a sweet/fruit variety :hmm: ... Except for fruit mince pies, which are called fruit mince pies and are :drool: ...

i'm hungry, fucking superhungry. i could be healthy and have some yogurt (though it may be spoiled by now) or i could heat up a trader joe's indian meal :hmm:

The Sad Punk said:

Pfft... 300 was so inaccurate. Even inaccurate compared to the comic, which was actually okay but very much made up. Leonidas' beard was fairly right, but the real Leonidas would have had a way bigger beard (and he was about 60 at Thermopylai).

Come on, the comic was by Frank Miller, of course it was good!

And :nerd:

:wink:

The Sad Punk said:

He was just a black guy, darker than African Americans, but not completely dark, French accent (he's from Congo), tall, thin... basically what most African students in Australia sort of look like. :wink:

All I can see is a stereotypical black guy, tall, short hair, wearing shorts and a short-sleeved shirt a size too large. Is that wrong?

mysterious_jen said:

EPIC PHAIL.

watties sux ass. bloody kiwi shit again .

Jen, just so you know, 'arse'. For example: American spelling sucks arse.

Alright. Starting to get very tired and I think my RSI is flaring up again after 8 solid hours of whoring....:evil:

The Sad Punk said:

Ah, right. Well, here's the list as I have it now:

PURE
Screwtape2: 99%
U2democrat: 95%
major_panic, phillyfan26: 94%
unico: 87%
coolian2: 84%
jobob: 79%
Alisaura: 77%
Axver: 72%
bono_man2002: 62%