Giggleswick Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:
Oh, so I come back and the thread dies, huh? Is that how it goes then, is it?

Nah, I've still got postwhoring to do. You can't kill a thread that easily while I'm on duty.

Axver said:
Well, rather than making fun of me, post pictures! I mean, this isn't food I ever go near, so why the fuck would I know much beyond that they're chock-full of egg?
Because I'm lazy and a bit inebrieted (that cannot be spelled right), but fine:

pancakesbn5.jpg

I'm a stack of pancakes. I'm more chock-full of flour than eggs :)

omeletteoh1.jpg

I'm an omellette. I'm made almost entirely of eggs, but today I have some broccoli stuffed inside :)

Axver said:
:lmao:

Why the hell is your sister a Mormon?

Why the hell is ANYONE a Mormon? (Nearly unintentionally wrote 'Moron' there.)
My theory is that the Mormon missionaries were young and hot and looked good in their suits and paid attention to her, and she just couldn't resist being sucked in.

major_panic said:
WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE
I DON'T KNOW.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

pancakesbn5.jpg

omeletteoh1.jpg

I'm an omellette. I'm made almost entirely of eggs, but today I have some broccoli stuffed inside :)

:drool:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
My theory is that the Mormon missionaries were young and hot and looked good in their suits and paid attention to her, and she just couldn't resist being sucked in.

:hmm: Might have to try that sometime... :wink:

major_panic said:
Ye gods, Party Girl in its original studio form is quite possibly one of the worst things U2 have ever done.
Srsly. I heard like five different live versions before I ever heard the studio version. And then when I did, I was like "What happened here?! Why is it so BAD?!"

brb, gonna make soup.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

pancakesbn5.jpg

omeletteoh1.jpg

Ahhh, righto, thanks. Since they both involve more than enough egg to make me sick and are cooked in a pan (right?), I never really differentiated between the two. It's not like I'm ever going to sit down at a restaurant, look at their menu, and think "hmm, shall I have the pancakes or the omelettes?"

Also, the pancakes look delicious.

:lol:

One girl I knew in high school was a Mormon. Arguably the most attractive girl at the school too. She left during grade 11 to go on a mission trip to Auckland. All I could think was "WTF? Why the hell would you go to Auckland? Aren't you missionaries meant to go to Africa or something?"

major_panic said:

Dressing well and pretending to be Mormon, just to see what sort of reaction I'd get.

So long as you don't show your undies you should be safe from convulsive laughter :tongue:

major_panic said:
Ye gods, Party Girl in its original studio form is quite possibly one of the worst things U2 have ever done.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!

It's like Bono's got a frog in his throat or something. It belongs on the "really bad, ill Bono vocals" playlist with In A Little While and Dirty Day.

Axver said:

One girl I knew in high school was a Mormon. Arguably the most attractive girl at the school too. She left during grade 11 to go on a mission trip to Auckland. All I could think was "WTF? Why the hell would you go to Auckland? Aren't you missionaries meant to go to Africa or something?"

:lmao:

:ohmy: Ax I'm really liking this! My 8yr old even came out to ask what I'm listening too as she really likes it too!

major_panic said:

Dressing well and pretending to be Mormon, just to see what sort of reaction I'd get.

The dressing well part doesn't work, trust me. I dress well and the girls aren't throwing themselves at me.

I have too much dignity to pretend to be Mormon!

Axver said:

The dressing well part doesn't work, trust me. I dress well and the girls aren't throwing themselves at me.

I have too much dignity to pretend to be Mormon!

I don't. I post here.

:wink:

gluey said:
:ohmy: Ax I'm really liking this! My 8yr old even came out to ask what I'm listening too as she really likes it too!

Awesome! :up:

Sending three more tracks now.

Axver said:

Awesome! :up:

Sending three more tracks now.

They're nothing like I imagined, but then I don't know what I imagined!! I'm pleasantly surprised to say the least......new songs for my ipod :evil:

gluey said:
So who are PT and where are they from?

Porcupine Tree started out in the late eighties as a fictitious joke band, the creation of Steven Wilson, an Englishman from Hemel Hempstead outside London. He came up with this fake seventies prog rock band, "the legendary Porcupine Tree", and decided to record and distribute some material to give this fake band an air of authenticity.

As it happened, some people in the music underground actually thought what he was doing was fairly interesting, and he recorded more. Initially it was really experimental, avantgarde stuff, but Steven Wilson's songwriting developed quickly and after recording the first album, Up The Downstair (from 1993) on his own, he turned Porcupine Tree into a proper band to play live. The band quickly became a proper band, rather than just Steven Wilson with backing musicians, and SW doesn't always get his own way (for example, the song Christenings from his side project Blackfield was originally meant to be on PT's Deadwing album, but the rest of the band over-ruled him).

Axver said:

Porcupine Tree started out in the late eighties as a fictitious joke band, the creation of Steven Wilson, an Englishman from Hemel Hempstead outside London. He came up with this fake seventies prog rock band, "the legendary Porcupine Tree", and decided to record and distribute some material to give this fake band an air of authenticity.

As it happened, some people in the music underground actually thought what he was doing was fairly interesting, and he recorded more. Initially it was really experimental, avantgarde stuff, but Steven Wilson's songwriting developed quickly and after recording the first album, Up The Downstair (from 1993) on his own, he turned Porcupine Tree into a proper band to play live. The band quickly became a proper band, rather than just Steven Wilson with backing musicians, and SW doesn't always get his own way (for example, the song Christenings from his side project Blackfield was originally meant to be on PT's Deadwing album, but the rest of the band over-ruled him).

:ohmy: That's really cool! How did you find them?

OK, so, one of the three more PT songs I'm sending is Waiting (Phase One). It's from 1996's Signify album, and is probably the most conventional song there. I think it sounds really great, and Ali thinks some of the guitarwork is especially Edge-like. I can't say I disagree with her.

major_panic said:

Don't do it in Salt Lake City:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fic56JN7aIw

Axver said:
Most religions send missionaries to Africa to save the 'heathens' (my sister actually went to Africa on a mission before she became a Mormon), the Mormons send their missionaries everywhere else to convert the Christians. They have all kinds of tricks too. Like they have commercials offering free Bibles or videos about Jesus. And these innocent people are like "Oh, free stuff!" and they call... but no, they don't send it in the mail, they have missionaries hand deliver your free gift, and then they try to convert you. And once they know where you live they won't leave you alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom