Giggleswick Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gluey said:

:tsk: we need to get you out more.

That's like saying a bus and a train look fairly similar once they're built.

Aaaactually. You're going to kill me for severe nerdism here. But clearly someone in Melbourne has been planning things well. As I know how old the various trams are, I can place the age of some types of Melbourne buses as they share the same windows and other design elements with particular trams. For example, the buses that typically run the route along Grattan Street are clearly from the mid- to late- seventies as their windows are identical to those on Z1 and Z2 class trams.

:nerd:

Axver said:
They look fairly similar in the end, and when you're allergic to egg, you aren't exactly looking at the recipe!
No they don't! What kind of freaky pancakes do you Kiwis eat anyway!

I should go ahead and apologize in advance if my posts become incoherant tonight (well, more than usual), I've been given narcotic pain pills by the doctor, and I don't know what I'll end up doing. The first one is just now kicking in.

gluey said:

:bow:

And how many times do I have to say that the name's Kim.....but Gluey is still fine :lol:

Actually, I've only seen you post your name once. I'm kinda used to calling you gluey! :lol:

But I've begun to call Bonnie by her name rather than Saddo, so there's hope for you yet, Kim. :wink:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I should go ahead and apologize in advance if my posts become incoherant tonight (well, more than usual), I've been given narcotic pain pills by the doctor, and I don't know what I'll end up doing. The first one is just now kicking in.

Well, rather than making fun of me, post pictures! I mean, this isn't food I ever go near, so why the fuck would I know much beyond that they're chock-full of egg?

Axver said:

Aaaactually. You're going to kill me for severe nerdism here. But clearly someone in Melbourne has been planning things well. As I know how old the various trams are, I can place the age of some types of Melbourne buses as they share the same windows and other design elements with particular trams. For example, the buses that typically run the route along Grattan Street are clearly from the mid- to late- seventies as their windows are identical to those on Z1 and Z2 class trams.

:nerd:

:yikes:

You KNOW all that???

:applaud: You definately deserve the :nerd: title

:bow:

Axver said:

Actually, I've only seen you post your name once. I'm kinda used to calling you gluey! :lol:

But I've begun to call Bonnie by her name rather than Saddo, so there's hope for you yet, Kim. :wink:

I still use Ax because it's an easier contraction (if you will) than any shortening of Andre.

For so reason i still get called Liam every now and then

DreamOutLoud13 said:

:hyper: This could be fun!

OK, so, the PT tracks I'm sending, the first is Piano Lessons. It's my favourite Porcupine Tree song. It's from 1999's Stupid Dream album, which incidentally is also my favourite Porcupine Tree album. Stupid Dream is the first album after their psychedelic, somewhat Pink Floydian stage. The psychedelia is still there, but channelled into more focused songwriting.

Axver said:

That's ok, call me what you want. I've been Gluey since 97 thanks to a friend, so I come running to either!!

gluey said:
:ohmy:

Enlighten me?
Once they've been baptised into Mormonism, they have to wear special underwear. Hers are like a tanktop with little cap sleeves, and shorts that go almost all the way down her thighs. They have special symbols sewn into the material, which is supposed to protect you, and the whole thing in general is supposed to inspire modesty (because she can no longer wear sleeveless tops or shorts without her underwear showing)
For men, it's more like a t-shirt and boxers, but like attached and all baggy, and with the special symbols still. I haven't actually seen any Mormon men in their underwear in person, but I saw some on TV :lol:

Axver said:
OK, so, the PT tracks I'm sending, the first is Piano Lessons. It's my favourite Porcupine Tree song. It's from 1999's Stupid Dream album, which incidentally is also my favourite Porcupine Tree album. Stupid Dream is the first album after their psychedelic, somewhat Pink Floydian stage. The psychedelia is still there, but channelled into more focused songwriting.
:hyper:

The second and third PT songs I'm sending are Blackest Eyes and Trains. They are from 2002's In Absentia and they are the band's two most popular songs. A heavier approach - both atmospherically speaking and in terms of riffs, though not necessarily both together - permeates In Absentia and is well represented by Blackest Eyes, the album opener. I love its main riff. Trains has less of the heaviness, but some lovely guitar work.

Despite its title, Trains was not an initial favourite of mine. Took ages to grow on me. Apparently the band themselves don't think that much of it, and never intended to play it live as they didn't think it would work. But they did it one night just to see how it went, and it took the crowd by storm. It has been the band's concert closer (or second-to-last song) ever since.

coolian2 said:
"What if i were taking a shower and slipped on a bar of soap?..................OH MY GOD, I'D BE KILLED"

My flatmate in 2006 and I recited that to each other ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Every time we've caught up since I moved to Melbourne, we've recited it too.

It never gets old.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Once they've been baptised into Mormonism, they have to wear special underwear. Hers are like a tanktop with little cap sleeves, and shorts that go almost all the way down her thighs. They have special symbols sewn into the material, which is supposed to protect you, and the whole thing in general is supposed to inspire modesty (because she can no longer wear sleeveless tops or shorts without her underwear showing)
For men, it's more like a t-shirt and boxers, but like attached and all baggy, and with the special symbols still. I haven't actually seen any Mormon men in their underwear in person, but I saw some on TV :lol:

:eyebrow:

:giggle:

:lol:

:lmao:

*trysnottohyperventilate*

oh wow. That's some magical undies!

DreamOutLoud13 said:

:lmao:

Why the hell is your sister a Mormon?

Why the hell is ANYONE a Mormon? (Nearly unintentionally wrote 'Moron' there.)

coolian2 said:
Do you want to change your name to Homer Junior? The kids can call you HoJu!

Homer: "I have this friend called ... Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo."
Moe: "Homer, that's the worst name I've ever heard"
*guy runs away crying*
Barney: "Hey, Joey Jo-Jo!"

coolian2 said:

I still use Ax because it's an easier contraction (if you will) than any shortening of Andre.

For so reason i still get called Liam every now and then

Yeah, that's cool. I like it when people call me Ax/Axver offline.

I love how you've somewhat acquired Liam as a nickname. :lol:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE

gluey said:
How did the Liam thing come about?

Someone accidentally called him Liam rather than Ian. I can't recall who. I actually thought it was you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom