Gifts from Santa - Wrapped or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
I swear I have this argument with my wife every year. As a kid growing up, gifts left from Santa were never wrapped. She thinks you wrap them, I say no. What say you?

the really big ones were always unwrapped for me. stocking stuffers and things like clothes and videos always were wrapped. i think it's basically a judgment call as to how much you want your kid(s) to anticipate it.

Wrapped, except for large items which were always hidden. We'd never find them though so my Dad had to push sofas into the centre of the living room so we'd see them. One time he left bikes in the kitchen and me and my siblings went in, sat at the table playing with toys and eating and left again without seeing 3 bikes :laugh:

Christmas is about ripping off the wrapping paper and making a mess :love:

MrsSpringsteen said:
wrapped

When we discovered there was no Santa and where the gifts were hidden, we used to unwrap some of them and look at them then re-wrap them :shifty:

or when the rellies left us presents that came in a box, we'd open the present, take out the gift and fix the paper again and leave it under the tree. :ohmy:

Wrapped! A huge part of the fun is unwrapping gifts!

The only Christmas presents from Santa that weren't wrapped were my beanbag chair and my Barbie Dream House...because they were so big.

Unwrapped?

I've never heard of such a thing.

I've always wrapped all my gifts. Even the parlor grand piano I gave my wife years ago.

WRAPPED!!!

I can't believe some people never wrap them! It takes all the excitement out of it when you can see it all right away. When I was a kid the only things that were never wrapped were doll strollers or beds, with the doll in them. I asked him not to wrap any more of my dolls, they might smother;)

My husband's aunt has fought me HARD over this, telling me Santa doesn't have time to wrap them. In my family the story was that he wrapped them sloppy, all in the same paper (Santa paper) with no bows or tags, only a name or intial written sloppily in crayon. I really think it's more fun and more of a surprise when they are wrapped. I carry on my family tradition for my kids and hope they will too.

Last edited:
dandy said:
when i was a kid, my gifts from santa were always wrapped. santa's handwriting was eerily similar to my mother's.

:hmm:

That's why you write it messy, using your wrong hand and a dull crayon;)

MrsSpringsteen said:
wrapped

When we discovered there was no Santa and where the gifts were hidden, we used to unwrap some of them and look at them then re-wrap them :shifty:

:lmao:

My sister and I did that once, and got caught. :ohmy:

Mine were wrapped from Santa, but they had a different wrapping paper from any other presents in the house.

This is how I discovered there was no Santa, because I found the same wrapping paper hidden in the corner in the basement a week after Christmas. :(

My mom and I were just talking about this-she said her reasoning as to why the Santa presents were unwrapped was 'cause every time she'd see a picture of Santa on his sleigh and stuff, he'd just have the toys in a big bag, and none of them looked to be in wrapping paper.

Originally posted by Blue Room
This is how I discovered there was no Santa, because I found the same wrapping paper hidden in the corner in the basement a week after Christmas. :(

Aw :(.

Angela

We used to get a couple presents from Santa wrapped.. and they really cool or big gifts 'set up' but not wrapped.

nbcrusader said:

I've always wrapped all my gifts. Even the parlor grand piano I gave my wife years ago.

That's a lot of wrapping paper. Bet it cost more than the piano. :wink:

Unwrapped, and (poorly) hidden in the trunk of my mother's car until Christmas.

When I found them, she claimed that Santa was behind schedule, and that he had asked her to pick them up at the store and drop them off so he could deliver them.

And I fell for it. :shrug:

Wrapped!!! The only thing Santa didn't wrap in our house was bikes. My mom always used different paper and tags for the Santa gifts and I did the same thing with my kids.

I guess it really didn't matter with my kids though, since they admitted a few years ago that they've been peeking at their gifts since they were 7 or 8 years old :mad:

One year I got an entire kiddie kitchen set (kid life size) and that of course wasn't wrapped just the boxed stuff.

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
My mom always used different paper and tags for the Santa gifts and I did the same thing with my kids.

Oh yes, the paper has to be a different, special roll that nothing else gets wrapped in, and it's never seen or found anywhere else (the roll and any residue must be disposed of before any kids see it) My Mom always used Santa paper for Santa toys, and she didn't believe in wrapping adults' presents in Santa paper even if it wasn't the same one used for the Santa presents.

I found out about Santa not being real by snooping under my teenage brother's bed when I was 8:( He didn't want me in his room, that's what I got for being nosey! But I didn't admit I knew because I was afraid of not getting the presents :uhoh:

My Mom always got us clothes or something from her, but not my Dad. So one year I blurted out, why doesn't Daddy ever get us anything for Christmas? Poor guy was sitting there just stewing, his money having financed most of "Santa."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom