Gia....and the world of modelling........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
So, who remembers Gia, huh?

high.jpg

Obviously she couldn?t have been the first to die of AIDS but I guess if correct and in being the first supermodel, that?s really something???its so weird, looking at 80?s mag covers and the models back then, they didn?t half look different as to those today, eh? Well being 26 years old and looking back takes me back to being younger and remembering films and books with the 80?s ?electronic? look???????.quite a funky punk look??????..but we always look back and laugh at the styles back then, don?t we? I question, in 10 years will we look back at todays fashion and laugh? Cause while todays fashion is very much ?your own individual style? ? it sucks that we have to work our way around the clothes, not the clothes around us like (to me anyway) it was 10 years back????????..

Anyway, this woman was beautiful, but I never knew she was the first ? personally I tink the World Supermodel is dead now, it finished after Naomi, Cindy, Christy, Linda and Claudia, I tink that was a phase in the early 90s?..possibly arising just from Gia?s death??but one thing bother me a little little little:

I watched Angelina Jolies performance in Gia, of course it has to be the way Gia?s story was but, I wonder, even though ?Billy Bob? was covered up with make up, why weren?t the other two tattoos on Angie, I mean where they left in to make Gia look ?wilder? than she really was? No way could Gia have had tattoos???right? (of course I wouldn?t know) and Gia had brown eyes, why couldn?t Angie have worn lenses? Maybe they picked Angie cause her facial features were close to Gias? Angie would make a great model anyway from seeing her, but still, I thought films based on fact would have it right on to ?the tip???????????.ya know?

Anyone else see the Gia film?

I have to say the first time seeing it I was a little shocked at the gay scenes??and I tell ya, as we all know in todays society young 14 year olds being plucked for modeling, they aren?t always looked after, just thrown into a world of drugs sex and booze and personally I tink it?s a stinkin world???..its all just for ur face or look and greediness for money as long as they are happy?????unless ur over 21 and happy with that and aware but the young ones aren?t??????somehow I don?t blame Gia back then, being a young girl???.but yet, she didn?t have to do it???yet theres pressure to????..I tink Im sounding confusin now, eh???????????????? of course I reckon those who know more would say to me, read more on it..........but I dont like to dive to far in.......u have only to look and see misery trapped in their eyes............esp after ur not wanted no more.......

tongue.gif

I tell ya Angie sure has no problem being openly with another woman on screen!!!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif

Hey there Maddie -

Angelina didn't have the Billy Bob tattoo years ago when she filmed Gia and might not have had the other tattoos as well - either way, they are all covered up for whatever reasons the Director saw fit.

I don't remember Gia, but enjoyed her story very much. Such a shame.
frown.gif

------------------
I'm only asking, but I think you know.

"This is so bad it's gone way past good and back to bad again." - Enid, Ghost World.

I saw that movie GIA on HBO a few years back and I thought it was very intense. Also - doesn't the real Gia look familar? A strong resemblance to Ali and to Juliete Binoche - who I have always thought Ali resembled. Needless to say, all three are beautiful ladies - as is Angelina Jolie, but in an almost disturbing way.

------------------
You ain't nothin without a rhythm section.

"Who's to say what it is will break you."

Gia is one of those films along with Requiem For A Dream that were utterly wonderful, but unwatchable a second time due to the sheer misery content.

Back
Top Bottom