Ghostbusters 3???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3467374

HOLLYWOOD - Moviemaker Harold Ramis is trying to bring his Ghostbusters movie franchise

back to the big screen--and he wants Ben Stiller to star in a third film.

Ramis reveals Ghostbusters star Dan Aykroyd has written a new script, called Ghostbusters in Hell, and Ramis is keen to get the project started.

He tells InFocus magazine he wants Stiller to join Aykroyd and Rick Moranis in the sequel.

Aykroyd's script transports the bumbling ghostbusters into a parallel dimension via a portal in a New York warehouse.

Ramis explains, "What Danny had originally conceived was sending us to a special-effects hell--a netherworld full of phenomenal visual environments and boiling pits.

"But what works so well about the first two (films) is the mundane-ness of it all. So my notion was that hell exists in the same place as our consensus reality, but it's like a film shutter--it's the darkness between the 24 frames.

"So we create a device to do it, and it's in a warehouse in Brooklyn. When we step out of the chamber, it looks just like New York, but it's hell--everything's grid locked; no cars are moving and all the drivers are swearing at each other in different foreign languages. No two people speak the same language. It's all the worst things about modern urban life, just magnified."

it has an IMDb.com page as well:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0805537/

I think for it to be successful the original cast has to return in its entirety, and will train new ghostbusters.

for the new ghostbusters, I would love to see guys like Steve Carell, Owen Wilson, Jason Bateman, and Romany Malco from 'The 40 Year Old Virgin' to round-out the group with Ben Stiller. Maybe Justin Long as grown-up baby Oscar?

who else is excited at the thought of this? :drool:

This sounds good indeed :up:. I am a big fan of the Ghostbusters films. Though I hope they get Bill Murray and Sigourney Weaver back too - I don't think it'd be the same without them.

Tilli said:
This sounds good indeed :up:. I am a big fan of the Ghostbusters films. Though I hope they get Bill Murray and Sigourney Weaver back too - I don't think it'd be the same without them.

I'd only be interested if it had the original cast. :up:

BonosBaby12 said:
Oh this is so cool! :hyper: Really wish Bill Murray was coming back too though. He was always my favorite ghostbuster :love:

same here :rockon:

but I could see him not being an integral part of the movie, maybe a bit part or something.

I want to see the rest of the cast back too though :up:

and like I said before, would love to see The Frat Pack guys as new ghostbusters.

The premise does sound interesting...it could be a giant morality tale with lots of fun and goo for everyone. I loved the original movies...I actually dressed-up as ghostbuster for Halloween one year. (I recall the use of large, earmuff-style headphones and and a vacuum cleaner hose.)

Bill Murray has to come back if they want to make something special. Maybe he can return as an old and jaded ghostbuster who gets fished out of retirement.

U2democrat said:
Dan Akroyd was my fave Ghostbuster...after all, he's the one who thought of the Stay Puft Marshmallow man :wink:

This is a very strong argument. :hmm:

Ok, he's in!

I just thought of something: how about having Bill Murray, in the years since the last films, joining the priesthood after his ghostbusting? He then returns (with convincing from a desperate Akroyd), but this time with special knowledge of evilness and very bad spirits.

angelordevil said:

This is a very strong argument. :hmm:

Ok, he's in!

I just thought of something: how about having Bill Murray, in the years since the last films, joining the priesthood after his ghostbusting? He then returns (with convincing from a desperate Akroyd), but this time with special knowledge of evilness and very bad spirits.

priesthood? that sounds a bit farfetched to me, but interesting nonetheless. :hmm:

Here's my idea for GB:3.

The presence of ghosts and otherworldly creatures just stopped occuring shortly after the events of the 2nd film (say...5 or 6 years), leaving the ghostbusters out of business. Fast forward 20 years, the ghostbusters have been forgotten, and now live their own lives. Winston's living in The Florida Keys, and Peter and Dana are now married living in upstate New York while a college-aged Oscar attends classes at Columbia University taught by Ray and Egon. Ray and Egon discover a renewed paranormal threat in NYC, and trace the source to a portal to another dimension inside an abandoned warehouse. They call the other guys out of retirement and realize they're too old to do all of this work alone, so they try and restart the business (with Louis and Janine's help) and recruit new ghostbusters. Since many people aren't interested, 5 guys show up to train to be ghotbusters.

The New Ghostbusters would be as follows:
Ben Stiller - the same neurotic jew he plays in every other movie? (I don't like him as a ghostbuster at all)
Owen Wilson - Peter-esque role
Steve Carell - Ray-esque role
Jason Bateman - Egon-esque role.
Romany Malco - Winston-esque role.

As the new guys are training, a demon and his lowly brother from the alternate dimension inhabits the body of a mayoral candidate (possibly Nathan Fillion or Peter Sarsgaard) and his campaign manager (Will Ferrell?). The main demon plots to find a bride (Charlize Theron as a campaign worker?) and rise to power and rule the Earth in both dimensions, not if the guys in gray have anything to say about it.

Side notes: Charlize Theron would be Owen Wilson's love interest.
Jack Black and David Cross could play radio personalities during the ("Yeah! The Ghostbusters Are Back!" Montage)
I would love to see Will Arnett and Amy Poehler in there somewhere, maybe as ghostattack victims?
The son of Walter Peck (the EPA guy from the first movie) also works ar the EPA and tries to shut the ghostbusters down to no avail.

those are my thoughts, sorry if it's a long read but I'm pretty excited.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom