Ghost World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hermes

Acrobat
I just saw this movie tonight and was blown away.

It's one of the very few truly insightful moives ever made. It very much captures the absurdness of reality without bending how reality works. The movie doesn't flinch from actual consequences and give into hollywood touches.

Steve Buscemi gives one of his greatest performances.

I's from the director of CRUMB which is a very bizarre and well done(if a bit long) documentaries about Robert Crumb.

It's based on a comic book by Daniel Clowes who is extremely talented.

------------------
Steve
SAME OLD STORY- Hardcore American Comedy

You really want to know what's funny? My entire film class saw it with me at the Edinburgh International Film Festival and they all hated it! They said it was a horrible script, they didn't like Scarlet Johanssen, they said that Thora Birch had a boring role with unoriginal dialogue, and they thought that Steve Buscemi's talents were completely wasted, not to mention boring dialogue. They thought the ending was stupid as well.

I actually kind of liked it...
wink.gif

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

I tried to see this last week. About ten minutes in, the film got stuck and then proceeded to melt and catch on fire. That's definitely something you don't see everyday.
I'm going to try again this afternoon. Hopefully I can see the whole movie this time. At least I already have a memorable experience from it.

This is the movie I want to see so much, it pained me when our local newspaper had a review for the movie but of course, the movie wasn't being shown at any theatre in our town and it never will be. I hate my nespaper for doing this to me, it was such a slap in the face. I was such a fan of the movie Crumb, and Melon, your classmates or friends or whatever sound like people looking for something that is going to make them say "cool".

~rougerum

Back
Top Bottom