Ghost Hunters, anybody else watch this show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue Room

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I seem to watch this show everytime it is on. I cant decide whether its staged or real. Maybe a combination of both? :shrug:

Anyone else watch this show? Whats your take on it?

Well, I guess that answers one of my questions. I'm the only one that watches this show!! :laugh: Oh well :shrug:

Check it out sometime though. Its on the Sci Fi Channel on Wednesday nights. I'm curious what others think about it.

i LOVE this show. Of course, anyone that knows me slightly knows I have a little obsession with this stuff.

This show does leave a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth. Years ago before the show started... I had contact TAPS about becoming a member :reject: I spoke to Jason on the phone several times, went through a phone type interview etc... but for some reason, I just never heard from them again. Guess I wasnt "TAPS" material. I guess I'm bitter...

But the show - other than the content, I find kind of irritating sometimes. I cant I decide if they're doing what they're doing to actually find something, or just prove that it doesnt exist. They really act like a pair of pricks sometimes IMO.

hm, I dunno if I get this channel, but if I did, I'd watch. I get Comcast extended basic (or whatever, it goes to channel 70-something).

If you like "ghost hunting" stuff... check out "Most Haunted" on the Travel channel on Friday nights :up:

Each episode they go to one of the UK's "most haunted" places and investigate the spirits by spending the night in the place... it's fascinating!

Good stuff!

hippy said:
If you like "ghost hunting" stuff... check out "Most Haunted" on the Travel channel on Friday nights :up:

Each episode they go to one of the UK's "most haunted" places and investigate the spirits by spending the night in the place... it's fascinating!

Good stuff!

I've seen all of them at least once... :reject:

But thanks!

hippy said:

Good stuff!

I have caught that one before. That one seems way too over the top though. Some of those psychic's they have seem like they are acting to me.

What I like about Ghost Hunters is they are looking for physical proof and seem to be trying to debunk stuff more than prove it. So when they do catch something odd it seems more believable. Whether it is or not, is a whole other story though.

My husband and I love that show. We got on the season pass for our Tivo. Most of the time they don't find anything. When they do though, it's pretty freaky. I think it would be cool to do something like that, but I do believe I would be running out of the house if I were to ever encounter something. Love to watch it on t.v. though. :wink:

mdw3935 said:
My husband and I love that show. We got on the season pass for our Tivo. Most of the time they don't find anything. When they do though, it's pretty freaky. I think it would be cool to do something like that, but I do believe I would be running out of the house if I were to ever encounter something. Love to watch it on t.v. though. :wink:

There are really only two episodes that were a little freaky in what they found to me. The light house one where the chair moved on its own and the Prison where they catch on film a figure that appears out of nowhere and then runs down an aisle when no one was there.

I remember those episodes, that prison one was freaky. They had one a few weeks ago where the lady's bedroom closet door kept opening and closing and no one was in the room. At one point though two people were in there talking and they heard the closet door open but didn't see anyone there. They tried to debunk it by recreating how someone could be doing it but they couldn't do it. They claimed that house to be haunted.

There was also the one down in New Orleans at a plantation where they were filming with a thermal camera. The two head investigators were walking around outside at night with the camera and some figure ran right in front of them. They couldn't see it with there eyes, but the thermal camera picked it up. When they froze the shot they could see the outline of a head and shoulder. Freaky!!!

Like I said my husband and I love watching that show, so I'm sure we have seen every episode. I'm so interested in this kind of stuff.

mdw3935 said:
I remember those episodes, that prison one was freaky. They had one a few weeks ago where the lady's bedroom closet door kept opening and closing and no one was in the room. At one point though two people were in there talking and they heard the closet door open but didn't see anyone there. They tried to debunk it by recreating how someone could be doing it but they couldn't do it. They claimed that house to be haunted.

There was also the one down in New Orleans at a plantation where they were filming with a thermal camera. The two head investigators were walking around outside at night with the camera and some figure ran right in front of them. They couldn't see it with there eyes, but the thermal camera picked it up. When they froze the shot they could see the outline of a head and shoulder. Freaky!!!

Like I said my husband and I love watching that show, so I'm sure we have seen every episode. I'm so interested in this kind of stuff.

Yeah, I remember those as well. On that New Orleans one they showed the time lapse of a light moving accross a table on its own as well. I thought those were interesting but it didnt freak me out like the other two I mentioned. Not sure why. The lighthouse one with the chair moving is the one that freaked me the most though. That place just looked haunted and then when that happened it was :yikes: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom