Ghastly fake accents - complain here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Klodomir

Refugee
? Ben Affleck in Shakespeare In Love.

Horrible horrible cringeworthy horrible accent! Best viewed with sound off.
mad.gif

? Anything Bj?rk says.

We all know that she speaks perfect English, so why pretend? It's not cute, you little troll!
mad.gif

Oh god, Gina Marie, i agree with both of those!!! Bleh!!!!
Also Sally Fields southern accent in forrest Gump sucked at times.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

LMAO!!
smile.gif
I do a good Ozzy Osborne, if that counts for anything.

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97%compatible with Bono
"Perhaps Miss PLEBA herself" ~GypsyHeartGirl~

"Bono...a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

julia roberts' irish one in michael collins - it's even worse than brad pitt's in the devil's own. it's truly terrible.

This one is a classic....Kevin Costner in <I>Robin Hood:prince of Thieves</I>.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Originally posted by PopFly:
This one is a classic....Kevin Costner in <I>Robin Hood:prince of Thieves</I>.

This is exactly why I wanted to respond to this thread! Ever notice that in any movie Kevin Costner is in.... he sounds like he's from Chicago??? It drives me nuts. I cant think of anything else in particular - but it's VERY rare that you hear a good irish brogue off an actor/actress - just watch Far and Away with Tom Cruise
icon21.gif

------------------
Love don't need to find a way
You find your own way
I forget that I can't stay
And so I say that
All roads lead to where you are
All roads lead to where you are

Originally posted by She ls Raging:

This is exactly why I wanted to respond to this thread! Ever notice that in any movie Kevin Costner is in.... he sounds like he's from Chicago??? It drives me nuts. I cant think of anything else in particular - but it's VERY rare that you hear a good irish brogue off an actor/actress - just watch Far and Away with Tom Cruise
icon21.gif

"...and the peat! ahhh, the peat."

"Sounds more like Scottish!"

"We were on the border."

------------------
"Dinnsdale was a perfectly charming, erudite young man - and what's more, he knew how to treat a female impersonator."

ok as soon as i saw thie title i was going to say Costner in Robin Hood as it has driven me nuts for so long!!!

I still get annoyed by it and I shall tell you why. Its the ARROGANCE of a Hollywood actor thinking he can get away with playing such a historical figure as Robin Hood with an American accent.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I would say another..but alas, i hold my tongue
Irish Cowgirls is all I shall say
rolleyes.gif

And u all fell for it!!!

Oh and anyone trying to do Australian accents. Any future casting directors out there, a word of advice when choosing non Australian actors to play Australians....WE'RE NOT SOUTH AFRICAN!!!!!!

------------------
Slane/Lon tour pics

Any non-Russian actor doing a "Russian" accent: bleh, bleh, bleh!

Kevin Costner is a classic case!
smile.gif
Another big-time offender is Brad Pitt with his pitiful attempts at Austrian accent in "Seven Years in Tibet" and Irish in "Devil's Own". And his acting sucked, too.

i just have to do it

POint Break, the "aussie" cops on the beach

"Weerrreelll ggiiiiittt hiieeeem weeeen heee ccooms baaaeeck iieeenn"

arghhhhhh
biggrin.gif

"A dingo stole my baby" Meryl is brilliant but that was an A Class piece of crap

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Brit actors that try to pull off an "American" accent - why do they have to all sound like they're from Bahston or ChiCAHgo or something?
confused.gif

i thought americans had "no accent"
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by CannibalisticArtist (edited 01-03-2002).]

i just love sean connery. the only actor who can get away with playing an arab and still keep his thick scottish accent!

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Did not like the fake British accent of Renee Zelwigger in Bridget Jones Diary. That movie was annoying also in it was like 1955 with the woman all depressed and obcessing about getting a man. There is one with Joan Crawford called "The Best of Everything" where she has to be maculine and cannot have a fulfilling life but has to just be a "career woman" and all the other women in the movie decide to give up their careers for the "man they love," and this Bridget Jones Diary was like going back in time. It was funny sometimes, and Hugh Grant was great he was so creepy, but aren't there any English actresses?

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Madonna's 'British' accent
rolleyes.gif

Ohhh, yes. *This just in: (news music) Madonna actually from Detroit. That is all. Carry on. (fading out news music)*

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

Oh the boston accent too.... dont get me started on that. While I admit that it's less than easy on the ears, I'm a proud owner of a horrendous one....
biggrin.gif
And it's always brutally exaggerated on film! I mean we dont ALL Pahk ah cahs in the hahvard yahd

Ah, that reminds me of another horrid one: Meryl Streep in Out Of Africa. "I haaaahd a faaarm in Aaaaaahfrica!"

Originally posted by U2live:
Did not like the fake British accent of Renee Zelwigger in Bridget Jones Diary. That movie was annoying also in it was like 1955 with the woman all depressed and obcessing about getting a man. There is one with Joan Crawford called "The Best of Everything" where she has to be maculine and cannot have a fulfilling life but has to just be a "career woman" and all the other women in the movie decide to give up their careers for the "man they love," and this Bridget Jones Diary was like going back in time. It was funny sometimes, and Hugh Grant was great he was so creepy, but aren't there any English actresses?

Perhaps they should have put Kate Winslet in the lead role. On a purely shallow level, she's about twice as gorgeous.

------------------
"I could walk into this room
and the waves of conversation
are enough
to knock you down
with the undertow

soooo alone..."

Back
Top Bottom