Getting married & Bono's not coming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Just wanted to spread my love----I'm getting married this Saturday!

We actually considered sending an invitation to the band just for fun, but we figured it'd be a waste since they're on tour & would probably never get it.

Anyway, we're being introduced to the reception with the first chorus of "Beautiful Day" lined up for right after our names are announced. Woo-hoo!

Awwwwwwwww congratulations! :). Love the way that you guys will be introduced! Have always thought of having "With or Without" you be my wedding song when me and my guy get married. Hope you have a beautiful wedding! :)

Thanks, BB! We thought of having "All I Want Is You" as our song, but we decided that it didn't quite fit us. The lyrics make it sound like while all I want is my girl, she wants diamonds in a ring of gold, etc. etc., and so many other things. :wink: We ended up with Eva Cassidy's "Songbird" (it's on the 'Love Actually' album) and we snuck my U2 craze in with Beautiful Day. :rockon:

You are welcome and Im happy that you were able to slip your U2 craze into there,lol. See what you mean in terms of the song that you wanted to use. Not exactly the lyrics that you are looking for on a wedding day,lol. Perhaps U2 will find more ways to be into your reception :wink:

Congrats!

My wife and have are 3 yr anniversary coming up. Marriage has been the best.

At the ceremony we used BD. "I now pronounce you Man and Wife", then we walked out of Ceremony to BD. It's too funny because I went to my friends wedding just last week and he copied us and did the exact same thing. Glad to hear your using BD. Great wedding song.

Thanks for all the well-wishes, everyone!

RedrocksU2 said:
where's the honeymoon?:rockon:

We're going to Barbados for 9 days. Woo-hoo! We had originally thought of going somewhere really cool in Europe, or even Australia or New Zealand, but we figured that we'd be upset at ourselves if we were tired out from the wedding and flopped for a few days instead of having an adventure. So, we decided that Barbados was good because we could flop & have a few adventures, as well. I'll bring a few pics when we get back.

As for Beautiful Day, it really is perfect for walking away or being announced! I'm glad to hear that it worked well for a few of you folks, too!

hope you have the greatest day ever!!! i'm not getting married, so get married for me too!!! lol

Congratulations!

Hope you'll post a pic of this special day!

Hope the best for you -- even if Bono won't be there

Congratulations!
bestwishes.gif

Utoo said:
Thanks, BB! We thought of having "All I Want Is You" as our song, but we decided that it didn't quite fit us. The lyrics make it sound like while all I want is my girl, she wants diamonds in a ring of gold, etc. etc., and so many other things. :wink: We ended up with Eva Cassidy's "Songbird" (it's on the 'Love Actually' album) and we snuck my U2 craze in with Beautiful Day. :rockon:

Songbird is a beautiful song. Congrats.

congrats!!

when i get marred (approx 10 yrs from now :p ) i will have beautiful day at my wedding!! it's a lovely song for a lovely occasion

HAVE LOADS OF FUN - wouldn't it be nuts if Bono could come to your wedding and HE sung beautiful day :drool:

Back
Top Bottom