Get the Wild Groove On!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

notiti

Refugee
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Read it and weep sukkas. Yes I got out of bed at 9:45 on a Saturday, something which was previously thought impossible. But why my friends?? I'll tell you why.
I now have in my posesion my very own GA ticket to, that's right, GORILLAZ!!!! March 3rd, Chicago baby.
I see you envy my ticket and I don't blame you, for I have tasted the ham of truth!

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

http://www.iloveham.com/

You go, girlie.
biggrin.gif

Calluna will be envious. Of your GA ticket and your ham.

------------------
Cut out the poetry
Let's hit the main artery
No time for a tourniquet
Let the colour's all run out of me

their live show is supposed to be ... interesting

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I need to get that CD!!!!!

------------------
I've been walking Central Park
Singing after dark
People think I'm crazy

*sigh*

That's so awesome, notiti!!!!
biggrin.gif

As much as I love living in Florida, we NEVER get the mini-tours that go around from people like Gorillaz.

They are one of my favorite bands, and I love Damon, and soooooo wish I could go! gotdammit!!!
mad.gif

YAY NOTITI!!!

Good work, girl!! But damn! I hope they didn't go on sale in Seattle today or I might be in trouble.

*runs to check ticketmaster*

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Oh good, tickets for Seattle dont go on sale till Thursday. :relieved:

I still have time.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Originally posted by Calluna:

Oh good, tickets for Seattle dont go on sale till Thursday. :relieved:

I still have time.

Indeed, it is simply because they come here two months before Sea-town. I wont be making it back from exams until a week after the show there however. Blarg. I am a creature who loves Gorillaz!!
Yeah but it is said that their live show is preformed behind a screen onto which they project the images. I like this because I am big on Gorillaz as a concept band. I prefer to think of them as 2D, Russel, Murdoc, and most impotantly Noodle. Not to say I don't love Mina Hatori (sp?) or David, or Dan,or Del, but still.
Anyway yeah Gorillaz rant. You knwo you like it. It is as the ham, succulent. No?

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

WOOHOOOO!!!!!
I JUST SCORED MY TICKETS TO GORILLAZ IN SEATTLE!!!! YEAH!!!!

gorillaz_002.jpg

This morining I went down to my local music store, which is also a ticketmaster outlet, and I scored two awesome tickets!!! I went for seats though instead of GA because the CD store guy and I were discussing it and we decided that the balcony right in the center is the place to be to get the best view of the animations and plus I am not as young as notiti and staji anymore! Also, the cool CD store guy said that he heard they might come out from behind the screen for the encore so that would be cool.

Originally posted by notiti:
Indeed, it is simply because they come here two months before Sea-town. I wont be making it back from exams until a week after the show there however. Blarg. I am a creature who loves Gorillaz!!

Um, actually that is incorrect. My show is a mere two days after your show, noti. Your show is on March 3rd and my show is on March 5th. The confusion is understandable because the gorillaz site writes dates the European way so it looks like 05-03-02 instead of 03-05-02, get it?

Its a Gorillaz day for me because I also purchased the new Lovage CD, Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By which is produced by Dan the Automator. He also produced the Gorillaz CD. And noti, you better believe that you will be recieving a copy of this one in your mailbox very soon! You are gonna love this one!

anyway, WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today is a very good day.

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

Congrats, but I still hope, Damon will do something with Blur again. I like Blur better than the Gorillaz by far!

*plays the Parklife-CD at airplane-volume*

Ah, that was good!

------------------
Take the money and run

Wishing Damon would go back to Blur is like wishing Radiohead would go back to The Bends or wishing U2 would go back to The Joshua Tree or wishing the Beatles would go back to being "The Fab Four." Damon is moving forward with his musical style and I think the Brit-Pop genre was too limiting for him. I'm glad to see him experimenting and breaking boundaries with his new projects. For instance, when I heard the unreleased Gorillaz song, "The Sounder" from the Rock the House single, when I heard the chorus where Damon sings, I swear I thought it was Prince. He had that funky high falsetto like Prince does in "Kiss" and then when my friend told me it was Damon I was so surprised. His voice is extremely versatile and requires room for experimentation.

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

Agreed. Don't hate Damen, hate the game. He just got borded with Blur, and while I do like Blur I have to emphasize to all you kids out there right now that JUST BECAUSE DAMEN IS A MEMBER HE IS BY NO MEANS TEH ONLY IMPORTANT THING ABOUT GORILLAZ. I mean I know y'all can't help it by I swear if I hear one more time, "oh is that the band with the guy from Bulr?" I'm gonna get pissed. In fact Damen doesn't even want us to think abotu him while we listn to his music. HE isn't in the band, 2D is. Know what I'm saying, and I mean *technically* Murdoc is the most important Gorilla (it's his band man.) But anyway yeah, Gorillaz, and stuff...yeah.

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

Calluna originally wrote:
Damon is moving forward with his musical style and I think the Brit-Pop genre was too limiting for him.
Hey, what about the albums Blur and 13? This was no Brit-Pop at all, but it was great!! The Gorillaz are different from that. Blur should continue where they stopped 1999 - far away from Brit-Pop.

------------------
Take the money and run

Blur is actually supposed to be releasing another album this year, or so I've been reading. Blur never broke up, they just took a break. They started working on the new album in January of 2001, actually...
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom