Get the Wild Groove On!!!! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2002, 04:10 PM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 10:46 AM
Congrats, but I still hope, Damon will do something with Blur again. I like Blur better than the Gorillaz by far!

*plays the Parklife-CD at airplane-volume*

Ah, that was good!

------------------
Take the money and run

Old 01-26-2002, 04:44 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:46 AM

Wishing Damon would go back to Blur is like wishing Radiohead would go back to The Bends or wishing U2 would go back to The Joshua Tree or wishing the Beatles would go back to being "The Fab Four." Damon is moving forward with his musical style and I think the Brit-Pop genre was too limiting for him. I'm glad to see him experimenting and breaking boundaries with his new projects. For instance, when I heard the unreleased Gorillaz song, "The Sounder" from the Rock the House single, when I heard the chorus where Damon sings, I swear I thought it was Prince. He had that funky high falsetto like Prince does in "Kiss" and then when my friend told me it was Damon I was so surprised. His voice is extremely versatile and requires room for experimentation.

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

Old 01-26-2002, 08:23 PM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 07:46 PM
Agreed. Don't hate Damen, hate the game. He just got borded with Blur, and while I do like Blur I have to emphasize to all you kids out there right now that JUST BECAUSE DAMEN IS A MEMBER HE IS BY NO MEANS TEH ONLY IMPORTANT THING ABOUT GORILLAZ. I mean I know y'all can't help it by I swear if I hear one more time, "oh is that the band with the guy from Bulr?" I'm gonna get pissed. In fact Damen doesn't even want us to think abotu him while we listn to his music. HE isn't in the band, 2D is. Know what I'm saying, and I mean *technically* Murdoc is the most important Gorilla (it's his band man.) But anyway yeah, Gorillaz, and stuff...yeah.

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

http://www.iloveham.com/
Old 01-27-2002, 10:07 AM   #19
The Fly

Local Time: 10:46 AM
Quote:
Calluna originally wrote:
Damon is moving forward with his musical style and I think the Brit-Pop genre was too limiting for him.
Hey, what about the albums Blur and 13? This was no Brit-Pop at all, but it was great!! The Gorillaz are different from that. Blur should continue where they stopped 1999 - far away from Brit-Pop.

------------------
Take the money and run
Old 01-27-2002, 11:41 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:46 AM
Blur is actually supposed to be releasing another album this year, or so I've been reading. Blur never broke up, they just took a break. They started working on the new album in January of 2001, actually...