Get Smart Movie...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevated_u2_fan

Blue Crack Supplier
Source: http://movies.ign.com/articles/779/779810p1.html

April 11, 2007 - Production has officially commenced on the big-screen version of Get Smart, starring Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway as secret agents Maxwell Smart and Agent 99.

Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow announced that filming on the flick began on March 21 in Los Angeles and that the production will later shift to Washington, D.C. and Montreal.

The flick, which is based on the classic TV show of the same name, stars Carell as the bumbling agent, and Hathaway as his loyal partner. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson also stars as Agent 23, and Terence Stamp will play Siegfried, a key KAOS operative -- the bad guy. Alan Arkin plays the head of the CONTROL spy agency, Smart and 99's boss.

The cast is rounded out by Ken Davitian (Borat) as Shtarker; Masi Oka (TV's Heroes) as Bruce; Nate Torrence (TV's Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip) as Lloyd; David Koechner (Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy) as Agent Larabee; and Terry Crews (TV's Everybody Hates Chris) as Agent 91.

Peter Segal (The Longest Yard, Tommy Boy) is directing the movie from a script by Tom J. Astle & Matt Ember (Failure to Launch).

get-smart.jpg

This will either suck really, really bad or be incredibly funny.

I :heart: Steve Carell so I am hoping for the later :pray:

NO STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!!! IT DOESN'T EXIST AND IT NEVER WILL

*cries in the corner in denial*

The movie missed being good by about

this much....
The cast is terrible except for Steve...and even he slightly dissapoints me...this is my favorite show of all time,and I've know about this awful news for the last three years, and have been in denial...but it's only getting more and more real..

I know - there was a thread about this ages ago. I can't recall who I suggested for Agent 99. :scratch:

BRB, my shoe is ringing
donadamsshoephone200.jpg
:wink:

USA Today has a feature out promoting the Get Smart movie and there's
a quote from the director that clearly shows why I'm uncomfortable
with the movie script and their interpretation of the show. From director Peter Segal, who claims 99 needed to be updated because of the rise of feminism, "In the TV show, she was the woman who stood firmly behind her man," Segal says. When Smart failed to live up to his name, Feldon's character tended to giggle it away with an eye roll and an "Oh, Max!"

SO they're planning on taking away the very essance of Max and 99's relationship?

This my friend's is why the movie is going to suck

BUT ALAN ARKIN'S THE CHIEF :love:

I like the Alan Arkin casting, I think. Not the Hathaway one OR the fact they are changing Feldon's character. They didn't update or change other character remakes, did they? The Brady Bunch was still the Brady Bunch from the 70s in the 90s atmosphere. :shifty:

:grumpy:

Lila64 said:
I like the Alan Arkin casting, I think. Not the Hathaway one OR the fact they are changing Feldon's character. They didn't update or change other character remakes, did they? The Brady Bunch was still the Brady Bunch from the 70s in the 90s atmosphere. :shifty:

:grumpy:

Hmm... not many successful remakes had changed characters, look at The Mod Squad or Car 54, Where Are You?

Get Smart couldn't make it as a full blown movie with DON ADAMS playing Max *cough* Nude Bomb */Cough*

lol, e_u_f, I'm never going to be satisfied where this movie is concerned...Don Adams was my hero, and ever since he died a little over a year ago, I've been against the creation of this movie, and I've also been extremely tired this week (I had three exams and two papers due) and so, my posts have tended to be in a cranky nature, not your faul :wink:

Bill Murray is supposedly in this as Agent 13.

I think I just sharted.

I only saw a small clip of the tv show on youtube and it seemed pretty decent. I saw the preview for the movie and it looks pretty funny, so I'll probably go see it :up: I love when Steve is in the phone booth and he can't get out :giggle:

I feel like I shouldn't be talking in this thread..seeing as I've never really seen the show :reject:

Lila64 said:

I literally :lmao: when I read that :lol:

I don't see anywhere where this is mentioned, but it would be cool. Agent 13 was played by this guy on the TV Show
ketchum_photo.gif

http://wouldyoubelieve.com/movie.html

It will star Steve Carell as Max, Anne Hathaway as 99, and be directed by Peter Segal. Alan Arkin will be playing The Chief, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will be playing Agent 23, and Terence Stamp will be playing Siegfried, with Ken Davitan as the faithful Shtarker. Masi Oka (!!! :happy: ) and Nate Torrence play Max's nerdy analyst friends Bruce and Lloyd. David Koechner plays Larabee, Bill Murray plays Agent 13, Terry Crews plays Agent 91, and The Great Khali will be playing the giant.

I'm going to try and watch the whole series before the movie comes out, anything with Mel Brooks' name on it looks like a must-see for me.

have you seen any of the original episodes at all?

BTW, if you find a link to watch them online, please let me know. I can't find any stations airing them anymore :sad:

carell.jpg

I've seen an episode or two, but nothing substantial. :shrug:

Why this show isn't on TV Land as popular as it is/was, I'll never know.

Back
Top Bottom