Get On Your Boots, what's that bands name again? Courtesy of the CSGW's.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the gender discussion focuses on general sexist attitudes in 'RAWK muzak' and the industry being dominated by us dudes?

Lots of great female artists out there, still funny though that the majority of bands are still guys:shrug: Any explanation for this? I would have thought these days females would be equally able to setup their own bands and what not.

Then again funnily enough, most of the top jobs in nursing go to guys even though we only make up around 2% of all nurses...there has been some implication that female nurses select against themselves when promoting people...seems weird.

:lol: Yeah, somewhat. From the author's perspective, she's an academic, first of all, which is fairly uncommon for females, and then in the music department, which is again, very uncommon for females. In my university's music school, there are 7 female professors out of 24 total.

It's not necessarily that females aren't able to set up their own bands today, it's more that the culture doesn't really support female artists as much as male artists. It's rarer for females to be encouraged to join a rock band in their teenage years if they want to, where males are more encouraged to do that.

Cool. :up:

Cassie, have you heard Passion by Peter Gabriel by chance? If not, you really should because I think you'd really appreciate it. :drool:

If that's his soundtrack to Passion of the Christ, then yes. It's fantastic. :up:

Is that still the case though about girls not being encouraged to join a rock act? Most parents I still think aren't that happy with any of their kids tryin to start a musical career in a band, unless they are a musical family.

Something interesting to know would be whether there are more unsigned female acts than male ones...then you could point at something and say the record industry is sexist in whom it signs.

I don't think it's that though since some of the hotly tipped acts around in the UK are female led.

Justin - I'm making some traditional Polish pancakes... don't ask me why :lol: They look good though.

My only gripe with Manchester... the accent :wink:

We're nearing a new thread :up:

My vote's with LJT, he's never made one before. Do it! :hyper:

All of this talk about pancakes just makes me want a Belgian waffle with strawberries. And whipped cream. :lol: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom