Get On Your Boots, what's that bands name again? Courtesy of the CSGW's.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, right :wink:

I'm starting to think I'm the only person who liked it on first listen :lol: That makes me feel stupid. It should have been a grower!

Haha the panpipes in johns song are really making me laugh.

Ah, right :wink:

I'm starting to think I'm the only person who liked it on first listen :lol: That makes me feel stupid. It should have been a grower!

:lol:

Nah, it's not that I think it's a grower, I'm really digging the sound they've created and can't wait to hear more of it, but the chorus just sounds out of place to me.

I liked it first listen :up:

The song with the Black Eyed Peas dude and Sheryl Crow from the thing last night is pretty good, they're showing the whole celebration on TV again :D U2 twice!

Which bit is the chorus? :lol: THERE'S SO MUCH GOING ON!

I liked it first listen :up:

The song with the Black Eyed Peas dude and Sheryl Crow from the thing last night is pretty good, they're showing the whole celebration on TV again :D U2 twice!

Oh my god i moaned the whole way through it... Will.i.am KILLED a bob marley classic, it would have been better with just Sheryl I think. No one should try and sound like Bob. Sound different, whatever, but don't do a poor imitation :madwife:

Which bit is the chorus? :lol: THERE'S SO MUCH GOING ON!

I say it's the you're so beautiful part. It's the only part that repeats, and it's musically different than the verses, which would qualify it as a chorus according to its definition.

I say it's the you're so beautiful part. It's the only part that repeats, and it's musically different than the verses, which would qualify it as a chorus according to its definition.

Oh I quite like that bit, I think it's my favourite part of the song. Middle eastern sounds :drool:

I think it would've sounded better in a different song...for some reason, it just throws me off in the middle of the rest of what's going on. :lol:

I know what you mean - it is really different, but I don't think it's jarringly so. This really is the sort of song that completely depends on your tastes, don't you think? There are so many different sounds and stuff... it's hard to like them all :lol:

I know what you mean - it is really different, but I don't think it's jarringly so. This really is the sort of song that completely depends on your tastes, don't you think? There are so many different sounds and stuff... it's hard to like them all :lol:

Most definitely. My first thoughts were that I love the direction they took with the verses' sounds. They're finally on the same page as I am, at least musically, it seems. :lol: I can't wait to hear the rest of the album though. But, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to take the insanity of this place until then. :wink:

Most definitely. My first thoughts were that I love the direction they took with the verses' sounds. They're finally on the same page as I am, at least musically, it seems. :lol: I can't wait to hear the rest of the album though. But, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to take the insanity of this place until then. :wink:

:lol: I think it's going to come in tides.. like now everyone's so hyped up, but it'll go in a few days.
I'm so glad I'll be on holiday and away from here about a week before the album comes out. I just won't be able to take the leaks :lol: And I don't want to damn well cave!

I'm sure the album will be great but I hate that mentality of an album of singles. :down:

Yeah, I didn't know that he'd said that, and that's not a good thing in my mind. I'd much rather have an album made, not a bunch of songs grouped together...

:lol: I think it's going to come in tides.. like now everyone's so hyped up, but it'll go in a few days.
I'm so glad I'll be on holiday and away from here about a week before the album comes out. I just won't be able to take the leaks :lol: And I don't want to damn well cave!

:lol: Oh, I'll listen to a leak, no question. I just can't resist. :wink:

Edge did say it's not about the album but each track is like a single. :up: Can't wait for the rest :hyper:

Did he say that? I know they always said that about Bomb :hmm: I hope he was joking :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom