Get Lei'd in Randoooooooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Room said:

I'm not saying the whole park. Just kiddieland there. They have the Peanuts characters go around that area of the park at Cedar Point, sort of like Mickey Mouse at Disney. I could see them doing the same thing at Valley Fair.

IE the kid roller coaster at Cedar Point in Ohio is called The Woodstock Express.

that would be cool! Did you ever go to VF when you were here? I know you said your brother lived in MSP somewhere....

zoney! said:

I was going to work at camp snoopy too. I didn't want to look like a boy scout. :sexywink:

I read it on startribune.com. I refuse to read any of the over-glamorized TV station articles. :barf:

I haven't been on Star Tribune today....

and it was a Beagle Scout NOT boy scout! :mad: :mad: :mad:

TRUE STORY......

One summer day in 1992 I was in my BEAGLE SCOUT uniform driving to work from where I lived in Golden Valley down 169. There was a tarp/tent thingy on the road. I tried to avoid it but there was a lot of traffic so I had to drive over some of it. There was a rope on the tarp. The rope got caught on the bottom of the car. I drove all the way to the MOA from the 169/394 area in a Beagle Scout uniform with a damn tent on the back of my car. When I got out of the car, someone in the parking lot made a comment about how at least I was in the right outfit to have a tent hanging from the back of my car :|

:reject:

arw9797 said:

that would be cool! Did you ever go to VF when you were here? I know you said your brother lived in MSP somewhere....

Unfortunately no, they were not open the couple of times I went and visited. Drove by it though, I would have loved to ride Wild Thing. Looks like a good coaster. :)laugh: if you cant tell, roller coasters are kind of my other hobby/passion besides U2 :nerd: )

Blue Room said:

I'm not saying the whole park. Just kiddieland there. They have the Peanuts characters go around that area of the park at Cedar Point, sort of like Mickey Mouse at Disney. I could see them doing the same thing at Valley Fair.

IE the kid roller coaster at Cedar Point in Ohio is called The Woodstock Express.

:yes:

Cedar Point is my heart shaped state. :D

Oh, my brother lived in two places while they were in Minneapolis. White Bear Lake and then in Woodbury. I guess thats really St. Paul though.

Blue Room said:

Unfortunately no, they were not open the couple of times I went and visited. Drove by it though, I would have loved to ride Wild Thing. Looks like a good coaster. :)laugh: if you cant tell, roller coasters are kind of my other hobby/passion besides U2 :nerd: )

Wild Thing is really cool! I haven't been there for about 5 years but I think there's a bigger and better one now since they built that one.

Blue Room said:
Oh, my brother lived in two places while they were in Minneapolis. White Bear Lake and then in Woodbury.

That would be considered St Paul :sexywink: They're both on the other side of the river so it's not Minneapolis.

Another true and completely useless story....people in Minneapolis think Minneapolis/St Paul is one gigantic city and the river is just the river. People in St Paul consider Minneapolis and St Paul two very separate cities and it's a huge ordeal if they have to cross the river to go into Minneapolis.

Kind of like Meg when people complain about having to drive over 2 bridges in RI to get to places. Only this is free. My mom's whole side of the family is from St Paul and it just takes everything they have to cross that damn river to come over for a visit. :huh:

arw9797 said:

That would be considered St Paul :sexywink: They're both on the other side of the river so it's not Minneapolis.

I had already added that right after I posted! :laugh: :wink:

Oh, and Wild Thing is still the biggest coaster at Valley Fair. They did add a new one though 2 years ago (its a shuttle coaster, you launch up a spiral and shoot back down backwards and up another tower on the other end, if that makes sense. :huh: ). Wild Thing is still bigger though.

Blue Room said:

I had already added that right after I posted! :laugh: :wink:

Oh, and Wild Thing is still the biggest coaster at Valley Fair. They did add a new one though 2 years ago (its a shuttle coaster, you launch up a spiral and shoot back down backwards and up another tower on the other end, if that makes sense. :huh: ). Wild Thing is still bigger though.

You know more about the place than I do and it's only 30 minutes from here!

arw9797 said:

TRUE STORY......

One summer day in 1992 I was in my BEAGLE SCOUT uniform driving to work from where I lived in Golden Valley down 169. There was a tarp/tent thingy on the road. I tried to avoid it but there was a lot of traffic so I had to drive over some of it. There was a rope on the tarp. The rope got caught on the bottom of the car. I drove all the way to the MOA from the 169/394 area in a Beagle Scout uniform with a damn tent on the back of my car. When I got out of the car, someone in the parking lot made a comment about how at least I was in the right outfit to have a tent hanging from the back of my car :|

:lmao:

arw9797 said:

Another true and completely useless story....people in Minneapolis think Minneapolis/St Paul is one gigantic city and the river is just the river. People in St Paul consider Minneapolis and St Paul two very separate cities and it's a huge ordeal if they have to cross the river to go into Minneapolis.

Kind of like Meg when people complain about having to drive over 2 bridges in RI to get to places. Only this is free. My mom's whole side of the family is from St Paul and it just takes everything they have to cross that damn river to come over for a visit. :huh:
I never thought they were one city :D

But I used to be one of the people who wouldn't drive over the two bridges unless I ahd a damn good reason for it.

Although with the price of gas and bridge tokens, these days I'm not really sure I have a damn good reason to do it 5 days a week...

arw9797 said:
My mom's whole side of the family is from St Paul and it just takes everything they have to cross that damn river to come over for a visit. :huh:

There are SO many people on both sides of the river with this mentality. I don't get it. It deserves a :|

I know people from the St. Paul side who only cross the river for Twins games...and people who refuse to cross to St. Paul...even for the High School Hockey State Championship.

arw9797 said:

:lol:

posting by myself...oh oh uh oh

posting by myself....oh oh uh oh

So...I will be in Minneapolis this friday...for a very short time.

Hopefully I will get to go to lunch with a friend too. :)

arw9797 said:
I am watching the most frightening show on MTV right now :scream: Some boy band kid that's trying to start over. :scary:

I like how he just name-dropped his band when he was "interviewing" - and the guy had never heard of "O town" :lol:

K
A
R
I
A
N
N

My computer just froze and FOR SURE it is YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!11!!!1!!11!!!!!

I was trying to shop on

B
A
B
Y

G
A
P

and it froze up my computer. :madwife:

You are soooooooooooooooooo

L
U
C
K
Y
!
!
!

you are not at work right now...I would SO be escalated! :D

KARE 11 just said that the MOA has a ton of other big name interests in Camp Snoopy so the temp name is going to the Park at MOA or something lame like that. Eventually someone else bigger and better will take over. Snoopy is gone in 10 days :scream:

:nerd: I'm going there on Saturday with my camera :reject:

arw9797 said:

TRUE STORY......

Story about
arw dressed in beagle scout uniform
C_0689858558.jpg
+
tent.jpg
= :lmao:

I slept too much between 5 and 9 pm and now I'm wired. And I think hungry, too.

I would REALLY like a blueberry bagel right now for some reason.

:wave: Hi fah, sorry about the toaster...I would seriously starve without a toaster. :shifty:

I should go to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom