germany - brasil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, SuperKahn ("!Es un pajaro! !Es un avion! !No! !Es SuperKahn!") picked a rather inconvenient time to give up a soft goal...

Congratulations to Brazil. For most of the game Germany had only one weapon, the high ball, and Lucio and Roque Jr. did a good job of shutting that down. Marcos also made a couple of great saves on Neuville's free kick (I think he got a fingertip on it, and it hit off the post) and Bierhoff's shot.

I like the T-shirts Edmilson, Lucio and Kaka were wearing after the game. Too bad Marcos wasn't wearing one of those T-shirts that says "Jesus saves" with a picture of Him playing in goal, though.

Last edited:
FIVE TIMES CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS FOLLOWER AND ALL BRAZILIANS!!!:lol:

WE ARE CHAMPIONS BY THE FIFTH TIME......

RAF, just one thing: Marcos is better than Khan....:sexywink:

There are two new saints in our country:

Saint Marcos .....and......

SAINT RONALDOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
:lol:

speedracer said:
I like the T-shirts Edmilson, Lucio and Kaka were wearing after the game. Too bad Marcos wasn't wearing one of those T-shirts that says "Jesus saves" with a picture of Him playing in goal, though.

That?s what I said before with DEUS ? BRASILEIRO. Not that difficult to get it. ;)

Man! People are really happy around here, LOL

Can?t help going out to celebrate with the kids.

And rafmed...I will definitely have that fine German wine this time around...with a great churrasco, of course.

:):):):):)

Oy vey.

I live in a city with lots of Brazilian immigrants who are all honking their car horns right now, seemingly oblivious to the fact that it's 10 am on a Sunday morning right now. :)

Congrats Brasil!!!!!!!!!! Great game all!
:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

(I still love ya Kahn! ..but definitely wanted Brasil to win) :)
Bahaha speedracer at SuperKhan! I watched all the games on Univision too. :D

Just wanna say thank you all. Yes, Kahn is good, but not that humble. He never, ever should have said what he said...that Brazilian players should prove they are good by scoring a goal against him.

As we?re used to say here...ele cutucou a on?a com vara curta :D

And don?t ask me translate that, LOL

Congratulations Brazil!!!

I was cheering for your boys, follower! :D

Went to a British pub downtown in Minneapolis and watched the game with other soccer-aware Americans. ;) Actually, the guy sitting next to me was German, a professor that teaches here, so it was fun to joke with him and made me a bit more sympathetic towards the German team. :D (he was kinda cute :sexywink: )

Really great game to watch. It seemed that the Germans kept Brazil on the defense for a good bit of the time in the first half. Some beautiful beautiful moments of play between the Rs. Wow. I was surprised that Kahn let that first goal through. :eek:

mad1: could you just pretent it was Germany who won?? pleeease??

Congratulations Brazil, congratulations dearest Maria! It was great watching the game with my friend from Brazil, and everytime Brazil scored, he called home, and I listened in the phone to a country going completely crazy for their team. It was a great game indeed!

Chris

spanisheyes said:
Congratulations Brazil, congratulations dearest Maria! It was great watching the game with my friend from Brazil, and everytime Brazil scored, he called home, and I listened in the phone to a country going completely crazy for their team. It was a great game indeed!

Chris

Thanks meu amigo. Obrigada, muito obrigada, de verdade. :love:

Second best news of the day, to know that you could bravely bear another soccer match starting at early 4 am there in Northern California :D...You're definitely an American hero my friend, LOL...but I know two things that might have made the difference for you: the nice company of your Brazilian friend and, of course, you rooting for OUR GREAT SELE??O! FIVE TIMES WORLD CUP CHAMPION! TWO GOALS BY OUR PHENOMENON RONALDO...;) Can't help bragging about that. A little. :yes:

Man...What a day! What a match! What a goal! What a great players we have in our team! :D

Okay, I think I'm allowed to have some poetic freedom here today...don't you think?

:lol:

follower said:
Now you can praise me ;)
Muito obrigada!

DEUS ? BRASILEIRO!!!

? PENTA, ? PENTA, ? PENTACAMPE?OOOOOOOOO!!!

D?-LHE BRASILLLLLLLL !!!

yeah, I?m very, very happy :):):):):)

AAH EU TO MALUCO, AH EU TO MALUCO, AH EU TO MALUCO!!!!

I have to say I had no faith in this team, but they came through, it almost looked too easy that it's gonna take a heck of a long time to sink in.

EU SOU BRASILEIRO, COM MUITO ORGULHO, COM MUITO AMOR!!!!!

Congrats Brazil

There was very little between the sides in the final, it was unfortunate that Kahn made the mistake for the first goal (though I think Hamman was also kind of repsonsible...) since he's been so great throughout the whole tournament, Germany wouldnt have been in the final without him.

Germany seemed to suffer from their inability to finish their chances, and it seems Brazil had the bit of luck needed. On the strength of their performance throughout the tournament I think they are dserved winners. (though 2-0 flatters them IMO)

er. what the hell do we all do now :confused:

cloudimani said:
Congrats Brazil

There was very little between the sides in the final, it was unfortunate that Kahn made the mistake for the first goal (though I think Hamman was also kind of repsonsible...) since he's been so great throughout the whole tournament, Germany wouldnt have been in the final without him.

Germany seemed to suffer from their inability to finish their chances, and it seems Brazil had the bit of luck needed. On the strength of their performance throughout the tournament I think they are dserved winners. (though 2-0 flatters them IMO)

er. what the hell do we all do now :confused:

Never too early to start talking about 2006.

speedracer said:

Never too early to start talking about 2006.

Well the European contingent (and anyone else who cares I suppose...) have Euro 2004 Portugal to look forward to first :)

Back
Top Bottom