germany - brasil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cass said:
not a biggie, but, does this mean Germany will send Brasil out in blue? My Brasil shirt is blue so that's cool imho, but I seem to recall the opposing team preferring not to see the yellow.

As far as I know Germany will have to face that yellow. That?s what I read in newspapers here today.

:yes:

VAMOS L? BRASILI!!!
1991235107.jpg

27 June 2002, 16:13 Seoul - Tokyo
True colours shine at the final
by FIFAworldcup.com

As the two biggest sides in all of world football meet for the first time at the FIFA World Cup? in Yokohama?s final on 30 June, they will be bolstered both by wearing their traditional, time-honoured colours.
The ?Selecao? have won three of four FIFA World Cups in their recognisable canary strip, while Germany have pulled down three titles wearing their plain, but awe-inspiring white.

In 1954 the Germans were finally able to shout ?Deutschland? in pride again after the pains of World War II wearing a plain, white strip. And again in 1974, ?Der Kaiser? Franz Beckenbauer led a white side to victory over fancied-Holland at home in Munich?s Olympic Stadium. After failing with green in Mexico City, the Germans wore white again in 1990 for their third FIFA World Cup triumph -- this time though with a bit of red, black and yellow splashed across the front.

In their first outing at the 1958 final, Garrincha, Pele and Brazil downed hosts Sweden in a sweat-drenched blue jersey, but they hit their stride in a more familiar yellow. In 1962, 1970 and 1994 Brazil held aloft the Jules Rimet and the World Cup trophies in their trademark yellow.

Come 30 June, one side -- after winning three apiece in their Sunday best -- will have to die in their favoured suit of armor.

Final Colours

Brasil: Yellow (shirt) Blue (shorts) Blue (socks)

Germany: White (shirt) Black (shorts) White (socks)

2694826510.jpg

rafmed said:

LMAO

English....

:D

And Scottish and Welsh and Irish and French and Dutch and Belgian and Swedish and Danish and Finnish and Norwegian and Spanish and Portuguese and Croatian and Bulgarian and Maltese and Greek and Italian

But not Turkish or Austrian ;)

bullet the blue sky said:

And Scottish and Welsh and Irish and French and Dutch and Belgian and Swedish and Danish and Finnish and Norwegian and Spanish and Portuguese and Croatian and Bulgarian and Maltese and Greek and Italian

But not Turkish or Austrian ;)

*Wonders what hurt more the english, the poor performance of his team, or that Germany is in the final* ;)

mad1 said:
If Germany win Im putin up a pic of me in red undies.

for the boys

for viewing pleasure only

no touching

:D

Gee...are you desperated or what? :D

Sorry, but I think your red undies will stay in the drawer next Sunday.

follower said:

Gee...are you desperated or what? :D

Sorry, but I think your red undies will stay in the drawer next Sunday.

Sorry follower but it seems that maddie has set the tone for who interferencers will root for.....

unless you have a better offer ;)

:D:D:D

rafmed said:

Sorry follower but it seems that maddie has set the tone for who interferencers will root for.....

unless you have a better offer ;)

:D:D:D

LOL amigo, naughty you, uh? But I'm not desperated. At all. ;)

Germans will need as many interferencers rooting for them as possible to balance 170 millions of crazy Brazilians. :p

rafmed said:

*Wonders what hurt more the english, the poor performance of his team, or that Germany is in the final* ;)

Actually, we are really in a win-win situation. We know that Germany haven't actually played anyone decent to get to the final... and if they do win it, we beat them 5-1, so they can't be all that good!

And if Brazil win it, then we can say we were beaten by the eventual champions!

And actually, as well as getting further than Mexico, our half-fit bunch of reserves did really well and got further than the likes of Argentina (who we beat!), Italy, Denmark (who we beat, who beat France), Ireland, Portugal and so on!

Imagine what we'd have managed with a proper team out!

As I've said before, this last month this forum has made me proud to be English again! Because I never knew how much people were interested in us!

Well after having been beaten in every important game by Germany for the last 35 years, yeah english must be happy that 5-1 wasn't enough to knock of them of and that Germany still can win...again. :)

Its funny the racionalization that you do, to justify your team. :)

About Mexico, we had some fun, played a bit over our heads, and then sucked BIG time, but then that is what we do all the time, we don't live on false expectaions.

By the way read this: ;)

http://worldcup.espnsoccernet.com/story?id=218934&lang=en

About being proud of being English, seriously, is great, I mean, that is the way we have to be, no matter our nationality, and I hope you know this is all about footy, not anything else, respect. :)

rafmed said:
Well after having been beaten in every important game by Germany for the last 35 years, yeah english must be happy that 5-1 wasn't enough to knock of them of and that Germany still can win...again. :)

Its funny the racionalization that you do, to justify your team. :)

About Mexico, we had some fun, played a bit over our heads, and then sucked BIG time, but then that is what we do all the time, we don't live on false expectaions.

By the way read this: ;)

http://worldcup.espnsoccernet.com/story?id=218934&lang=en

About being proud of being English, seriously, is great, I mean, that is the way we have to be, no matter our nationality, and I hope you know this is all about footy, not anything else, respect. :)

I'd seen that already. What amused me most was his line "I did not see one high ball put into the box"... English football was lambasted for years for doing just that!

And as for false expectations... we didn't have any at all before the tournament! That's why we are happy we did so well!

follower said:

whats wrong with this picture......:eyebrow:
.no really, have a very close look................

I only said waht I said cause I know I wont need to pose as Germany aint gonna win!

If they do Im gonna swing a big turd over their country and aim high.....:D

j/k I am rootin for Brazilly Willy........:happy:

mad1 said:
I only said waht I said cause I know I wont need to pose as Germany aint gonna win!

If they do Im gonna swing a big turd over their country and aim high.....:D

j/k I am rootin for Brazilly Willy........:happy:

I knew I was wrong, LOL, wise decision ;) ...And I?ll tell you, IF and said IF we loose I?ll be the first to come here to see your already infamous pic maddie :tongue:

Now you can praise me ;)
Muito obrigada!

DEUS ? BRASILEIRO!!!

? PENTA, ? PENTA, ? PENTACAMPE?OOOOOOOOO!!!

D?-LHE BRASILLLLLLLL !!!

yeah, I?m very, very happy :):):):):)

CONGRATULATIONS BRASIL !!!!
(and follower in particular of course)

deserved win

Congratulations Brasil! I was rooting for you
congratulations Germay also. They were better than I expected...

I'm specialy glad for Ronaldo. After 4 yrs of tragedy for him he returns to the great form on the same tournament which destroyed him in 1998...

I think that today football won...

Back
Top Bottom