George RR Martin's book series to be TV series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This news makes so goddamn happy. I love these books, and HBO puts on the best shows on TV. I remember reading the books hoping that one day HBO woud pick them up, but never really believing it would happen.

This is just loverly. :hyper:

Alisaura said:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117957532.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Not sure how many people would know these books, the series is called a Song of Ice and Fire, by George RR Martin; fabulous fantasy series.

:up:

I have the first three, but I haven't read them yet. Began reading the first one, but then I started a new job and I just haven't MADE the time to go back and read them.

But I hear they are awesome and from what I read of the first book, the reviewers weren't wrong!

Probably still won't usurp my all-time favorite fantasy series, where my username comes from, Robin Hobb's The Farseer Trilogy: Assassin's Apprentince, Royal Assassin, Assassin's Quest. Sooooooooooo frickin' brilliant!!!!!

Don't speak too soon, Fitz :wink:
I love Robin Hobb too, although I think I prefer the Liveship Traders series to the Assassin one... but then I have a weakness for dragons :D
(Which is why the second Farseer trilogy kicked so much arse... :drool: )

But yeah, George Martin is an awesome writer. Read the books! :D

Alisaura said:
... but then I have a weakness for dragons :D

If you have a weakness for dragons, have you read these: "Temeraire" and "His Majesty's Dragon" by Naomi Novik. They are supposed to be a re-telling of the Napoleanic Wars but with the aid of dragons!

They're supposed to be really good. Peter Jackson actually optioned the movie rights because he thought they were so great and visual.

New Peter Jackson fantasy series. :drool:

FitzChivalry said:

If you have a weakness for dragons, have you read these: "Temeraire" and "His Majesty's Dragon" by Naomi Novik. They are supposed to be a re-telling of the Napoleanic Wars but with the aid of dragons!

I have just recently read Temeraire, and enjoyed it... has the sequel come out then?

New Peter Jackson fantasy series. :drool:

Agreed... :drool:

Back
Top Bottom